Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Junior User

stubborn66 is starting off with a positive reputation.
methanol

Hi
I am looking for a supply of methanol and what the going price is. The only place a found wants $2.65 a gallon, is that reasonable? I am in Northeast Pa.
I looked at some of the older post on here and they seem to be from out west. Thanks
Old 02-17-2011, 11:39 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
I'm currently paying $1.56/ gallon here in Oregon. A lot depends on quantity. I buy 2-300 gallons at a time so my cost is low...

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 02-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Senior User

Tom D is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn66 View Post
Hi
I am looking for a supply of methanol and what the going price is. The only place a found wants $2.65 a gallon, is that reasonable? I am in Northeast Pa.
I looked at some of the older post on here and they seem to be from out west. Thanks
That's pretty good. My last barrel (9/10) was $175. That's $3.18 gal. I'm located in Central Florida.
Tom
Old 02-19-2011, 11:51 PM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
Would agree that is pretty reasonable for smaller amounts. My last batch was $4.02 / gallon, but usually get it during the summer for $2.16. I get 5 gallon pails. Watch the quality, the more expensive stuff I got was not as good as the cheaper, which I got East River this summer. Good Methanol will have a fairly violent reaction when making Methoxide, and will generate a good amount of heat. The lesser quality has a much less violent reaction...
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
2002 TDI New Beetle - also likes Bio.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:40 AM
Senior User

natew is starting off with a positive reputation.
Where in the heck are you getting meth. that cheap?? I live in portland oregon and would love to know. Im currently paying over $3 gallon.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Junior User

stubborn66 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I can get it by the drum in NE PA for that price. Look at some of the other posts because I thought it was cheaper out west.

Tracy
Old 03-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
Just got another pail for $2.74 / gallon today.
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
2002 TDI New Beetle - also likes Bio.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:43 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
methanol, northeast, pennsylvania