Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

March Chat / All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:17 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
Good luck, I hope the weather guessers are wrong and it stays dry all weekend.
The NWS says we only have a 20% chance for most of the weekend, but we have had worse at BB, 2 years ago we sat around the Sat night campfire in the snow
Gotta work a couple of hours in the AM and then I'm outta here

Old 03-25-2011, 06:52 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This isn't exactly how I wanted to end my two weeks in KC. Some pond scum warmed over dog dropping off-spring of a dog stole my truck yesterday.

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - zhilton's Album: Garage - Pavement Princess - Picture

And to add insult to injury, the flashlight campus cop that responded to take my police report apparently thinks if your from Arkansas your a moron.

I doubt it will be anywhere in Ark...but if you happen to see it, AR plate: 842 MLH; please contact your local law enforcement. Who ever took it...I hope they suffer a slow painful rot in hell.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Will P.
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man that sucks!

Old 03-26-2011, 09:09 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
That does suck!

What were the circumstances around the theft? Any chance of cameras around somewhere?

Old 03-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
That really sucks.
I've got to go to Dallas on next Thursday for some special high intensity training myself. Glad I'm taking a company car.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:22 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tojoski
What were the circumstances around the theft? Any chance of cameras around somewhere?
No cameras, I've asked the flashlight cop several times. It was parked outside the building that housed the classrooms/simulators that I was in. Parked it at 0730, when I came back out at 1130 to head to lunch there was a Ponitac Sunfire sitting where I was parked. There wasn't any glass on the ground...so I think they shoved a Slim Jim down the side of the door. I keep hoping I'll get a call that it was found somewhere abandoned by a couple of "joyriding teenagers"...after 4 days I'm just about convinced it ended up at a chop shop.

To me, the hardest part about all of this is the shift in make of rides sitting in my driveway right now. The first of February, the only thing that wasn't a Ford was the scooter (Ford doesn't build motorcycles you know). Now the only Fords are the Explorer and Ranchero...and the Ranchero hasn't moved since shortly after "W" was elected the first time. All my local friends around town have been giving me a load of crap since an HHR (rental I came come from KC in) is sitting in my driveway.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:50 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
stole my truck yesterday.
Man that sucks bad Hope they find your Princess in better shape than it was taken, but after a day or two, that is unlikely

Old 03-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Do those HHR's suck as bad as the PT Cruiser I rented out in Cali one time did? I haven't driven them(the HHR)much, but they don't seem too bad.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:57 AM
bill henry
Senior User
zack, that is a bummer. you may have to go to impound lot to see if the truck is there. had one stolen in memphis, tenn. keep call the impound lot to see if they has it, keep saying no. went to the lot there it sit, ask atendence about my truck, said they did not have the truck and me looking at it.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:57 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
A week later and still no Pavement Princess...
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Man that sucks bad Hope they find your Princess in better shape than it was taken, but after a day or two, that is unlikely
Yeah, I've pretty much convinced myself that IF I see it again it won't be in a drivable condition. More likely than not just the cab & frame will be left. Got excited about 2 hours ago when the campus police detective called me. I thought he was calling to tell me they found the truck. Nope, just needing to fill in a couple of blanks on the police report that Barny Fife apparently didn't fill in.
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Do those HHR's suck as bad as the PT Cruiser I rented out in Cali one time did?
I can't compare the HHR to the PT...never been in a PT Cruiser, let alone drive one. But this '10 HHR is a POS. It's got that dam self adjusting radio that will adjust the volume relative to background road/engine noise. It's bad enough that every-time I turn the radio on it starts playing clown music (clown car)...I don't need it getting louder as I drive down the road. I know I'm used to a truck that you set the cruise on 68 mph (best mpg/time speed I've discovered) and it stayed there...reguardless of hills, and it never downshifted. Not this HHR, the stupid thing would struggle to mantain 70 mph on I540 between Fayetteville & Ft. Smith; and it downshifted two gears to get up Frog Bayou south of Moutainburg. I know I'm a big guy...but I don't weight that much. I wanted to swap it with something different at my local Enterprise...but all they had where three HHR on the lot.
Originally Posted by bill henry
zack, that is a bummer. you may have to go to impound lot to see if the truck is there. had one stolen in memphis, tenn. keep call the impound lot to see if they has it, keep saying no. went to the lot there it sit, ask atendence about my truck, said they did not have the truck and me looking at it.
I hope not, but I'll bring that up with my insurance adjuster. He told me last week when this all started they managed to recover a SD in February that was taken on New Year's. He said it was missing the bed, hood, grill, all four rims/tires and the radio. They left the drive train alone. Regardless what some folks say about the 6.0L; that's an expensive piece of hardware, not to mention the 5R110 that's behind it.