NITE Edition Info and Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 07:11 PM
hiroller
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been looking at the detail in the stripe, pretty cool how they came up with such detail in 92, That must have been some heavy computer work back then.

I'll never part with my truck, my kids will have to fight over it when I'm gone.

I don't know why I never have got more interested in it and sometimes I wish I had took more steps to better preserve it. It sits outside alot due to being short on covered parking around my house. I'm working on buying the lot next to me and if I get it, I'll build a nice garage to store it in. My lot is just to small to add on to.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 PM
92 Black Nite
Senior User
Hiroller,
Are you going to be able to get your friends at 3M do the decals and stripes. If yes let me know. I would like to see them. I can get you some photos of my originals if you can not find any . '92

Old 11-12-2012, 09:19 PM
hiroller
New User
Well it's going to be a slow process, I am getting some exact measurements and close details on the fade from each color. I think my passenger side will be good enough to get the pictures from. It's in pretty good shape.

The 3M process is very slow when it comes to favors, unless you work directly in that division. I'm pretty detached from any of the automotive stuff.

Good info on yours would be to measure each section and to note the fade design. I know yours has an extra section for the extended cab.

Mine has all blue on the front fender, blue on the door that has the black diamonds starting to fade in, the edge of the cab has a small strip, and the bed changes fom blue to purple and crosses over from purple diamonds to blue diamonds then to solid purple. The script logo's are pretty easy on the bed sides.

I do need the measurements for the tailgate logo. Mine was toast several years ago.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:34 PM
92 Black Nite
Senior User
I will get the measurements tomorrow or Thursday. I know I had one set made the exact length and another set made 1" longer. I did that because if you look at the beginning of the fender stripe it's on an angle and the rear bed stripe has a sort of curved angle. The stripes I had made came with square ends. I would rather have a little more and trim the end's. Just an FYI

Old 11-16-2012, 07:32 PM
hiroller
New User
I did some work on my truck today and was noticing how the stripe has a flip flop effect, the bed portion, up by the cab will turn purple to blue, viewing from the front to the back, about half way down. The opposite from viewing back to front. I think this must be a two layered reflective graphic design that may be hard to duplicate !!!!!

Old 12-05-2012, 10:35 AM
92 Black Nite
Senior User
One Nice NITE

One Nice NITE for sale . Only 50,000 original miles ,,,,,,,,,,Unbelievable condition !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford : Bronco XLT Nite in Ford | eBay Motors

see all other pics at e-b

auction is at $9400.00

Old 12-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Charlie Peifer
New User
I'm in the process of rebuilding a 1991 Ford night. 302 5-spd Short bed Red interior and pink stripe. I have recently found a set of oem flooor mats. I need stripes. I found a tailgate decal. I also have a set of bed decals but they are blue. If anyone has pink and wants to trade or knows a place to buy them or have them made let me know. I have gathered up most of the parts and plan to start this project in the spring.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:27 PM
hiroller
New User
I would be interested in buying the blue decals for my truck, I am also working on having some made to original specs.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:26 PM
hiroller
New User
I love it !!! I find the rear quarter stickers looking like they have been replaced, Mine does not have the white outline, It could be the pic tho ??

Originally Posted by 92 Black Nite
One Nice NITE for sale . Only 50,000 original miles ,,,,,,,,,,Unbelievable condition !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford : Bronco XLT Nite in Ford | eBay Motors

see all other pics at e-b

auction is at $9400.00

Old 05-13-2013, 11:24 PM
cpeifer3
New User
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-92-Ford-NITE-red-floor-mats-and-Decals-OEM-flareside-f150-truck-lightning-/290915980165?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43bbf19385&vxp=mtr

Old 06-15-2013, 08:29 PM
hiroller
New User
I 've been doing to mods to the old girl, Just finished up my core support replacement, installed my poly cab mounts, Now working on the Belltech lowering kit install. Ripped into the I-beams today, all went well until I got to the "big bolt" that goes thru the beam and the radius arm. I will take it completely off tomorrow and put it in my press to get it separated.

No good luck on the stripe kit fab, I did find a lead on the net for some place in Arizona that make replica decals and stripes, I need to send an e-mail to the guys and see what they say.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:32 PM
brcrk
Senior User
Exclamation

Originally Posted by hiroller
I 've been doing to mods to the old girl, Just finished up my core support replacement, installed my poly cab mounts, Now working on the Belltech lowering kit install. Ripped into the I-beams today, all went well until I got to the "big bolt" that goes thru the beam and the radius arm. I will take it completely off tomorrow and put it in my press to get it separated.

No good luck on the stripe kit fab, I did find a lead on the net for some place in Arizona that make replica decals and stripes, I need to send an e-mail to the guys and see what they say.
There is this company in my town that can recreate any logo that you need. I haven't asked them about recreating the logo's on my "nite" but I have asked them about recreating the "NASCAR" bed logo's on my "NASCAR" truck and they said it wouldn't be a problem. I dont know if you know what they look like but the are black and white checkered spripe about 4-5" in width that looks like a checkered flag that goes from solid to a transparency. I figure if they could make that they could make ust about anything.

I haven't decided if I want to put the decal on my truck yet for the same reason I have not put the replica logo's on my "nite". I sort of like the look of being different. The only thing left on my "nite" that one could tell that it still is a truly a "nite" is well for one its black color from front to back but I wanted to keep the "nite" decal on the dash.

If you would like I could talk to them and ask them if they could reproduce the decals and if so how much. They are VERY reasonable price and they are a mom and pop shop so they are very reputable and are very responsible and very reasonable when it comes to price. They have done a lot of decal on our "late model" race cars and they do very good work.

Hope this helps

Tim

Old 07-04-2013, 12:07 PM
92 Black Nite
Senior User
A friend wanted to know where he could find a Used Chevy Truck So I showed him

I had these made by a sign shop. I was very happy with them. You can get them made by any good shop.

Here is another set I had done

Old 01-20-2014, 08:48 PM
cpeifer3
New User
Old 07-26-2014, 10:13 PM
hiroller
New User
Slowly I turned, inch by inch, step by step,

I'm gettin'er done. Working on the rear valance now.

Quick Reply: NITE Edition Info and Roll Call