Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New pics of my truck. lift, lights, cb

Old 03-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Staveys150
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 19mfn96

Thanks gomer!! Thats sayn alot on this site!!!
your truck is awesome! but imo thats not saying a lot on this site... about 85% of this forum is flaresides and beat up work trucks

Old 03-04-2011, 04:20 PM
19mfn96
Senior User
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Staveys150
your truck is awesome! but imo thats not saying a lot on this site... about 85% of this forum is flaresides and beat up work trucks
and you must be one of the ones with a beat up truck right?

Old 03-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Staveys150
Senior User
yea take my comploment and say my truck is junk. jusy look at all the 500 pages of the pre-97 thread and tell me how many "nice" trucks there are

Old 03-04-2011, 09:51 PM
19mfn96
Senior User
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Staveys150
yea take my comploment and say my truck is junk. jusy look at all the 500 pages of the pre-97 thread and tell me how many "nice" trucks there are
Dude, I dont even know what your truck looks like. But you cant get on here and say that 85% of these hardworking guys trucks are junk. It also sounds like you have a thing against flaresides. I have no idea what your truck looks like, but I would never call it junk. So chill out.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:15 PM
96f350az
Senior User
right? im offended! haha

Old 03-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Staveys150
Senior User
Originally Posted by 19mfn96
Dude, I dont even know what your truck looks like. But you cant get on here and say that 85% of these hardworking guys trucks are junk. It also sounds like you have a thing against flaresides. I have no idea what your truck looks like, but I would never call it junk. So chill out.
im simply stating my opinion.. your truck looks good. would it make you feel better if i said 50% of the trucks on here are junk? i mean really some of the trucks posted up here should be put out of there misery and scrapped. (this is just MY opinion) and yea i absolutely hate flaresides

i really dont see the point in posting up an old rusted out beat up stock truck.. who wants to see that?

<a href="http://bit.ly/hQRm6K" target="_blank" />Check out this image!</a> starting it out right on the first page

Old 03-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Staveys150
Senior User
Originally Posted by 96f350az
right? im offended! haha
......why?

Old 03-04-2011, 11:30 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Personally, I think that to a degree, every truck on here is a great truck in its' own right....But who are you or anyone for that matter, to come onto a forum, and put other peoples' trucks down? I mean yeah, some are dented up pretty bad, but those are WORK trucks....Then you have the trailer queens....But all in all, every member on here puts a LOT of time and effort into his/her truck....I'm sorry man, but thats a negative rep from me for a negative statement...

-Wes

P.S-Walk up to the guy on here that lives nearest to you, and tell him that to his face....I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain you, or anyone for that matter would be picking himself up off the tarmac....Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but on here, please keepthe negative ones to yourself.....Thank you...

Old 03-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Staveys150
Senior User
Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l
Personally, I think that to a degree, every truck on here is a great truck in its' own right....But who are you or anyone for that matter, to come onto a forum, and put other peoples' trucks down? I mean yeah, some are dented up pretty bad, but those are WORK trucks....Then you have the trailer queens....But all in all, every member on here puts a LOT of time and effort into his/her truck....I'm sorry man, but thats a negative rep from me for a negative statement...

-Wes

P.S-Walk up to the guy on here that lives nearest to you, and tell him that to his face....I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain you, or anyone for that matter would be picking himself up off the tarmac....Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but on here, please keepthe negative ones to yourself.....Thank you...

i think i am entiteled to my own opinion.... so yall are allowed to say my truck and my friends truck is hideous... why dont you come to my face and say that.. are you above me? to tell me what i cant say on here?

WTF does tarmac mean?

Old 03-05-2011, 12:21 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Dude, obviously you did not read the comment...I said to just please keep negative comments off the boards...Thats for anyone, not just you....If you are referring to this exact thread, then no, I do not think its alright to say your truck is hideous....But from what I read, you started it....Just saying man.....You did say, and I quote "Your truck is awesome, but imo thats not sayin much on this site..."

I mean you did start it obviously, 19mfn96 even clearly said "I don't even know what your truck looks like, and I would never say that.."

I'm not pickin' fights here, just asking EVERYONE to please keep negative comments off the boards, it just makes for more pleasurable surfing....

And tarmac is asphalt.....

-Wes

P.S-I, nor anyone but a moderator are above anyone on here....Simple as that. But, as a PAYING SUPPORTER, I really don't want to see the negativity spread by people putting others' stuff down....In the rules that you agreed to abide by, they clearly state that ANY violence towards a moderator, or members, OR any threats will not be tolerated.....I'm happy to view you as a fellow truck enthusiast who has his own point-of-view, and I respect that...I was just asking you to please not degrade other members' hard work.....

And the comment also applied to my truck obviously, and yes, I DO TAKE OFFENSE, but I am asking nicely....On here, you'll find respect begets respect.....

