Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

The Bronco calculation.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Bronco calculation.

POPAJON and myself were just comparing calculations we use to purchase stuff.

I told John my benchmark calculator is my Broncos as in contemplating the purchase of anything over $50 I put it in Bronco parts or whole Bronco purchases.

It goes something like this my wife wants new furniture Sofa let's say $1,500 for that one well for that $1,500 I can "A" buy another Bronco if I'm really lucky or it could be "Fast Fuel injection" for my Green Bronco.

What Calculators do others use

And to Johns beer calculator, is actually a pretty good one.

<table class="ecxMsoNormalTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="padding: 0in;" valign="top">

Retirement Planning

If you had purchased $1,000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00.

With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1,000.00.

With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.

If you had purchased $1,000 of Delta Air Lines stock, you would have $49.00 left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drunk all the
beer, then turned in the bottles for the recycling REFUND, you would have had $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.

Let people you care about know...
and tell them to start now!!!

You can't argue with math.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 02-20-2011, 09:38 AM
POPAJON
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Man, I love the way your calculator works.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Talking Of course you know we bought the Sofa....

I may need it to sleep on if I buy too many Bronco related items

Old 02-20-2011, 11:51 AM
POPAJON
Fleet Mechanic
You can NEVER have to much Ford stuff. Sofas are good to. You gotta crash somewhere. Probably not as good as your new bed, but better than the floor!!!

Old 02-21-2011, 03:19 PM
djarmy
New User
great calculator! sofas are overrated thats why we have bench seats in our trucks or get really fancy and have reclining buckets.$1500 could buy heater leather bucket seats woohoo thats living!

Old 02-22-2011, 04:46 PM
LightningRyan
Senior User
My GF and I argue about the truck all the time. Her view is... well you could spend that much money on the truck or you could save it and we could go on a cruise or vacation somewhere hot...... I say when would you like to go??? She starts with July and I say Why would I wanna go somewhere hot when its hot here???? Than she'll change it to February or March and I say sorry sweetie in Feb. I go snowmobiling for a week so that doesn't work. Than she'll say something along the lines of well I don't know than (sometimes it's alot more vulgar). And I say well when you think of an appropriate time let me know. And than I go spend the money on the truck

She's gunna be realllllly mad when I tell her I'm going to get rid of the car in the summer and buy an Explorer or Ranger :schemeyfingers:

Old 02-23-2011, 08:24 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Funny how beer factors into so many projects,.......and then there's the beer adjustment factor,..... usually the next day , "something must have happened overnite, I swear I didn't put it on like that" or " it was perfectly straight yesterday" then of course you have to redo or buy another widget to make the adjustment,......

Frank

Old 02-23-2011, 11:03 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have 0 truck budget right now, so spending decisions are easy.

Actually, last year my truck got an oil change and a new starter solenoid. Pretty easy on the budget.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:14 AM
POPAJON
Fleet Mechanic
Well Chad, for the past three years the only cash I had for the 77 was if I sold something, an income tax refund HA HA HA or if sweet talked the old girl for a week and then ONLY if I was a good boy.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:04 AM
68murc
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I play the calculator game ALL THE TIME!!! She wants to go on trips. I say, why spend that money for a one week vacation that I will forget unless I look at the pictures. (that's when happens when the booze is free)
If I spend it on the truck, I will ALWAYS have it. I can go look at it, and USE it whenever I want, for the rest of my life, what do you think is a better investment. She always loses when we play, and she don't like that......so I think we're gonna go on a trip in the near future.
One time she mentioned getting a pair of......ahem........"aftermarket accesories" for herself. I told her if we could afford that, then I was going shopping for a new project. That was the end of that. As AWESOME as it might be for her to have them, I can only play with them when she says it's OK. I can go play with my truck whenever I want.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Talking You're one funny fellow.

Originally Posted by 68murc
I play the calculator game ALL THE TIME!!! She wants to go on trips. I say, why spend that money for a one week vacation that I will forget unless I look at the pictures. (that's when happens when the booze is free)
If I spend it on the truck, I will ALWAYS have it. I can go look at it, and USE it whenever I want, for the rest of my life, what do you think is a better investment. She always loses when we play, and she don't like that......so I think we're gonna go on a trip in the near future.
One time she mentioned getting a pair of......ahem........"aftermarket accesories" for herself. I told her if we could afford that, then I was going shopping for a new project. That was the end of that. As AWESOME as it might be for her to have them, I can only play with them when she says it's OK. I can go play with my truck whenever I want.

It's like you can read my mind

Old 03-12-2011, 08:42 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 68murc

Y'know you always seem willing to show off the aftermarket accesories on the truck,.....I wonder... LOL

Frank

Old 03-17-2011, 08:35 PM
falconqueenD
Elder User
Thumbs up The Bucket List

HAAAAHAAAAA I do not have a wife or GF.
I have my best buddy MR FORD ALIAS BIG JOHN.
So there is nobody in my camp going to stop me from doing what I want.

I guess I could Lie on the sofa while I change the oil.
If I want a Holiday I cruise the swaps. That Doesn't mean I want to trade for your girls YUK YUK YUK YUK