Where to buy Diapco return line kits? - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L)

Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Where to buy Diapco return line kits?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Post Fiend

FORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT View Post
i just installed this kit today,and its loads better than those two kits i got from pensacola.
i noticed they included real fuel hose with this one! not that braided type stuff that kept leaking on me.
the same hose i ran from and too my fuel tanks.
diesel rated goodyear SAE 30R7.
Fuel Line/PCV/Emission Control Hose SAE 30R7 | GoodyearŽ Engineered Products
i was pleased to see that.
too bad it didn't included Viton o-rings or it would be perfect.i tossed the standard ones and went with Viton again as my last Vitons were the only part that didn't leak.
anyway.looks like a decent affordable kit.
these are sold at oreilly's too.make sure to get the correct kit.year specific for your truck.
^ still leak free.i did replace it again due to installing a set of new g code injectors.i used the same kit,and just as issue free as the first one.

Viton O-Ring, 75A Durometer, Round, Brown: O Ring Seals: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific Viton O-Ring, 75A Durometer, Round, Brown: O Ring Seals: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

^ enter dash size: 111 - check it - then hit apply.
111 7/16" 5/8" 3/32" 0.424" 0.63" 0.103" 50

this is the one for the older idi's
Amazon.com: Delphi 7135-264 Fuel Injector Installation Kit: Automotive Amazon.com: Delphi 7135-264 Fuel Injector Installation Kit: Automotive

under 40 bucks for years of no leaks.nothing wrong with that.

Log Truck: '93 F-Super Duty (F450) XLT Navistar 444ci IDI Diesel w/ Intercooled Banks Sidewinder Turbo,E4OD,5:13,Dually,16' Dump & Auto Crane.
The Toy: '68 T-bird Coupe 429TJ,C6,2:80
Old 11-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Freshman User

transmogrifiednow is starting off with a positive reputation.
Perfect

This thread is perfect for those like me who are going to do their first fuel return line swap. A lot of those old links don't work anymore, but the amazon ones for the Delphi still work. Just ordered it and some viton o-rings so I can quit leaking fuel. Not sure if I should drive it like this though. I reckon that a return line leak isn't life-threatening, right? Diesel running over the top of the engine and down by the flywheel shouldn't cause any fires or anything, right? Diesel being not as volatile as gas?
Custom aluminum push guards, Nitto Terra Grapplers. 90k miles.Needs a paint job.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:51 AM
Elder User

typefour is starting off with a positive reputation.
I stock dipaco always and supply viton orings and new olives with each kit.
91 f 350 cc 4x4, 3:55 gears. zf 5, 7.3 ATS 093 with bigger comp wheel, intercooled with cutdown 7,3 ps IC all gauges ignored with good aftermarket ones. Head studs, balanced . 12 psi 1k pyro under load way better mileage than the 460.

218/461 on the dyno. after 80k miles, wanted to make sure she was broke in.
sandeater1@gmail.com
Old 11-05-2015, 08:09 AM
Freshman User

Already bought the kit from Amazon. They don't sell olives though. Can you sell olives by themselves?
Custom aluminum push guards, Nitto Terra Grapplers. 90k miles.Needs a paint job.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:59 AM
Senior User

GreenMtnMan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Here's a tip from a novice mechanic: when you put the new O rings on the injectors, put the top one on first, the bottom one will go over it to where it has to be. I've had my return lines on now for almost ten years. I keep thinking I should replace them now, but I don't want to mess with a good thing! When you work under the hood be careful not to bump any of the components.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:52 PM
Freshman User

Thx

I just did them and I discovered that trick too. It would be really hard to try and get that o-ring all the way down. Much easier to do the top one first! Now, on to the freakin' fuel filter leak that just showed up! Dadgummit! Hopefully its just an oring and I don't have to plug it or buy the rip off new one. $145 for a small metal plate mated to a plastic receptacle? There has to be a cheaper way to sell those.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:55 AM
Post Fiend

bashby is a name known to allbashby is a name known to allbashby is a name known to allbashby is a name known to allbashby is a name known to allbashby is a name known to all
Are you talking about fhe fuel heater on top of the filter head leaking? The heater is worthless. A lot of us have removed it and replaced it with a 1/4"npt plug. You need to remove the heater and tap the hole. You can also just replace the o rings.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:07 PM
Elder User

typefour is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by transmogrifiednow View Post
Already bought the kit from Amazon. They don't sell olives though. Can you sell olives by themselves?
Yes I do. I will be gone this coming week though.
91 f 350 cc 4x4, 3:55 gears. zf 5, 7.3 ATS 093 with bigger comp wheel, intercooled with cutdown 7,3 ps IC all gauges ignored with good aftermarket ones. Head studs, balanced . 12 psi 1k pyro under load way better mileage than the 460.

218/461 on the dyno. after 80k miles, wanted to make sure she was broke in.
sandeater1@gmail.com
Old 11-08-2015, 05:24 PM
Post Fiend

bashby is a name known to allbashby is a name known to allbashby is a name known to allbashby is a name known to allbashby is a name known to allbashby is a name known to all
I got olives at an International dealer. They had them in stock.
The guy had no idea what I meant when I asked for olives for a 7.3
But was able to look them up.