6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Android Torque App

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 08:08 AM
sethjamto
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Android Torque App

Has anyone checked out this app in the Android market? Seems pretty friggin cool! Just buy a bluetooth OBDII adaptor and you are good to go! The adaptors can be found CHEAP on eBay for the Chinese ones, or you can spend up to $50-$150 for a better quality one.

If you have an Android phone, check it out! I downloaded it, but just need to get the bluetooth OBDII adapter.

Here is the website: Torque — OBD2 Performance and Diagnostics for your Vehicle

Here is the paid version, but they also have a free one too!

Old 02-26-2011, 10:32 AM
TonyPark33
New User
Wow that dose look cool do they have an app for the I phone? what is an obdII adapter? do you hook it up where you would the scan tools?

Old 02-26-2011, 01:21 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good looking...
but just got a scangauge II to do a lot of that

maybe we should add it to the end of this thread too:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...roid-apps.html

Old 02-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Chemfrk
Freshman User
All,

I downloaded this app and have been screwing around with it for a few days. (minus the bluetooth OBDII).

So far the app looks very promising, here is a quick look at some of the features:
Customizable Dashboards
Accelerometer, etc... read more below.
Trans Temp
ECT monitor
Fuel Pressure Monitor

I have asked the program developer to include a EOT monitor to go along with the ECT monitor and possibly provide an alarm if the two are more than say 15 Deg apart during normal operating temps. (or make this user adjustable)

So far all the feedback from other users, to include Diesel owners has been nothing but positive.

Description

See what your car is doing!! Torque is a vehicle / car performance / diagnostics tool that uses Bluetooth ELM/OBD/PLX adapters to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU It can use the GPS to provide tracker logs with engine logging so you can see what you were doing at any point in time It can also show and reset a DTC / fault code like a scantool. It also has: * Dyno / Dynomometer and Horsepower/HP * 0-60 timings - see how fast your car is (or truck ) * Massive fault code database for allowing lookup of fault codes from many different manufacturers * Send logging information to web or email CSV/KML for analysis via excel / openoffice * Heads up display / HUD * GPS Speedo/Tracking - see what you were doing and your engine, at a point in time * Turbo boost feature for vehicles that support MAP sensors * Alarms (for example if your coolant temperature goes over 120C!) Works on any vehicle that supports the OBD2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000 (diesels after 2004) but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996) - if in doubt check with your manufacturer first or look for 'OBD2' on written on a big white label in your engine bay Has been reported to work on vehicles made by Ford, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Daewoo, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/less features than others. The app needs a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter to work. The adapter is small and plugs into the diagnostics socket on the car which gives your phone access. You can find a list of adapters on: Bluetooth Adapters - TorqueWiki (Garmin EcoRoute HD adapters not supported). If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 bluetooth adapters from ebay/amazon, then make sure you have a good returns policy with the seller as quite a few of the cheap units are defective and 'stop working'/etc. Some of the best reliable OBD2 adapters are the Scantool.net adapter, the OBDKey adapter, and PLX Devices Kiwi Bluetooth - search on google for where to get them! More features added every release - there are forums at Torque — OBD2 Performance and Diagnostics for your Vehicle - if you want something added then let me know and I'll try to add it if it is possible! Recent changes: Bugfixes: * Big increase in PID read speed when you have ‘fast mode’ ticked in the settings with compatible adapters * Made the dial needle semi-transparent so you can see the any obscured information * Added a VIN & max PIDs/second read speed into the status activity If you have one of the cheap ebay adapters, and are having problems then check the "Adapter Status Activity" and the "Error Rate" for the adapter. Also turn off "fast mode" in the settings and restart the app.

Last edited by Chemfrk; 02-28-2011 at 08:47 AM. Reason: update info
Old 02-28-2011, 08:41 AM
Rob.D
Elder User
Do they have an app for Ipone? I have the 3gs. Looks like good stuff

Old 02-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Chemfrk
Freshman User
It appears that IPhone does have an app, (not sure of price)

there are some good reviews online.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Rob.D
Elder User
No app listed through Apple. Dont' see anything on there site for apple either. There is not a fuel pressure sensor through the OBDII port on on the 6.0 vehicles. I have a Spartan Phalanx that I still need to hard wire a sensor in for that input.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Chemfrk
Freshman User
Rob D,

Thanks for the reminder,

JDADAMSJR-

As far as the IPhone App, there is one listed on some of the Google searches I did,...
I am not an IPhone user, nor an I familiar with the apps that are available.

It also appears to work for the ipod touch...

Look for the REV app...

I found this...

REV App Turns iPhone Into Performance Driving and OBDII Diagnostics Tool

Last edited by Chemfrk; 02-28-2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: info
Old 02-28-2011, 05:44 PM
js139
Senior User
that is pretty awesome. I am downloading this thing right now! Thanks for the tip!

Old 02-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Bombdog1
New User
I have been using torque on my Droid 1 for about 4 or 5 months. I have the paid version and the cheap ebay obd2 bluetooth scanner. This program rocks and has already paid for itself. I reset the check engine light in my wifes Pontiac Vibe when she got a tank of bad gas. It also saved my neighbor some money when his check engine light went on and I was able to read the trouble code and find it was a plug under the driver seat that came unplugged when he shoved something under it. Plugged it back in and reset the light from my phone. I use it while driving my F250 also and got the alternator replaced under warranty because it started showing only 11 and 12 volts while driving. The thing rocks and monitors just about everything on the truck. It also does all the speed tests---9.6 second 0-60mph stock. Not bad.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Chemfrk
Freshman User
I am currently learning more about the app and customizing my dashboards as I go.

I have ordered the middle of the road OBDII Bluetooth after doing a bunch of research,

I chose one off amazon, XiTech XR7 for $49.00

it is the updated version of the original XiTech which had a ton of good reviews.

***** Warning******Warning*******Warning*******

The one drawback I have read over and over is that the software that comes with the OBDII Connector is pretty worthless and comes complete with a TROJAN.....

most people just throw away the software as everything you need is on the Torque App.

NOTE... the Bluetooth reader is independent of the App and does not have any reported viruses, etc...

Note... There is no user guide that comes with the sub hundred dollar units, to include the Sync/Pairing code... basicially, from everything I have read you don't need one, it is pretty simple.

The Sync/Pairing code is... 1234

Old 02-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Chemfrk
Freshman User
Here is a link from the developer with some good info if you poke around a bit.

TorqueWiki

Old 03-15-2011, 09:14 PM
excursiondude
Senior User
Love this App had it for a few weeks now

Old 03-16-2011, 06:58 AM
pjerrn
Senior User
Can you get the EOT to display? what was the equation that got this to work? i tried

((((a*256)+b)/100)-40)*(9/5)+32

this was taken from the torque forums and does not seem to give me any good data. I cannot get the trans oil temp to work either.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:03 PM
JESTERxHEAD
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pjerrn
Can you get the EOT to display? what was the equation that got this to work? i tried

((((a*256)+b)/100)-40)*(9/5)+32

this was taken from the torque forums and does not seem to give me any good data. I cannot get the trans oil temp to work either.

That equation should work on anything later than version 1.4.66
before A is b and b is c in order to read correct.

I have been trying to get the Trans temp to work for a month now. I finally got a value now I need to figure out the equation.

I have more extended pids figured out which ones do ya want?

Quick Reply: Android Torque App