Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2012, 09:37 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by king-david View Post
Can someone tell me where the MAF sensor is on my 02 Excursion with a k&n cold air kit on it? I don't see anything resembling the picture in mine...
Do you have a gasser Ex? You don't have anything listed in your sig.

If you have a PSD, you won't have one.

Stewart

PS - It really helps us if you fill out your sig so we know your Excursions pedigree.
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Senior User

king-david has a very good reputation on FTE.king-david has a very good reputation on FTE.king-david has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Do you have a gasser Ex? You don't have anything listed in your sig.

If you have a PSD, you won't have one.

Stewart

PS - It really helps us if you fill out your sig so we know your Excursions pedigree.
I'm a little embarrased to say, I have no idea where to change my sig!

But I have a 2002 Ex v10 gasser. I'm going back to look for 'edit my signature'

EDIT: looks like i need some more posts!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:35 PM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
David, it should still be upstream of your K&N filter. Post a couple more and you'll be able to change your signature.
2000 Excursion XLT V10 4x4 170K, front V's, rear mod'd C's,, 315's, winch bumpers F/R, Viair system, Piaa lighting, Hellwig rear, dual Optimas, oily K&N, RedHeaded, scratchy paint, love taps at each corner.

Join the So Cal chapter here
Old 07-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Senior User

king-david has a very good reputation on FTE.king-david has a very good reputation on FTE.king-david has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpnaes View Post
David, it should still be upstream of your K&N filter. Post a couple more and you'll be able to change your signature.
Upstream like where?

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Excuse the dirtyness...
Old 07-09-2012, 11:12 PM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
I think I see it here. Look at all the wires going into the tube!
Attached Images

2000 Excursion XLT V10 4x4 170K, front V's, rear mod'd C's,, 315's, winch bumpers F/R, Viair system, Piaa lighting, Hellwig rear, dual Optimas, oily K&N, RedHeaded, scratchy paint, love taps at each corner.

Last edited by wpnaes; 07-09-2012 at 11:15 PM. Reason: one more pic
Old 07-09-2012, 11:14 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpnaes View Post
I think I see it here. Look at all the wires going into the tube!

Thank you sir!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:14 PM
Postmaster

jh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputation
Is that it right behind that plate after the filter? It has a plug and wires.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Senior User

f150crewcab is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.f150crewcab is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzHelm View Post
in past 2 vehicles i damaged 2 of those mass air sensors from using k&n oil type filters. between the cost of the k&n, new air sensors, and oil cleaning kit, I would never recoupe the money spent in trying to save 1or2 mpg. just by the cheapest air filter every year and you'll be better off.
Based on advice from other FTEr's, I ditched the K&N that came with my X for the stock air filter.
2005 Excursion 6.0L EB: 5" MBRP, Glo-Shift 3n1 Pyrometer-FP-Boost, Fumoto, blue spring, ELC, coolant filter, Hawk LTS/Wagner SD, NAPA Ultra rotors, Rancho 9000's, V/B springs, SGII, Prodigy P2, eclipse nav, parrot bluetooth
1971 F-100; 1958 F-100 (project); 1940 Ford Super Deluxe 4dr (project)
2006 Kodiak Skamper hybrid 236
Old 07-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by f150crewcab View Post
Based on advice from other FTEr's, I ditched the K&N that came with my X for the stock air filter.
I thought there was another thread that said that may not actually be the case? I know k&n has done some research on it and found a significant number of things that were being blamed on them, were not them at all.

http://www.knfilters.com/MAF/massair.htm
Old 07-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Senior User

You all might be happy to know, that I successfully removed/cleaned my MAF
Old 12-31-2012, 11:48 AM
New User

pyrodenis is starting off with a positive reputation.
MAF removal for cleaning?

I cleaned my MAF, but did not actually open the housing of the circuit board; didn't have a torx. So, removing the tubular housing (that's inside the section just downstream, from the filter) and spraying both thermistors, was the best I could do. They seemed to clean nicely, and I was careful not to drip in, toward the circuit board.
Does the FTE collective braintrust think that's adequate?
Old 12-31-2012, 12:24 PM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

Yes, this portion of the braintrust thinks so.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Elder User

jayjjcc has a great reputation on FTE.jayjjcc has a great reputation on FTE.jayjjcc has a great reputation on FTE.jayjjcc has a great reputation on FTE.jayjjcc has a great reputation on FTE.jayjjcc has a great reputation on FTE.
You should see some kind of wiring harness attached to your zip tube.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:14 AM
Post Fiend

JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodenis View Post
I cleaned my MAF, but did not actually open the housing of the circuit board; didn't have a torx. So, removing the tubular housing (that's inside the section just downstream, from the filter) and spraying both thermistors, was the best I could do. They seemed to clean nicely, and I was careful not to drip in, toward the circuit board.
Does the FTE collective braintrust think that's adequate?
Also agree this should be more than enough. I've done it both ways with equally positive results. Fact is you might be able to do this very effectively not even removing anything other than the filter and its removable housing, just aim the cleaner directly at the MAF. Perhaps give the sensor a squirt or two when the filter is changed?
Old 01-02-2013, 04:14 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
00, 2000, 300, 64, air, cleaning, excursion, excurson, flow, ford, maf, mass, probems, sensor, straight, v10