Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > 2014+ Transit
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2014+ Transit 2014+ full size Ford Transit Van, Wagon, Cutaway and Chassis-Cab

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Senior User

ghanson is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ghanson is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Question Full-Sized Transit in America?

The other day I saw what looked like a Ford Transit out here in Southern California, it wasn't the smaller Transit Connect. The front clip looked to be very similar to the new F-150's but it almost looked too short, almost like an E-series. I mentioned it to a buddy of mine and he told me he had seen a similar vehicle a few days prior. Has anyone seen one of these or heard about any test vehicles or possibly aftermarket conversions?
Old 02-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Postmaster

YoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to behold
The full size Transit is available in Mexico and I have seen info that it will be available in the US beginning in 2012, so it is definitely probable that there are some in the US as test vehicles. (California would be a logical test area for the Mexican Transit.)

Being a Detroiter, I have seen some Euro Fords like the EcoSport around the Detroit area with mfr plates. I believe the full size Transit was even developed in large part in the USA. I'm guessing that the big Transit will slot in below the current E series vans and possibly eventually replace it, but it will definitely take some time for commercial outfitters to develop conversion parts for them.

Ford is definitely heading toward standardizing their worldwide vehicle lineup in all markets. This only makes sense to simplify development costs by not having duplicate vehicles.

As fuel mileage standards increase, I think it would also make a lot of sense to redo the Ranger for the US as well.

George
Old 02-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Senior User

ghanson is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ghanson is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That makes sense. If I see one again I'll what plates it has. As far as the E-series goes; there's no way that the Transit won't completely replace it. This thing was massive! As for the Ranger, there was a thread in the F100 secition and we all agreed that it's unlikely that there will be a replacement for a while. Thanks for the info!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Junior User

8LugSlug is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'll bet it was the new Nissan Cargo Van, I saw one the other day and mistook it for a Ford
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Post Fiend

85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation
Not sure this is going to work, but when you compare the current E150 to the Nissan NV 1500, the main deal killer imo with the Nissan is that it is built on a Titan platform. And so it has a 146.1 inch wheelbase vs. the 138 for the E150, and overall length is 240.6 for the Nissan; 216.7 for the Ford, and the Ford weighs a pretty porky 5291 lbs, vs. the Nissan's "watch the bridge rating" 5853 lbs.

http://www.ford.com/trucks/eseries/c...15|29293|29314

Having said that, the larger TC would certainly gain a following imo, especially if it offered a tighter steering package and better mpg than the E and the other manufacturers.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:47 PM
New User

Rising sun is starting off with a positive reputation.
You guys in the 'States wouldn't believe how much Gas and Diesel cost in Europe!!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Senior User

COE Joe is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It would be nice if Ford had a one-ton Diesel van again. I have an E-350 diesel conversion van that for my purposes (pulling a 24' enclosed car trailer) is the ideal tow vehicle. It's coming up on 300,000 miles and I'd like to replace it, but there is no equivalent new vehicle available. I'd hate to have to buy a Sprinter......
Old 06-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Post Fiend

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
I wouldn't be surprised if the Transit and E-series are "combined" by 2015, probably with slightly different power-train options. The Transit doesn't come with an automatic transmission - which I don't think would fly well in the states - and while they make a gas engine version, they are as rare as hens teeth, and its only a 2.3l I4.

If they dropped the 3.7l V6 in there for the "E150", and the 6.2l for E250/350 both with their respective 6 speed auto's that would be more than sufficient.

The transit does come with an AWD option though - I could imagine that would be quite popular in the US.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:09 PM
New User

Kike Miami is starting off with a positive reputation.
Transit spotted in Florida

I saw one couple of days ago, I even took pictures of it, it had Michigan Plates (manufacturer) it seems they brought it to MIAMI for a road test, and they were going back.

I would love to buy one, if they keep the small diesel engine and the standard transmission, these vehicles yield a lot of miles on the gallon, I used to have a Brazilian made VW FOX (actually a GOL model) in South America, it had a 1.6 natural aspirated diesel, and it gave me about 45 to 50 mpg, no A/C, no PS, nor AT.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8LugSlug View Post
I'll bet it was the new Nissan Cargo Van, I saw one the other day and mistook it for a Ford
Click the image to open in full size.
Nope, its been a while since I saw it but I know it was a Ford. It had ford badges on it.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Posting Guru

less is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Full size Euro Transit scheduled to come out in Canada + the USA...2013 model year. Econoline production will end as a result, except I believe for some cab and chassis...which will continue for awhile.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:29 AM
Senior User

Thanks for that. You know if they're coming with diesels or is Ford still sticking with gas? I'm sure guys would jump all over a small diesel for a swap into smaller trucks.

1997 F-250 Heavy Duty, extended cab, long bed.
XLT 4x4, 4.10 limited slip, 7.3L PowerStroke, E4OD.

"Smells like freedom"
Old 12-13-2011, 05:59 PM
New User

StrangeHighways is starting off with a positive reputation.
It will make a nice work van,but I dont think it will sell as a people/family mover.Its to ugly.If you ever see that ugly thing in my drive its to hook up my cable lol
Old 12-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Posting Guru

less is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanson View Post
Thanks for that. You know if they're coming with diesels or is Ford still sticking with gas? I'm sure guys would jump all over a small diesel for a swap into smaller trucks.
In Europe I believe the large Transit uses a 4 cylinder Diesel ...about 2.2 liters, assuming it is a turbo. In North America..prob. will offer a gas engine and I would be surprised if they don't offer a turbo diesel...prob. the Euro, not North American one.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...jY5y3Q&cad=rja
Old 12-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Senior User

They don't look that bad! I mean I wouldn't buy one because I dont need a van, but I like it better than the Ecolines, especially the new Ecolines.

1997 F-250 Heavy Duty, extended cab, long bed.
XLT 4x4, 4.10 limited slip, 7.3L PowerStroke, E4OD.

"Smells like freedom"
Old 12-15-2011, 10:47 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > 2014+ Transit

Tags
bring, chassis, coming, connect, euro, ford, fords, full, fullsize, offer, size, transit, transits, us, usa