Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Reasons/Explaination behind your Screen Name...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 06:47 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Reasons/Explaination behind your Screen Name...

Okay,

So it is always interesting to find out why we use a particular screen name.

I'll start.

My screen name on forums is always "Crappie_Fisherman" but on FTE they limit you to (at the time I signed up at least) 16 characters and I didn't realize it until I had signed up...so my username was "Crappie_Fisherma"!

Not realizing what was happening I could have changed it to "CrappieFisherman" and been done with it...or thinking back maybe it was 15 characters and no matter how I tried I couldn't get "CrappieFisherman" whole...

Regardless I switched to X_Hemi_Guy because I had just dumped a Hemi powered Durango 2005 (new body style) that I had only owned for ~2 months that could NOT pull my 7500# TT worth a darn here in FLAT Indiana. I had purchased the Durango used and there were some issues with the paperwork (THANK GOD) so the dealership wanted me to sign the extra papers and I told them this Durango had major issues in the cooling department...we settled on them taking it back (FULL PRICE) applied to the Ex they had sitting used on the lot...so...in the end I got a great pulling truck and I also got a new user name.

If you go over to RV.net or any of the other forums I visit and you see a user "Crappie_Fisherman"...that would be me...but here...well everyone knows me as X_Hemi_Guy

Okay...that's my story...let's hear yours!

Joe.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:26 AM
Otahyoni
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Some say I'm obsessed with wolves...

I really do love wolves... My user name is a Cherokee word meaning "White Wolf".

I chose it to tie my liking wolves to the little bit of native american i have in me...

And the Amish Wolfman part is because of my beard and long hair i've had a few people say i look amish, though i am not...

Old 02-19-2011, 08:43 AM
nebo
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post #331 ..

Old 02-19-2011, 09:45 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 928 Likes on 676 Posts
wpnaes = my name spelled and initials backwards.

Sean P. W.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:35 PM
fz1dave
Super Duty
My name is Dave and I ride an FZ1.

Attached Images    
Old 02-20-2011, 12:11 AM
krogoski
Freshman User

Well, Mine isn't so creative, My name is Ken, the last name starts with Rogo and (once upon a time) like to ski. Been years though but the name has stuck with me. Hey Nebo, I thought that's where you might be. Nebo is just too unique to forget. Have a friend that used to live on Nebo. He moved 10 years ago or so but still, I'm familiar. You are also close enough, that I may have yelled at you a time or two (I yell at everyone going down the road I live on, Speed limit is un-posted (55) and it's barely a 2 lane road with a steep drop on either side, I'm kind of tired of people ending up in my well house, front porch and mailbox. If half the folks who drive down this road everyday knew how many accidents I've seen from the comfort of my couch, They might slow down a bit!) It's a small world after all !!!

Old 02-20-2011, 01:25 AM
nebo
Posting Guru
Hey Ken, I noticed you work for Cummins, I do too. Which facility you located?

Yes, it is a small world, huh?

So, are you west of Columbus then, out my way?

Answer over on the chat thread if you want so we don't clutter this one.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:34 AM
dave47111
Senior User
Mine is very simple, It started with me trying to get an email address a long time ago. I kept trying different combinations with Dave and it kept telling me that name was taken. I finally tried my first name along with my zip code and it took. So, I just keep using it on the forums I join to make things easier to remember.....

Old 02-21-2011, 09:27 PM
shuteme00
New User
Mine started out as frustration trying to secure an email account that wasn't taken, and it has stuck with me ever since. Although when I started on the board here ~12 yrs ago I used to go by 71sportcustom.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:10 AM
slowr w/o blowr
Senior User
You can follow this screen name back to Mach1registry. It has to do with my Mach1. I was limited on how many characters you could use so i abbreviated Slower w/o Blower down to what you see now.
Really would like to point out that in the new type of racing that i'm doing, Having a blower on my car actually can make you slower. Its easy to bolt on a bunch of traction with sticky tires at a drag strip, but when you are on an actual tight race course its easy to over power the chassis with a twin screw.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:56 PM
grinnergetter
Cargo Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
When I was in high school I used to trap alot and unfortunately I got good at trapping possums. Hence the name grinnergetter.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:28 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My mine is because the picture you see of me is actually my dog (I know hard to believe) But his father was his brother...That's right His dad did his mother (Only in Indiana !!) Hence the Bad Dog and I'm Kuzz
And Rufus (The one in the picture) needless to say he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but he is a great guard dog and loves my 2 yr old.

Last edited by BadDogKuzz; 02-26-2011 at 11:30 PM. Reason: I can't spell to save my butt
Old 02-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Munky
Senior User
Originally Posted by BadDogKuzz
But his father was his brother...That's right His dad did his mother.

Mine is because Korn is my fav band, and "Munky" is one of the guitarists...well, now the only guitarist since the other left.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Cardiac69
Elder User
Cardiac, since I've been a paramedic/firefighter for 29 years....And the 69 was my first car, a sweet 1969 Chevelle SS396...

Bob

Old 02-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts
Mine is pretty self explanatory. I am a career FF/EMT and my first fire dept equipment number was 1406 = firefighter 1406.

Quick Reply: Reasons/Explaination behind your Screen Name...