Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2011, 06:58 AM
New User

Silverlode is starting off with a positive reputation.
Diesel Tech in or near Frederick Maryland

I am out of warranty and need to find a better option (<$$$) than the dealership. Are there any local Ford techs that do side work, or good shops around that won't kill my wallet?

I have an 03 F-350 6.0. Had it since new and has less than 60K miles. A few months back I had the EGR valve and go pedal replaced at the dealer for more than $1300. 2nd EGR replacement by the way, which is pretty lame with my low miles I feel, and I don't think I should have had to pay for it, but I digress.

I am now getting a code P2285 and my truck is romping like mad at startup. ICP sensor is bad I assume.

SOTF 4X4 is not working either. The wheels lock up manually. The vacuum pump runs and I'm pretty sure the solenoid clicks when I flip the switch. I'm guessing the problem is in the wheels?

Thanks
<!-- / message -->
Old 03-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
4X4 prob is prob a leaking hose at one of the front wheels....pretty easy to visualize and repair yourself!

I had work done on my 05 6.0 at Apple Ford in Columbia and they did good work.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 03-01-2011, 10:14 AM
New User

Quote:
I had work done on my 05 6.0 at Apple Ford in Columbia and they did good work.
I have had work done at Frederick Motor Company (local dealer) and don't have any complaints about their work, I am just tired of paying dealer prices. They charge you $500 for a part I can get for $225 they probably get for $150. Then the shop time is at premium cost and you pay the flat book rate regardless of how much or little time something actually took to fix.

Additionally, God forbid they don't have your part in stock because you truck may just sit for two days until they get it.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
As I do a LOT of my own work, I don't worry about dealer costs too much. Been a DIY'er for so long, it's 2nd nature. Getting harder and harder tho with age and complexity of autos.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 04-05-2011, 04:45 AM
Post Fiend

Copedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant future
Did you get fixed?
Ian, 1 each (That's my nomenclature so don't wear it out) 97 F350 7.3L Auto 4WD Crew Cab 230K (Cali model bummer). MODS: HOOOOGA! horn, 6637, Service/Utility bed, 3" DP, Testing that Cat, 120v IDM. US ARMY OAS, OJE-IFOR, SFOR,2,5, OJG-KFOR, OIF, OEF. To ALL that have served, THANK YOU!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:26 AM
New User

ICP is fixed, haven't fixed the SOTF 4x4 issue yet though. Do you know of someone in the Frederick area for this and future diesel work?
Old 04-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Post Fiend

Copedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant future
I am going to respond in the 6.0 forum. Nothing against this forum at all! I just think you will get more help there. http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...-maryland.html
see you there!
Ian, 1 each (That's my nomenclature so don't wear it out) 97 F350 7.3L Auto 4WD Crew Cab 230K (Cali model bummer). MODS: HOOOOGA! horn, 6637, Service/Utility bed, 3" DP, Testing that Cat, 120v IDM. US ARMY OAS, OJE-IFOR, SFOR,2,5, OJG-KFOR, OIF, OEF. To ALL that have served, THANK YOU!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:36 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter