Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2011, 11:26 PM
New User

Cowboydandy is starting off with a positive reputation.
I did the pump on my 1997 F-250 HD 7.3 PSD , its the the same set-up as yours . It took about an hour to do, but I'm real Good . Find another auto repair shop to go the work. Alldata shows 6.3 Hours to R&R the Pump. O'Reilly's has the pump - Airtex 61067 , for $99.99 . Airtex is the OEM. For the 7.3 PSD. Good Luck
Old 02-24-2011, 05:00 AM
Post Fiend

Copedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by RÖENTGEEP View Post
Or you can fab a table like mine with a fraction of that price and works awesome and you have place for tools, rags, etc.
look here:
Mobile Photobucket?
That is a good idea!
Do you think maybe next time you are playing the camera you can take some more pictures of? I can't see it to well.
Ian, 1 each (That's my nomenclature so don't wear it out) 97 F350 7.3L Auto 4WD Crew Cab 230K (Cali model bummer). MODS: HOOOOGA! horn, 6637, Service/Utility bed, 3" DP, Testing that Cat, 120v IDM. US ARMY OAS, OJE-IFOR, SFOR,2,5, OJG-KFOR, OIF, OEF. To ALL that have served, THANK YOU!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:17 AM
Postmaster

Robbgt has a great reputation on FTE.Robbgt has a great reputation on FTE.Robbgt has a great reputation on FTE.Robbgt has a great reputation on FTE.
Ian, If you click "next" on the photobucked page he posted up, you can see alot more pictures of the bench and where the supports sit in the engine bay. Pretty cool, may have to make myself one

ALSO Tried to rep you RÖENTGEEP for helping with the camshaft idea to keep the pump tappet from dropping... but still in rep jail. I think we need a re-working of this rep system... what happens if the same people are the ones always helping out?

Old 02-24-2011, 06:39 AM
Post Fiend

Copedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgt View Post
Ian, If you click "next" on the photobucked page he posted up, you can see alot more pictures of the bench and where the supports sit in the engine bay. Pretty cool, may have to make myself one
Thanks Robb! I see now. This will be a summer project....I just need to add a beverage holder and I will be like "downtown"!
Ian, 1 each (That's my nomenclature so don't wear it out) 97 F350 7.3L Auto 4WD Crew Cab 230K (Cali model bummer). MODS: HOOOOGA! horn, 6637, Service/Utility bed, 3" DP, Testing that Cat, 120v IDM. US ARMY OAS, OJE-IFOR, SFOR,2,5, OJG-KFOR, OIF, OEF. To ALL that have served, THANK YOU!
Old 06-25-2013, 12:09 PM
FOREIGN GURU

RÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to behold
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copedawg View Post
Thanks Robb! I see now. This will be a summer project....I just need to add a beverage holder and I will be like "downtown"!
Ian I havent see you here often. What happened, did you make the "table" with the holder?

96 F250, E40D, 2WD, 3.55, 145K. DIY intake-exhaust brake. DP 3-3.5" ceramic coated; HPX; GPR switch; Isspro gauges; shim FPR; Tru-cool; CCV mod; 4" SS exhaust; SS 5" tip; no cat; RacerX VB; TW 6p chip; 203*;140IDM;6.0IC; cristal clear lenses; fuel tank mod; AC cold mod; coolant filter.

«Primum non nosere» Drive safely !
Old 06-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Senior User

sowaxeman is starting off with a positive reputation.
So I see you dug up this thread from the dead ;-) Figured I'd provide an update on my Fuel Pump experience. In March of 2011 (one month after this thread died) I blew out my knee. I've since had three surgeries on it, so obviously climbing on top of this truck was not in the cards. I found another local diesel mechanic that was about 45 minutes from home...he quoted me $250 to install my pump and o-ring kit that I had purchased. Naturally I asked him when I should drop it off! He got the pump installed in less time than he estimated and tried to charge me only $225. I gave him the $250 and told him go buy a bottle of his favorite liquid encouragement...and THANKS!

To date I have been leak free (and diesel fume free), and all calculations indicated I was losing 5mpg to the leak!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 02:56 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
107, 2164, 61067, 97, airtex, f350, failure, ford, forum, fuel, hard, m61067, network, pump, sova, truck