Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Nevada Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2011, 05:18 AM
Posting Guru

jarod17 has a very good reputation on FTE.jarod17 has a very good reputation on FTE.jarod17 has a very good reputation on FTE.jarod17 has a very good reputation on FTE.
March BS thread

Welcome to March Nevada. I finally got my Motorhome. Now to fix the roof, light wiring, and the vacuum lines. Any tips and tricks are appreciated.

Yea, I know it's a Chevy, But beggars can't be choosers.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2011, 05:33 AM
Posting Guru

jarod17 has a very good reputation on FTE.jarod17 has a very good reputation on FTE.jarod17 has a very good reputation on FTE.jarod17 has a very good reputation on FTE.
BTW, Sorry for the pic size. Haven't figured out how to resize before posting yet.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:26 AM
Hangin 10 bra

scottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud of
Good morning NV!
Its tuesday so have a great day!
Scott TN Chapter member and Official #21 Slackmaster!
2004 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L Diesel King Ranch FX4. Moonroof, heated seats, slider back window, 2005-07 Modified grill, headlights, blacked out windows, tinted cab lights, tinted mirror blinkers, wig wag, EGR Delete, cb with exterior speaker mount, 7" dvd/GPS radio.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:48 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Good Morning Nevada!

Happy New Month and Tuesday!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Post Fiend

kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.
Good Morning Nevada. Nice motorhome Jeff. As for the roof if it is metal I used & liked several coats of sno-seal.

Craig
Old 03-02-2011, 05:45 AM
Posting Guru

Good morning everyone. Thanks for that Craig. I will look onto some.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:30 AM
Hangin 10 bra

scottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud of
Good morning NV!
Rise and shine and coffee is brewin'
Hump day is upon us so have a great day!
Scott TN Chapter member and Official #21 Slackmaster!
2004 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L Diesel King Ranch FX4. Moonroof, heated seats, slider back window, 2005-07 Modified grill, headlights, blacked out windows, tinted cab lights, tinted mirror blinkers, wig wag, EGR Delete, cb with exterior speaker mount, 7" dvd/GPS radio.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Post Fiend

kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.
GOOD MORNING NEVADA. ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY IN PARADISE. Suppose to be close to to the 80s with more sunshine.
Jeff, The Sno Seal Brand is one of the best. True Value Hardware has a SNO something that I have used. But the can is in Nevada so I can't run out & give you the name. It runs around $25/gal. This summer I just did a comp roof on our cabin with it. The roof was getting thin (it is rolled roofing) & I believe I will get a lot more use out of it before I have to re roof. The stuff I bought was from True Value Hardware. An old business friend owns the hardware store & I bought what he recommended was the best for the money. If you give me a little time I will try to look up what I bought.
Craig.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Nevada Chapter LDR

67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation
Goodmorning everyone & Happy March!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Nevada Chapter LDR

67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation67 Olfthfl has a superb reputation
Congrats on the new motorhome! Glad you finally got it. : )
Old 03-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Post Fiend

GOOD AFTERNOON NEVADA.

Jeff, I used a product called "SNOW ROOF". I was real happy with it. It is fairly thick & seals real well. You can go to home to find a retailer near you. What I have done on trailer roofs is wash them real good in the case of a small roof like your dealing with wipe it down with lacquer thinner then roll it on with a roller that has a pretty thick nap. Just be sure with the thinner you have all pilot lights OUT etc. It goes on a light blue & with in a few days to a week it turns pure white as it drys. Again I have used this on my old TT that had a metal roof. To figure how much you need I used about 7 gallons to cover about 350 sq ft. That was applying it right out of the can & pretty think. It is flexible so it will give some. But it also cuts down on heat in the summer. That is my ten cents on the roof.

Craig
Old 03-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Post Fiend

GOOD AFTERNOON NEVADA.

Jeff, I used a product called "SNOW ROOF". I was real happy with it. It is fairly thick & seals real well. You can go to home to find a retailer near you. What I have done on trailer roofs is wash them real good in the case of a small roof like your dealing with wipe it down with lacquer thinner then roll it on with a roller that has a pretty thick nap. Just be sure with the thinner you have all pilot lights OUT etc. It goes on a light blue & with in a few days to a week it turns pure white as it drys. Again I have used this on my old TT that had a metal roof. To figure how much you need I used about 7 gallons to cover about 350 sq ft. That was applying it right out of the can & pretty think. It is flexible so it will give some. But it also cuts down on heat in the summer. That is my ten cents on the roof.

Craig
Old 03-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Posting Guru

Thanks for the info Craig. I found some in SLC and I am thinking two gallons should do the trick. I will have to measure the roof to be more precise. I may get an extra gallon anyway though. I will have to see if the local hardware store has some. If not I will have to wait until the 20th when I will be in SLC.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Postmaster

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
Cool rig Jeff!

What's up with the light wiring?

Where you gonna travel to first?
Old 03-02-2011, 10:14 PM