1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diesel prices are crazy, any commercial hauler?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Sebs
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kawkx500
Twags6 ... I hate places like that .. I gotta stop at one of those places every once in awhile in the tri axle .. it really sucks because I have to swipe the card 4 or 5 times to fill up the damn truck ... it takes forever .. lol

I hope you guys complain to the station manager every time that happens. Maybe if we're annoying enough they'll get the message and raise the limit. And what sense does it make to have a limit and then immediately let you swipe your card again?

Old 02-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Big_Al59
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
It's not going to get any cheaper, thats for sure. The folks in charge have said for months they wanted higher fuel prices so we would drive more fuel efficient vehicles. All the protests in the mideast aren't helping things either.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Vijay
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sebs
I hope you guys complain to the station manager every time that happens. Maybe if we're annoying enough they'll get the message and raise the limit. And what sense does it make to have a limit and then immediately let you swipe your card again?
You would be surprised, I actually did and in 2008 they raised it to $100, that was still not enough. Now, they are back to $75 limit!

Old 02-24-2011, 01:39 PM
BCHauler
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As the prices have gotten higher here in Canada, the oil companies have instituted a little trick that a lot of people aren't aware of. When prices spiked big time a few years ago, the gas stations slowed their pumps down so that people felt like they were getting more of their monies' worth because they spent longer filling their tank. An illusion for sure but apparently it has worked on many people.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:48 PM
sammy77
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rjfetz1
Here diesel is .40-.50 cents more than regular gas. Ya know, we are paying for BP's mistake now. Will pay for quite a while.

100% True. Very few people actually realize this.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:52 PM
sammy77
Postmaster

Station manager..?The credit card company is who you have to complain to. They are the ones that won't cover the station for anything over that amount for theft.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Sebs
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by sammy77
Station manager..?The credit card company is who you have to complain to. They are the ones that won't cover the station for anything over that amount for theft.
I spent quite awhile on the phone the other day trying to figure out who really is to blame. The station managers blame the credit card companies. The credit card companies say it's not them. So who's telling the lie? When I called the credit card company the charge hadn't got to them yet so it wasn't them that put a stop on it. It turns out, at least in the case of Shell, it's the corporation that sets the policies for the corporate stations. I got a corporate guy to admit that. It's not the individual station owners. Last summer I used my credit card one day in North Dakota with no limit and 2 days later in Las Vegas and was cut off at $80.00 (different brands). So I know it's not my credit card. I've complained to Shell directly, but complaints coming from station owners probably will carry more weight with the corporation, so I complain to them and tell them to pass it along to corporate.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:47 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
$4.09 here today.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:52 PM
homer01
5th Wheeling
Diesel is currently $3.49 and reg. gas is $3.05 here in central Va. What a pain in the wallet.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:39 PM
sammy77
Postmaster
I spent quite awhile on the phone the other day trying to figure out who really is to blame. The station managers blame the credit card companies. The credit card companies say it's not them. So who's telling the lie? When I called the credit card company the charge hadn't got to them yet so it wasn't them that put a stop on it. It turns out, at least in the case of Shell, it's the corporation that sets the policies for the corporate stations. I got a corporate guy to admit that. It's not the individual station owners. Last summer I used my credit card one day in North Dakota with no limit and 2 days later in Las Vegas and was cut off at $80.00 (different brands). So I know it's not my credit card. I've complained to Shell directly, but complaints coming from station owners probably will carry more weight with the corporation, so I complain to them and tell them to pass it along to corporate.

The way it works is this: (These are facts, not lies)
The credit card companies set the limit as far as what they will cover in case of theft when you swipe your card at the pump.($75, $100) Now it's up to the "station" if they wanna up that amount. If there is any theft at all over that said amount, that would be the responsibilty of the merchant. And it does happen. The easiest theft out there is gas from a pump you can just swipe your card at and be on your way. Now that said, would you "up" that amount?? Not me.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Hotpocket
Elder User
$2.87 a gallon here for regular but i get 89 oct. at $2.99 a gallon and diesel is $3.25 a gallon at our local citgo...

Old 02-24-2011, 07:39 PM
lakewood
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The highest price near me is 3.62. Lowest was 3.55, i filled my 05 shortbed up yesterday at 3.55 a gallon and it cost me 94 dollars....

My 01 long bed takes around 120 bucks now......

I only drive my truck when needed now, If i dont need the truck i take the car. gotta save money some how.

My question is, why the ****!!! cant we drill in the gulf!!!! The BP spill was a freak accident, chances of that happening again are slim. If we pumped our own oil oil prices would be cut in half. I rmember filling up the 01 7.3 back in the with 80 cent a gallon prices, it would be like 28 doolars to fill her up. WTF happened!!!????

Old 02-24-2011, 08:17 PM
jlmotox
Elder User
just filled up here in SoCal for 3.97...arrrrrrrgh!!!

Old 02-24-2011, 09:51 PM
Sebs
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by sammy77
The way it works is this: (These are facts, not lies)
The credit card companies set the limit as far as what they will cover in case of theft when you swipe your card at the pump.($75, $100) Now it's up to the "station" if they wanna up that amount. If there is any theft at all over that said amount, that would be the responsibilty of the merchant. And it does happen. The easiest theft out there is gas from a pump you can just swipe your card at and be on your way. Now that said, would you "up" that amount?? Not me.
But in essence they already allow ME to up the limit by letting me immediately swipe my card again at the same pump.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Peteraceboat
New User
It is called GREED the oil company way. Between wall street and EXXON greedy Excess billions dollar profits every quarter for the past 5 years, the public is shafted.

Quick Reply: Diesel prices are crazy, any commercial hauler?