Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2011, 03:44 PM
Freshman User

natehanson_04 is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
Diesel Ranger in Europe

Why cant we get any of this cool stuff in the US? Itd would be more logical for me than a full-sized truck. Anyway I thought some of you guys might appreciate it.

A Petition: Bring Ford's Global Diesel Ranger to America
Old 02-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
I say Excellent, bring it home please.
Gerry- re-ordered 2015 F350 Platinum, 2006 F350 Lariat Superduty FX4 6.0L for sale, white crew cab,.... Slackmaster #23
2006 Mustang Vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River SandPiper 345RET 39ft Fiver
Old 02-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Post Fiend

cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
ya this is not really news. there is a diesel focus too. I think we will see it / them soon enugh. stateside there is a consumer push for hybirds ..... I really dont understnad that push. the not so green batteries alsong with the high green cost of replacing such said batteries is outragous.

I do belive with diesel technology going green it is not only a better awnser but a cleaner one. and sence we dont really need oil to make diesel fuels anymore .....
mods arp,egr delete, tuned, 91 gallon RDS fuel tank.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Post Fiend

dchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputation
But that would make sense. We can't have any of that over here.

Oregon Chapter Member:
To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 02-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Post Fiend

cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchamberlain View Post
But that would make sense. We can't have any of that over here.
no no we cant and we must save the spotted owl too.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Senior User

Krump's brother is starting off with a positive reputation.
100% agree with "greener" diesel being the way of the near future.

I wish I had a picture of the diesel Toyota Stout I rode in in Ecuador. I know this is a Ford site, but it was sweet. I would love to see a spartan 4X4 diesel (or even gas) mini pickup. Something with virtually no options, similar to a mid 80s solid axle Yota would sell like hotcakes. The 'wheelin crowd would go crazy,there's nothing in that niche.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Posting Guru

Forest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to behold
It is frustrating to me that we can't seem to drum up enthusiasm in this country for smaller diesels. A Ford Ranger with a 2.0L 4 cylinder diesel would work well, I feel.

I am just returning from a trip to Italy and Germany. I rented a VW Passat stationwagon in Milan and drove it to Stuttgart. When on the open road, I moved with the traffic--about 120 to 150 km/h (75 to 93 mph) and some city traffic idling (Zurich is a nightmare). After 945 km (587 miles) of driving, I refilled the tank this morning with 53.8 L (14.2 gallons). That computes to 41.4 mpg!

This car was not a 'dog'. It had a 6 speed manual and would pull in 6th gear from 50 km/h up to 150 km/h (and easily much faster, if I wanted to).

Now a small pickup would require more fuel to handle the extra drag and lower gearing. But, I think it could easily achieve 30 mpg in every day driving.

'05 Excursion Limited 4x4 6.0L PSD >162,000 miles
ARP Studs, SCT, Coolant filter, MBRP 4", Banks Techni-Cooler, Blue Spring, V/B w/RAS; Hellwig; Red Head; Bilsteins; Michelin M/S2 on 18"x8" 04 Ford wheels; Kenwood DNX9960 w/Rear Camera ; Propride 3P on Arctic Fox 32D

Last edited by Forest; 02-20-2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 02-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Post Fiend

you can buy a 2.0l diesel range stateside. they were around for many years. It was a great engine too.
google it.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Senior User

Mich6.0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Zurich is a night mare, I used to a get beer in Italy and just watch and laugh. I don't think I seen a handfull of cars with dents.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
I like the look of that blue truck in the OP's article, with the fender vents & all, not sure about the large tail lights.
Dont forget to vote guys.....
Gerry- re-ordered 2015 F350 Platinum, 2006 F350 Lariat Superduty FX4 6.0L for sale, white crew cab,.... Slackmaster #23
2006 Mustang Vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River SandPiper 345RET 39ft Fiver
Old 02-20-2011, 06:30 PM
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Jakebrake is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Jakebrake is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have seen many diesel Ranger P/U's in Mexico...they were all 4 door cabs too. I looked on the Ford website in Mexico about a year or so ago and they were still available. I think you would play hell trying to get one into the US...nothing about the truck would comply with U.S. dot standards.

P.S. Looks like the diesel is no longer offered...but it was a while back.
Ken-2006 F350 PSD CC/SB FX4 Lariat w/Torqueshift, Readylift SST 2.5" Leveling Kit, Toyo 285/75-18 AT's, Edge Evolution, MagHyTec Diff & Tranny covers, Dieselsite Coolant & Tranny Filters, Rancho RS 9000XL Shocks, FS2500 Oil Bypass Filter, Magnaflow SS Exhaust, Magnefine PS Filter, BulletProof Diesel EGR Cooler, Blue Spring upgrade, FICM by Ed @ FICMRepair.com
Old 02-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Post Fiend

dchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputation
Look at it this way. "Hybrid" sounds cool. It's new. It's hip. It's neat technology that lets auto makers look like they are really doing something while selling cars for way more money that don't really get the impressive fuel economy they claim. It also lets government give away 5 large to get you to buy one, so they get to look like they're doing something too.

What does "diesel" sound like. Unfortunately to most Americans it sounds like stinky smelly fuel with stinky smelly exhaust and coal rolling out the tail pipe. Even though clean diesel is none of those things, that's what people have come to believe. And what people think is true has far more influence than what really is true.

Oregon Chapter Member:
To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 02-20-2011, 10:23 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
deisel, desiel, diesel, duty, europe, european, explorer, ford, light, pick, ranger, sale, truck, trucks, wv