Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Senior User

NemesisNJ is starting off with a positive reputation.
Transfer Case Seal Replacement

Just looked at the Repair Guide Member section on Autozone's site and it says I can replace the front output shaft seal by removing the shaft and yoke from the bore. It also says this for the rear seal as well. But I just picked up a Haynes Manual and it states I can only do this for the rear, and the front seal replacement requires me to drop the transfer case from the trans and disassemble it. Anyone ever replaced the front output shaft seal? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Senior User

dirtmonkey11 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I personally haven't done the transfer case seals on these trucks before, but one thing I would do is look at a factory Ford service manual that is specific to your truck. I have a Haynes manual and it sometimes is too broad on the explanations and fixes. Don't get me wrong it’s a good manual, but when you need to get very specific info I found the factory service manuals to be more helpful. I'm sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.
DynoMax Exhaust
Old 03-04-2011, 09:29 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator

Tags
2001, 97, case, cost, expedition, f150, f250, ford, front, leak, output, replace, seal, seals, shaft, transfer