Mom has had a bit of a setback. The doctors had to put back in some of the fluid / medication IV lines. My sister is still with her. Sis stated that Mom is becoming confused and going through the, "I'm ready to die" phase.
The speech specialist has some concerns about brain function. Not sure if Mom is ready to move to a non-ICU room, yet. The last update from my sis was on Monday.
I'll call tonight to see what, if any, changes have happened. This is really getting stressful, especially being this far away.
Sis says there isn't anything I could do if I were there, so she isn't ready for me to come down yet.
She still has a little confusion but it making progress. My sister is still with her, taking care of the daily stuff like paying bills, keeping Mom company, arranging for the movers to pack up the mobile home stuff, load it onto a U-aul truck and all that. Sis will drive the U-Haul down to her place and have her family and friends unload everything into the garage.
When Mom is ready to leave the hospital, I'll fly down to Sacramento, drive Mom in her car to my sister's place in Temecula and fly back from Ontario to Boise. Might be around the beginning of April before that happens.
I'm hoping it'll be around the beginning or middle of April. My shoulder surgeries are scheduled for April 27th.
Mom has an appointment today to have her voice box and vocal cords checked. They're trying to determine how much damage might have been done when she was intebated when she had her heart attack.
I'm gonna wait until this weekend to call her to see how it went. She has another follow-up appointment at sometime near the end of this month. She doesn't know about that, so don't tell her I told you.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Mom called me today. She sounds stronger. We talked for 30 minutes before her voice started giving out again. This is the longest we've been able to talk.
She is still in the "Assisted Care Facility", for lack of a better term practically across the street from UC-Davis Medical Center. She has an MRI scheduled for Tuesday to check her brain.
Her carotid arteries were checked today, too. They show less than 50% blockage, which is less than before the heart attack, so I'm hoping the medications are working as expected.
The doctor's think she MIGHT be ready for discharge sometime around the 18th. Won't know for sure until after the Tuesday appointment. She still hasn't been informed of the appointment at the end of this month, so I'll need to contact my sister for an update on that.
Keep the prayers and good thoughts coming, please. They're definately working.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.