NITE Edition Info and Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 07:57 PM
brcrk
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jsalveson
Yeah I was hoping for a little more response. I did see a stepside NITE in town the other day. I was in decent shape. I was surprised.
Thats because you will find more Duesenbergs than "nites"....they just do not exist anylonger....but I am glad to find a fellow Nite owner!!

Old 12-17-2011, 08:56 PM
jsalveson
Junior User
brcrk tell us about yours
looks to be in good shape.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:53 PM
brcrk
Senior User
brcrk tell us about yours
looks to be in good shape.
Well, my brother bought the truck when he graduated High School and I bought it from him 2 years later. I had it sitting in my yard for many years not driving it because I owned a construction business with 3 F250's, and my daily driver was a little Toyota truck....hold on.... (sign of the times...I am not used to typing on a keyboard...use to my BlackBerry...LOL) anyway when I got divorced and my ex got half of my business (and trucks) I done a little research on the "nite" and found out how they are far and few between (hell I seen a new one (in the area) in town the other day and had to turn around and tell the guy what he had just purchased!!!!)Anyway....I had a accident where a house ran up behind me and knocked down one of it's wall just so it could meet my bumper(and my Rotty....who I found in the fireplace) (I thought I had it in 1st gear at my shop..it rolled down the hill, thru the ditch, across the yard...thru their house, into their back fireplace....scared the hell out of my rottweiler...LOL) anyway no "nite" stickers to find asap...so i just painted it as you see it.......

That's my story......let me here your's...LOL

Thanks for contacting me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim

Old 12-18-2011, 12:33 PM
jsalveson
Junior User
Well your a lucky guy that is one sweet truck! Glad your rott was ok too!

Mine I came across right after I wrecked my 89 F150 w/6" lift and 37" tires on 17" Champion Beadlocks. I totalled that truck so I was looking for another one to put my lift and stuff on. I bought it as a running truck with just over 120K miles on it. It needs some TLC and I just recently burned up the tranny (got a C6 yesterday at pick a part for $5.) I am getting ready to do a bunch of work to it. I have started this thread to show progress:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ite-rider.html

My plan is for it to eventually be an offroad MACHINE.

I guess I am pretty fortunate where I am at because there are 3 or 4 of them running around my town. I just saw this one in the walmart parking lot the other day and of course I had to park my in front of it. This one is in great shape:

Old 01-12-2012, 07:55 PM
froggerfarm
New User
glad to find other NITE owners -bought mine new in 91 and still own it. 120,000 miles.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:19 PM
brcrk
Senior User
Well your a lucky guy that is one sweet truck! Glad your rott was ok too!

Mine I came across right after I wrecked my 89 F150 w/6" lift and 37" tires on 17" Champion Beadlocks. I totalled that truck so I was looking for another one to put my lift and stuff on. I bought it as a running truck with just over 120K miles on it. It needs some TLC and I just recently burned up the tranny (got a C6 yesterday at pick a part for $5.) I am getting ready to do a bunch of work to it. I have started this thread to show progress:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ite-rider.html

My plan is for it to eventually be an offroad MACHINE.

I guess I am pretty fortunate where I am at because there are 3 or 4 of them running around my town. I just saw this one in the walmart parking lot the other day and of course I had to park my in front of it. This one is in great shape:

I just seen another....it met me coming down my road on my way to work the other morning (4x w/ purple stripes and every thing)...he was just a waving....evidently he knew me or my truck by the way he met me coming down the road....havent seen him since.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:12 AM
NiteEditionF150
Freshman User
I have a 91 Nite Edition 2x4 with a 302 and a red interior. I made another thread about it. I am looking for the decals, floor mats, steering wheel cover. and dash insert.(Somebody stole them out of the truck, and the truck didn't come with Decals, and before you say its not a "Nite Edition" it says so on the title")
I got it for an early graduation present from my dad. He paid $1,000 for it. No rust, or anything. Just the bed was scratched to hell.
Please get back to me. My other thread is in the my other thread is in the 87-96 thread if anybody wants to check it out.

The only rust mine really has is undercarriage rust from driving up in IA. Hopefully either buying an black undercoat, or using roofing tar on the bottom. Not a spec of rust ANYWHERE on the surface on the truck.

Edit: Thread link to my questions: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post11500385

Old 02-28-2012, 09:27 AM
92 Black Nite
Senior User
Congrats on your new Nite. You can get the Logo's & Stripes made. These are mine I had made.

[img]https://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w253/Teem_Coil/truck004.jpg[/img

[/quote]BI live in PA. My son just moved back after living in Council Bluffs . Good Luck with your,,,,,,, NITE

Old 02-28-2012, 06:08 PM
NiteEditionF150
Freshman User
Thanks. Council Bluffs, IA?

Also is yours 4x4?

Edit:

Also, does anybody have an estimate on all the mods I'd like to make to my truck?

Old 02-28-2012, 07:46 PM
92 Black Nite
Senior User
Yes,,,, Council Bluffs, IA?
Mine is a 4x4 Ext.Cab Long bed with 31's.

Cost of Mod's depends on who you know and what you want. They say the sky's the limit, Kinda like gas prices. Best to Ya '92

Old 02-29-2012, 02:04 PM
NiteEditionF150
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 92 Black Nite
Mine is a 4x4 Ext.Cab Long bed with 31's.

Cost of Mod's depends on who you know and what you want. They say the sky's the limit, Kinda like gas prices. Best to Ya '92

Thanks! And I called around to local shops. Itll be anywhere from 1,500 to 3,000 depending on how well the truck cooperates with them to add 4x4. And since I'd have to get a new drive train, I'm going to get the new engine then anyway.

How much did you decals cost to have custom made?

Old 02-29-2012, 04:00 PM
92 Black Nite
Senior User
The one small Tailgate NITE logo $25, The two bedside NITE logos $45 each "Exact Reproductions". The stripes for my front fenders , doors & ext. cab Then the 8ft bed $45 ea . All made from 3M Graphic Vinyl. The logos are Exact OEM reproductions. The stripes are an exact color match with blue to purple

Old 03-01-2012, 02:57 PM
NiteEditionF150
Freshman User
Alright. Mine just is straight red(I have the scarlet interior). Only I get the undercoating done, Ill look into getting some made. Thanks for the info. My pinstripes fade off in a few places.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:57 AM
brcrk
Senior User
Originally Posted by NiteEditionF150
Alright. Mine just is straight red(I have the scarlet interior). Only I get the undercoating done, Ill look into getting some made. Thanks for the info. My pinstripes fade off in a few places.
Thats OK...mine is just BLACK...just BLACK...just the way it should have been. Just like the way they make the Lightning...I love when they come out with the Red. I am in the process of taking off all the lettering and molding and painting it black satin (Hot Rod Black).

Old 03-03-2012, 04:42 PM
NiteEditionF150
Freshman User
Originally Posted by brcrk
Thats OK...mine is just BLACK...just BLACK...just the way it should have been. Just like the way they make the Lightning...I love when they come out with the Red. I am in the process of taking off all the lettering and molding and painting it black satin (Hot Rod Black).

yeah, But you're is a sick truck. I have a 302 2wd Haha. My truck wants to be your truck when it grows up.

Quick Reply: NITE Edition Info and Roll Call