General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Relationship issues.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 05:19 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Relationship issues.....

Ok fellars, here we go again.....My GF that I have been with for the last 5 months, is finally starting to **** me off.........She keeps nagging about school, then she nags about me and the truck.....YET, she wants me to stay at her house with her, which is over an hour away from school, my parents, everything......I am literally starting to crack, I just paid off a $432 gas bill that I had on tab, just from going back an forth to her house and my parents' house....Thats' for a month and a half......

Frankly, she's starting the same BS my Ex-Wife did, and you guys saw what that got HER, and this ones' no different......

So I honestly don't know.......I just know that I can't stand the pressure much longer....She doesn't want me to TOUCH my truck, unless it is to go and do for her....If I even MENTION doing something to it, she starts complaining, saying, "The money you blow on that junky truck, you could be spending on me...."......UGH

So what do you guys/gals think?

P.S-When I am at her house, I do the dishes, take out the trash, pick up the general stuff during the day while she's at school, and do laundry occassionally..........So it's not like I am just sitting like a bump on a log....

P.P.S-She said if we were both outta school we could get married.....I told her that if a bullfrog had wings, it wouldn't bump its' *** againt the ground when it hops.....

-Wes

Old 02-24-2011, 07:05 AM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seem like you answered your own question. Read what you wrote. You are already looking for a way out!

Old 02-24-2011, 07:37 AM
cjben
Lead Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
her possessiveness isn't going to get better as the relationship moves on,don't ask me how i know!! I am paying child support on 3 kids,and glad to have my freedom to do as i please without having to "report" or ask for permission. After about 3 years of trying to work with her,I finally just started telling her what i was going to do,did it and really didn't care what she thought about it. Two years later,i signed my freedom papers. I said all of that to tell you it's time for you to have a serious talk with her,lay it on the line,or move on.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:43 AM
thomabb
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know the history beyond what I read this morning, so take what I say with a grain of salt . . .

The line "she's starting the same BS my Ex Wife did" kind of throws a flag. You either can see what is coming or are convinced you can, generating a self fulfilling prophecy. Either way, this relationship is in serious trouble. But I think you already know that.

Time to throttle back on this relationship and try to change course. You will need your girlfriend to be on board or it will not work. Evaluate objectively what is going wrong. Ask yourself;

1) Is this worth fixing?
2) Can we fix it ourselves?
3) Is there someone we both trust that can help us?

Be willing to accept there may be things you both will need to work on. That will be the hard part.

You both have to have common priorities (not necessarily interests) to build on. From your post, I don't see that.

Worst case scenario is you continue on and realize this relationship can't work after she has a claim to 50% of your assets. But you probably know that as well.

The best thing I can do for you is to pray. I hope things work out for the best, whatever that may look like.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:57 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My ex knew I worked on stuff all the time when she met me, yet for some reason didn't think that I would be like that for her. Basically, if she isn't happy with you doing that, then she doesn't accept who you are, which will never change. You need to find someone who accept you for who you are, not who they want you to be. I think you already know your answer. You aren't happy to totally give up that part of yourself, and she isn't understanding of your wants/needs. sorry, been through this kind of thing too much, and have little patience for mind games. I have a wonderful wife that fully knew and accepted that I do this, and I find balance in spending time with her and working on my projects. She also appreciates that I do work on my own stuff, because of the money it saves, as we don't hire any work done, I do it all. It helps that she likes trucks too... I am not quite lucky enough to have her help in the shop, but she at least lets me work in the shop with out the complaining...

Old 02-24-2011, 09:40 AM
dchamberlain
Lead Driver

Received 664 Likes on 424 Posts
Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l
"The money you blow on that junky truck, you could be spending on me...."
That's a selfish golddigger. One thing I've learned is that selfish women (and men) don't change. I'd bet, while you didn't mention it, that she's manipulative and plays games as well. I've known a few of these types.

Run away. Fast.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:34 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Don't get me wrong guys, when we aren't going at it, she is as sweet as candy.....Till I mention the truck.......IDK, seems to get a woman, and makem happy, I will have to get a Chevrolet....
Then she said that my using my student loan, (Even thopugh my schooling, books, computer is already taken care of) was a waste of my money, because I bought a bed tarp, a set of taillights, and some other things I had been wanting since I had my 94'......

But to get back on track, it just seems that my truck is my "Obsession".........Just like I told my ex-wife: The truck doesn't complain, bitch, want........And you see who lasted in that relationship.....

Thanks everyone for the help-I was just needing some advice......I really don't want to end it with her, but she is quickly using my patience up...

-Wes

Old 02-24-2011, 10:54 AM
12ozd
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by fellro86
Basically, if she isn't happy with you doing that, then she doesn't accept who you are, which will never change. You need to find someone who accept you for who you are, not who they want you to be.
Excellent advice right there

Old 02-24-2011, 12:56 PM
76f350spercamprspeal
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
My best advice for you is to get out, while you still can.

Although, I don't want to push you into doing something you don't want to do.

Also, use the money you "could" be spending on her to buy another Ford Truck.

I alway's tell them straight out, NOTHING (Except God) comes before the truck, period!

Old 02-24-2011, 01:47 PM
fz1dave
Super Duty
I'd dump her no question. Life is too short to get roped into a bad relationship. Sounds like you already had one. No need for another. Her behavior will only get worse. Trying to take away something that you enjoy is a sure sign of doom. And the money comment? You're toast if you keep her.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Not_His_F250
Posting Guru
Coming from a Woman, I would have a real good talk with her.
If your not happy now with her your not going to be happy later..... the way she acts sounds like a spoiled little Girl.

I would not put up with it ... Life is too short not too be happy !

Old 02-24-2011, 05:48 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
It's time for a sit down and a very candid discussion about wants, needs, priorities and all that crap.

She needs to know exactly how you feel. If you break it down for her in a calm polite manner, she may respond in a positive way. Then again, she may not and if not, who gives a damn. Grab your gear and go.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:45 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The first question I had after reading this is why do you attract women like this???? Maybe you need to look at you. It is real easy to find what is wrong with others. But since she is acting like your Ex wife is interesting. Because the only thing that is the same is YOU. I have been married for sometime now. My wife doesn't remind me or act like any of my past relationships.
Maybe you need to stay single & out of a relationship & work on you. At least until you figure out why you attract the same sick situations.
I learned a long time ago water seeks its own level. I'm an old man so I have been around the block once or twice.

Craig

Old 02-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Flexfuel-Dave
Elder User
Originally Posted by fz1dave
I'd dump her no question. Life is too short to get roped into a bad relationship. Sounds like you already had one. No need for another. Her behavior will only get worse. Trying to take away something that you enjoy is a sure sign of doom. And the money comment? You're toast if you keep her.
This sounds like a real trap that you could get caught in!

Why do you have to stay with her? This sounds like it is not practical or cost effective.

Most of all, are you happy?

Old 02-24-2011, 08:29 PM
ckal704
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Look-it is sorta like this. Insert appropriate names and actions, etc.:
Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess, "will you marry me?". The Princess said NO, and so..

The Prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and frolicked with skinny big titted broads and hunted and raced cars and went to naked bars and dated women half his age and drank whiskey, beer and Captain Morgan and never heard bitching and never paid child support or alimony and kept his house and guns and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was cool as hell and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up .....

The end

Quick Reply: Relationship issues.....