6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2011 King Ranch Hauler Package

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 09:28 AM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 King Ranch Hauler Package

So just wanted to let everyone know a couple cool things about the new 2011 Superduty. The offset of the wheels has changed again. The backspacing on the new wheels is another 1/8" deeper. Using a set of '08 to '10 wheels you can run 12.5" wide tires with no contact on fenders, bumpers, or brackets. I know 35"s for sure but haven't checked 37"s yet. Another sweet thing is the front brakes now clear 17" wheels. Since tire companies have limited the production of 37" and larger tires and most 37"s for 18" and up wheels cost over $500 each it's nice that we can step down to 17"s for off road and not have to pay an arm and a leg for a set of rubber. It'll still be close to impossible to find an E rated tire, but there are a good amount of D rated tires that have over a 3500lb GVW. Due to the tire prices I plan on running the 35"s for street and having a spare set of 37" just for hunting, off road fun, and the ranches. The 35"s I'm running are the Duratracs which are 13" wide and barely contact the radius arm on the driver side, but just the arm nothing else. Yesterday I also checked the 17" clearance on a set of Raceline Monsters. Just make sure to relocate wires that are ran on the outside of the radius arms.

So main plans for my King Ranch are a gray lower two tone. I took the fenders and bumpers off. Replaced the painted bumpers with chrome. May eventually go with a Warn Hidden Winch kit mount system. And definitely planning on going with the King Coilover and 2.5" Rear Reservoirs, dual cat back exhaust, and intake.

The competition:LOL

Plan on Paint SchemeSomebody else's Lariat)

Old 03-02-2011, 11:13 AM
cummins cowboy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what size are the wheels and tires in the first 3 pics?? what year truck did they come off of. I know I am in the minority but that is about the best possible overall look on these trucks IMO, no lift, the back sits higher than the front like it should. the rubber feels the openings of the wheel wells, it just looks right. and bigger tires are going to help when it comes to offroading more than a lift. the other thing is the tires aren't sticking out past the the wheel wells and looking dumb that way either. me likee

Old 03-02-2011, 12:45 PM
bookem15
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also like that look. What size are the wheels and tires on those first pictures? I have a lift on my 150 and when I buy my new truck I do not want a lift on it. Truck looks almost perfect in my opinion just need a set of deep dish wheels to go along with it.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:38 PM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
Originally Posted by cummins cowboy
what size are the wheels and tires in the first 3 pics?? what year truck did they come off of. I know I am in the minority but that is about the best possible overall look on these trucks IMO, no lift, the back sits higher than the front like it should. the rubber feels the openings of the wheel wells, it just looks right. and bigger tires are going to help when it comes to offroading more than a lift. the other thing is the tires aren't sticking out past the the wheel wells and looking dumb that way either. me likee
Originally Posted by bookem15
I also like that look. What size are the wheels and tires on those first pictures? I have a lift on my 150 and when I buy my new truck I do not want a lift on it. Truck looks almost perfect in my opinion just need a set of deep dish wheels to go along with it.
The wheels are the '08-'10 20"ers. The backspacing is only an 1/8" less but it helps. As for the sticking out the new 2011 has a different roll to the fenders. The '99-'10 roll out at the bottom almost like a mudflap rolled into the fender. It was a nice touch cause it kept rocks from chipping the paint on the lower door and along the pinch weld. My MegaCab doesn't have that and I had to LineX the lower section cause it was getting chipped bad.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:17 PM
stsmark
Mountain Pass
Received 60 Likes on 16 Posts
I have a 350 with that color scheme and get a lot of compliments. You seeing yours just convinced me to get a KR grille and have it painted. Looks great with the chrome bumper. Like the 08 wheels also.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:30 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Your Ford looks great with those wheels and tires.
I had become comfortable with my ContiTracs for now (these still suck but the duraflaps helped make them look better) but your pictures ruined my comfort zone again...

Originally Posted by stsmark
I have a 350 with that color scheme and get a lot of compliments. You seeing yours just convinced me to get a KR grille and have it painted. Looks great with the chrome bumper. Like the 08 wheels also.
That reminds me, does anyone have a part number for the KR grille surround?
houseofdiesel, my apologies in advanced for distracting this topic for a post or two.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:04 PM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
Originally Posted by stsmark
Ya I love the KR partially painted grill. The full chrome grills are just way too much. Not too sure who's designing the front of these Supeduties but their not the prettiest or toughest looking for that matter. A recessed slanted front grill would look sweet, kinda like a huge Shelby AC Cobra Grill. Maybe even reverse angled like the new Ram. But ya I was going to go chrome cause that's what I did with my '05 Ex Lariat Unlimited, but once I got the bumpers on I was like that's it, it looks perfect. I think the grill is so big that one bad move and it'll ruin the whole look.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
She looks great. Congrats