1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the scoop on aftermarket mods to increase MPG?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 06:40 AM
butchoh
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems that quit a few people have some sort of aftermarket chip in the 'puter of their PS pickup. I have heard all kinds of claims from laughers to could be true. I don't need any more power but claims of increased milage are of interest now with last fill up $1.89. I have also looked at aftermaket stuff like exhaust modifications and turbo mods. The pay back hasn't added up so far but the prospect of $2.00 fuel lessens the pay back time too. figuring 40,000 miles per year, are their any modifications that are proven to actually pay for themselves in fuel savings?
P.S. I have my new brake rotor kits on order, thanks a bunch guys!

Old 03-12-2003, 11:17 AM
bddo
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do a search in this forum, as well as the Diesel forum, you will find a ton of threads discussing modifications and how they affect MPG. It is a debate that will never end. You really just have to determine how much money you can spend on specific mods, i.e. chip, programmer, exhaust, etc..., and go from there.

Old 03-12-2003, 11:33 AM
nafzimo
Posting Guru

The best, most cost effective mod for mpg's is an egg. You can buy them by the dozen and cost is next to nothing. Place one between your foot and the go pedal, and try not to break it. If it breaks, you still have 11 more. Try again.

Matt

Old 03-12-2003, 11:45 AM
bddo
Senior User

Originally posted by nafzimo
The best, most cost effective mod for mpg's is an egg. You can buy them by the dozen and cost is next to nothing. Place one between your foot and the go pedal, and try not to break it. If it breaks, you still have 11 more. Try again.

Matt

Old 03-12-2003, 12:38 PM
butchoh
New User

New to this site and have not figured out the search yet. Guess I should spend some time trying to figure it out. Have to agree with the egg deal.

Old 03-12-2003, 01:30 PM
haroutd
Posting Guru
Location: I'm lost somewhere in NJ -- can someone please find me?!?!?!?

Originally posted by butchoh
New to this site and have not figured out the search yet. Guess I should spend some time trying to figure it out. Have to agree with the egg deal.
The search button is at the top of the screen. There's a horizontal line of buttons up top; user cp, register, calendar, members, faq, search, home. Click on it, and it launches the search screen. That's pretty much self explanatory. If you have problems, let me know and I'll see if I can't help.

By the way -- how rude of me not to have said this earlier. WELCOME TO FTE!!! We're a little on the crazy side here, but if that doesn't scare you then you should fit in well here.