Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Junior User

Bigfoot46555 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not to jinx it, but we've made it down to $3.29 in northern Indiana. I've even seen one station that if you use cash and not credit, it was $3.24 a gallon. Now... SSSSShhhhhh... they're going to hear us and raise it again!
Old 09-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Post Fiend

EXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot46555 View Post
Not to jinx it, but we've made it down to $3.29 in northern Indiana. I've even seen one station that if you use cash and not credit, it was $3.24 a gallon. Now... SSSSShhhhhh... they're going to hear us and raise it again!
Nah, if they are feeling greedy when they wake up they will raise it.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Senior User

Limoguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Filled up in Mansfield,TX this wk foe $301.9 at Wallmart, I heard om news today Some places are at $2.99.9
Old 09-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Senior User

xplodn is starting off with a positive reputation.
$3.17 at Costco in Phoenix today
Old 09-26-2013, 11:57 PM
Senior User

GermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to behold
You all are so lucky.......
We operate here in Germany around 1.70€ per Liter Gas and about 1.45€ per Lliter Diesel.
So one gallon are 3.79 Liters : 6.44€/Gallon that are $8.68/gal for Normal Gas
Our government takes about a total 68% Taxes on each Liter. Actually those 68% are 3 different taxes. Its really unbelievable.
Imagine YOU have to pay $8.70 per Gallon!
One Excursion fillup equals about $380.
Any questions???

So you know now, why I feel like an alien at the gasstation, because they look at me or my wife paying these bills like we are total nuts and insane.
Im pretty sure that we stay the only owner of an Excursion in future in a circle of 100 mls.
BTW.... Im a bluecollar guy.....not a Billionair

So, keep your head high....it could be much more worse than those ridiculous cheap prices in the US.
4x4, V10 Wedgewood Met.,Y-Pipe,Stainless Headers, Custom Catback,K&N CAI,33"x16" OEM,Blacked Out Taillights,NFab Nerfbars,HeadUp Display, 24"/23"/18"Wiper Mod,Increased 2nd row Legroom,Fumoto Valve,EBC Dimpled/Slotted w. Yellow St. F/R,SS-Teflon Brake Lines 6"Lift(ProComp/Bilstein5100), WIY HeadacheRack
Old 09-27-2013, 12:15 AM
Senior User

MURDOMINO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I just filled up along the California coast in Pismo Beach, 4.59/gallon. luckily its in my explorer so only took 88 bucks, but still didnt even last me the day getting back home to Los Angeles from Paso Robles
1972 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow, 6.75L v8 32k miles!
1971 Ford F250, 360 V8 64k original miles.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:55 AM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanMike View Post
You all are so lucky.......

So, keep your head high....it could be much more worse than those ridiculous cheap prices in the US.

No doubt Mike, we'll catch up to the EU prices. We always have in the past...

Join the So Cal chapter here
Be Like Steve
Old 09-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Senior User

mtnsammy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Here in USA use GasBuddy dot com. I have saved hundreds on a road trip by finding those out of the way off the beaten track gas stations with low prices. When I drive to Colorado I can plan my gas buys the day before I leave so I know when to stop. I now have the app on the phone too. Until the rich share we will all pay top dollar.

I remember in the 70's promising never to drive when it went over $1.00 a gallon. Lots of time sitting in those gas lines.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:05 PM
Postmaster

VaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud of
Used my wife's Kroger Grocery card today, 3 cents a gallon off for being a member, and an extra 25 cents

off for the volume of groceries purchased (over $100), and got gas for $2.72 today!!!!

SQUIRRELS -- nature's little speedbumps!
Old 09-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Postmaster

VaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud ofVaSheriff has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsammy View Post

I remember in the 70's promising never to drive when it went over $1.00 a gallon. Lots of time sitting in those gas lines.
I never ever sat in a gas line, NEVER!!! I had a good friend who ran a Texaco station, with a U-Haul franchise attached. I was a trustworthy deputy sheriff and he gave me a key to his business and showed me how to power up the pumps. He parked large U_Haul trucks to block the view of the pumps after dark and let me come and go whenever I wanted to..... after dark.

While I realized how fortunate I was, I could not help but laugh every day watching people sit in lines fighting for gas.

SQUIRRELS -- nature's little speedbumps!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:37 PM
Postmaster

LivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaSheriff View Post
I never ever sat in a gas line, NEVER!!! I had a good friend who ran a Texaco station, with a U-Haul franchise attached. I was a trustworthy deputy sheriff and he gave me a key to his business and showed me how to power up the pumps. He parked large U_Haul trucks to block the view of the pumps after dark and let me come and go whenever I wanted to..... after dark.

While I realized how fortunate I was, I could not help but laugh every day watching people sit in lines fighting for gas.
Yeah sure you had the key... I can picture something like this going on behind those U-hauls.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  67.6 KB
05 LTD 4x4, PSD, ARP, Tuner, Cat Delete, K&N CAI,4" Exhaust w 6" SS Tip, 5" Lift, air bags & RAS, 35's Terra Grapplers on Fuel Wheels, Bilstein 5100's with Dual stabilizers, Twin air, train horn, Amp Research, Rigid Industries, F&R Mag Hytec, Pioneer Nav, 2010 OEM mirrors, DC 320 amp, Blue spring, much more...02 LTD 4X4, V10 Sold
"I bought a 6.0 PSD and I'm not afraid"
Old 09-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Elder User

1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold
I hope it's this low next summer when we take the TT down to Myrtle Beach?!

Enjoying Silver Lake Sand Dunes!
Old 09-29-2013, 05:54 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
1983, 387, expedition, fill, ford, fuel, gallon, gas, isuzu, mileage, prices, pup, truck, trucks, xlt