Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Where to buy Diapco return line kits?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 03:29 PM
johneich
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to buy Diapco return line kits?

I have heard these are the best and cost just around $25.00, anyone know where to buy them?

Old 02-28-2011, 03:40 PM
BlueOvalBud
Posting Guru
Midwest Fuel Injection: 6.9 Ford Diesel parts Fuel Injection Turbocharger I'm lucky, they have a branch shop located 1 town over from me...so I go there in person and get the kit for about $43. This kit has viton O-rings, I called Dipaco myself.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:41 PM
BlueOvalBud
Posting Guru
Old 02-28-2011, 03:43 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by johneich
I have heard these are the best and cost just around $25.00, anyone know where to buy them?
7.3l:
diapco injector install kit - DPE73120

#DIPDPE73120
Injector Kit (all parts to install all 8 inj) Includes: Copper tip gaskets for injectors (8)
2 orings for the top of each injector (16 total)
Plastic caps for the return lines for the top of each injector (8 total)
Hose to go between each plastic cap
Clamps for above hose
7.3 L Navistar Diesel Fuel Injectors Fuel Pumps &* Accessories

6.9l:
83-87 Injector Kit (all parts needed to install all 8 inj) #DIPDPE69120

Navistar 6.9 L Diesel Fuel Injectors Fuel Pumps Accessories

where did you hear that these are the best?
i may try 'em this time.
i was gunna try Delphi this time:
http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-7135-27...d=GWSVK841CWH3

i had poor results with pensacola's kits.whatever brand those are.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:02 PM
johneich
New User
This quote from FTE by ponefiddy

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...-fittings.html

Is where I read it, can't find where to buy at that price, his the the third response

Old 02-28-2011, 04:17 PM
tecgod13
Logistics Pro
Received 119 Likes on 100 Posts
Check the style you have on your truck before buying. 6.9 and early 7.3 trucks used smaller return lines (3/16") and had the nipples in-line with the caps. Later 7.3 trucks used larger fuel line (1/4") and offset nipples.

Its NOT a clear cut 6.9 vs 7.3 change like most people think! Both of the '88 engines I have are 7.3's with the 6.9 style return lines. The changeover was closer to '92, but I'm not positive on that date.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:36 PM
mlouritt
Junior User
Accurate Diesel sells them for 32.95. Part #DPE73100. I bought mine on E-Bay

Old 03-14-2011, 12:23 AM
The_Josh_Bear
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Excellent find!

I have one of the most common sets, with the barbed male ends, but IMO they are total crap.
When I broke one and went to Ford to get a single replacement, they looked just like the style pictured; they are a smooth shaft with just a smooth bulb at the end for a nice, clean, tight seal.

The barbed style is a poorly made plastic mold with seams all over the place. I am suprised anyone has ever had good success with them. I certainly haven't.
Only reason I didn't buy the set from Ford was that they were $8 apiece and no discount if you buy the set! Wow.

Also, the original line size doesn't matter too much since if you have to replace your tee's you should spend the 10 bucks on 3 feet of fuel hose and have all new lines run anyway.

Hope this helps,
-Joshua

Old 03-14-2011, 02:15 AM
TourqueRise
Senior User
I used those offset return line kit from dipaco and had more air leaks then with my original caps. I park on a steep driveway and after I put the new return line caps, lines and o rings on I had fuel drain back issues. I put my old caps back on with the new o rings/ lines and the problem went away. The fit is much looser on the dipaco compared to stockers. I could actually hear air vacuum if I tilted the cap when installed. I also noticed that the originals needed a pry with a screwdriver to get off the injector while the new ones came off easy by hand. Just my experience.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:52 PM
tecgod13
Logistics Pro
Received 119 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by The_Josh_Bear
Also, the original line size doesn't matter too much since if you have to replace your tee's you should spend the 10 bucks on 3 feet of fuel hose and have all new lines run anyway.

Hope this helps,
-Joshua
The original line size does matter!
Its not from injector to injector that makes a difference, its where it connects to the rest of the fuel system, on the fuel filter, and the metal return line at the back of the engine. Thats the size that you need to match!

I'll throw in my thoughts, if the plastic cap isn't cracked or deformed, reuse them and just replace the o-rings and hose for a lot cheaper then the whole kit.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:00 PM
The_Josh_Bear
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The fit is much looser on the dipaco compared to stockers.
Well that's dissapointing. Here I thought we were finally on to something with a similar-to-stock smooth-shafted tee. Oh well.

Its not from injector to injector that makes a difference, its where it connects to the rest of the fuel system, on the fuel filter, and the metal return line at the back of the engine. Thats the size that you need to match!
Yeah that's true, I actually ran into that issue with my 89. Turns out most suppliers don't seem to know the difference and I got mine for the 1/4inch hose so when I went to plug it into the fuel filter and from the IP it was... interesting. I ended up using hose clamps and hose that fit the smaller diameter, but just stretched it to fit onto the larger tee. It's no fun trying to take it back off!!! haha
And I would agree that if you have originals try to re-use them.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:21 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
i was gunna try Delphi this time:
Amazon.com: Delphi 7135-276 Injector Installation Kit: Automotive

i had poor results with pensacola's kits.whatever brand those are.
i just installed this kit today,and its loads better than those two kits i got from pensacola.
i noticed they included real fuel hose with this one! not that braided type stuff that kept leaking on me.
the same hose i ran from and too my fuel tanks.
diesel rated goodyear SAE 30R7.
http://www.goodyearep.com/productsdetail.aspx?id=10526
i was pleased to see that.
too bad it didn't included Viton o-rings or it would be perfect.i tossed the standard ones and went with Viton again as my last Vitons were the only part that didn't leak.
anyway.looks like a decent affordable kit.
these are sold at oreilly's too.make sure to get the correct kit.year specific for your truck.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:10 PM
kenny.nvb
New User
Hey, dealt with parts stores and ended up wasting a bunch of money and time. Lordco (Canada) tried selling me the Dipaco kit. Looked awful so I sent it back.

Went on amazon.com and ordered the Delphi kit in about 2 minutes with viton o-rings for an extra couple bucks. Cost 1/3 what I paid for the NAPA kit. Shipping was even quicker!

'MERICA. **** YA

Old 04-12-2014, 08:14 PM
cornerbox
New User
GB Remanufacturing

All very good info above, thank you. I have been reading many of your posts for the last year.

I just wanted to add that I recently purchased and Return line kit for my 6.9 from Rock Auto for $40. The kit is made by GB Remanufacturing. The return line caps were a very loose fit and leaked when I blew into the hoses. I did use vaseline (Actually it was triple antibiotic ointment). I barely had to place any pressure on them to bottom them out. There was no real "snap" when I pushed them on. The old caps fit much more snug, but one is broken o I would like to get a new set. In addition, the braided hose was very difficult to work with (maybe it always is). Either way I ordered a different kit from Accurate diesel. We'll see how that goes.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:49 PM
rwelli1001
Junior User
I do not believe this thread. Yesterday I discovered I had broke the Tee fitting for the injector in front on Passenger side. So today while at work my dad made a trip out to the local International dealer to get these parts. None in stock and $8.00 each ordered. Dad tried a Freight liner dealer as well, no luck. So I get on here where I should have to begin with tonight and almost at the top of the list for todays entry's I find this thread. There is a GOD. And he must like the IDI

94 F250 XLT 7.3L Turbo 4X4 extended cab 8' bed 5 speed stick. 215k miles

Last edited by rwelli1001; 04-12-2014 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Add the last line

Quick Reply: Where to buy Diapco return line kits?