Old 03-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Staveys150
Senior User
if saying my opinion is starting fight yall really need to chill out. if i dont like a truck who the fvck am i? why does it matter so much, really?. im not starting any violence especially since your telling me im going to be layed out? sounds like a threat to me... JUST SAYING...

on that note, i did not specifically point out anyones truck except for the one on the first page of the pre-97 thread. i simply stated my dislike for flaresides. i guess members cant handle the fact that a complete stanger doesnt like their truck

but i do agree that i started this pointless argument.... i guess i have taken it too far on this forum

Old 03-05-2011, 12:53 AM
96f350az
Senior User
staves sounds like you came from a honda forum or something. wrong place for this kinda talk. it isnt taken well and im not sure who you are. and could give a rats a$$ but its seeming like your in the wrong on this one ide tuck tail and walk away.

the trucks on here and in this thread are loved and cherished by there owners. sorry you dont feel the same or understand that.

its character! every dent has a story.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:55 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

The reference I made was not a threat....not at all...And like I said, I have no issue whatsoever with you views on flaresides....Personally I love them....But I'm not arguing the fact....

I take it that if a random stranger walked up, pointed at your truck and said "Hey man that looks like ***..." you wouldn't be offended? I should think that you would be, as it is your truck, your hard earned money, and time put into it.....I am not generally an arguing guy...But as I said, I have paid my membership fees to enjoy the site even more, and it just peeves me for negativity to be spread.......

On a different note, I respect you completely as a fellow FTE brother....And you are completely and totally entitled to your own personal opinions....But you know what they say, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all..."...

Agreed, they're are some trucks on here that don't tickle my fancy exactly, but I simply glean over the persons vehicle and move to something more appealing....

Do you see what I mean man?....All I am saying is if you, or anyone else degrades anyones truck, then turns around and asks for help, you won't get any replies...Trust me on that one...

Last but not least, I have no quarrell with you....Or your opinions....Just trying to guide you against a lotta flak...

-Wes

Old 03-05-2011, 01:12 AM
Staveys150
Senior User
Originally Posted by 96f350az
staves sounds like you came from a honda forum or something. wrong place for this kinda talk. it isnt taken well and im not sure who you are. and could give a rats a$$ but its seeming like your in the wrong on this one ide tuck tail and walk away.

the trucks on here and in this thread are loved and cherished by there owners. sorry you dont feel the same or understand that.

its character! every dent has a story.

Actually i did.. where people can speak their mind and no one gets butt hurt over it. i dont give a fvck who you are either.. if you want to be like that. i love how you think your better than me telling me what to do. this is a forum.. get over it

Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l
The reference I made was not a threat....not at all...And like I said, I have no issue whatsoever with you views on flaresides....Personally I love them....But I'm not arguing the fact....

I take it that if a random stranger walked up, pointed at your truck and said "Hey man that looks like ***..." you wouldn't be offended? I should think that you would be, as it is your truck, your hard earned money, and time put into it.....I am not generally an arguing guy...But as I said, I have paid my membership fees to enjoy the site even more, and it just peeves me for negativity to be spread.......

On a different note, I respect you completely as a fellow FTE brother....And you are completely and totally entitled to your own personal opinions....But you know what they say, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all..."...

Agreed, they're are some trucks on here that don't tickle my fancy exactly, but I simply glean over the persons vehicle and move to something more appealing....

Do you see what I mean man?....All I am saying is if you, or anyone else degrades anyones truck, then turns around and asks for help, you won't get any replies...Trust me on that one...

Last but not least, I have no quarrell with you....Or your opinions....Just trying to guide you against a lotta flak...

-Wes
i would definitely be offended considering my trucks arent rusted to the bone. in no way are they perfect. but im not specificelly talking ***** about any persons truck (with the exception of the first page on the pre-97 thread)

i totally respect you in helping me out. i understand that this forum is much different than most. where you cant speak your mind (even though the things i say arent talking ***** in my point of view) some people can take it the wrong way. i probly just should of said " your truck looks better than 85% of the forum"

Old 03-05-2011, 01:21 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

I really don't want to push you, or anyone off this forum, but like I said, Respect=Respect....And yes, that would have been a nicer way of stating your opinions....

Bottom line is that I have known these people (Via the intraweb) for over a year, I know how they tick.....And degrading statements will get a cold shoulder....Maybe we are just sensitive guys an gals on here, but we like to keep things rated PG at most.....Just in case someones kid walks in an reads the screen, etc.....And as a rule of thumb, kindness and helpfull gets you farther on here.....Trust me, friends and enemies alike can be made here...Either you'll make a friend for life, or an enemy for life....

And as stated before, we all try to build each other up, and stray away from the putdowns....We get enough of those from the chevy guys...

But to each their own....If ya wanna continue the course you're on, so be it.....I tried...

-Wes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New pics of my truck. lift, lights, cb