Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: tojoski

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Diesel Junky
1953 Ford F-100

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
I'm hungry, what's for supper?

Hi guys, I know all of you married gents out there probably don't have a lot of say so when it comes to the local menu, but us singles have to do it all. So, with all of that said, what's on the menu lately? Favorites?
Right now I have some boneless pork country style ribs in the slow cooker with mushroom gravy, gonna serve it over wild rice.
some of my other staples are: steak, potatoes cooked any way, venison stew, lots of dishes containing chicken, and of course Mac-n-cheese
I'll add a few more as I think of them.

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

Lincoln Town Car front clip

5 cyl Mercedes turbo diesel/auto

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:51 PM
FTE Chapter Leader
2001 Ford F-250
My Garage

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
hmm..

There's always the floured and fried pork chops, then gravy made out of the pan crunchies..(is that the term? lol), mashed potatoes and then some green veggie..

If you want something truly sinful, I can get you a recipe for pasta Alfredo that literally is to die for... butter, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, milk and garlic. (yes this stuff must be 90% cholesterol)

Just pan fried pork tenderloin is one of our favorites. Over the weekend we tried a recipe with pork and apple slices.. not too crazy about that, a little too sweet for my tastes.

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 02-16-2011, 04:56 AM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

Old_Crow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
We've been doing a pretty good chili lately. A pound of ground venison, a pound of Italian sausage, a couple of cans of whatever beans happen to be in the cupboard(black, pinto, or kidney), a can of Rotel-like tomatoe sauce and various spices. Serve topped with onions, sour cream and cheese.
Yeah, I know some people don't think beans belong in chili. I ain't one of 'em.
Owner, Vince's Vintage Vehicles. Restoration in the Ozarks.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Diesel Junky
1953 Ford F-100

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
Yeah, I know some people don't think beans belong in chili. I ain't one of 'em.
Hey to me it ain't chili without beans
Still trying to figure out how to cook for just one, I mean leftovers are good, once, then the dog usually ends up with the remains.
Joe, I can tell you like to eat and it sounds like you really don't care what the consequences are. Most of the time I cook for taste, if it's good for you, it seldom tastes good. I don't fry a lot of foods, most are either grilled or baked, but that fried pork chop is to die for.
To expand on the menu:
Thin sliced steak fingers floured and fried, gravy made from the drippings, mashed potatoes and pinto beans with jalepeno peppers.
Ribeye steak grilled medium rare, baked potato/sour cream and some grilled asparagus on the side.
Red beans and rice with thick slices of smoked sausage.
Pinto beans with a slice of salt pork served over cornbread and southern fried taters on the side.
Hmmm... I'm gonna have to quit before I make myself hungry again

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Old School
1962 Ford F-100

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Ah!! Swanson works for me.

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it

Old 02-16-2011, 12:59 PM
FTE Chapter Leader
2001 Ford F-250
My Garage

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechmagcn View Post
Joe, I can tell you like to eat and it sounds like you really don't care what the consequences are.
It's a bad habit I'm trying to break,

- My Garage -

Old 02-28-2011, 10:31 PM
FTE Chapter Leader
2001 Ford F-250
My Garage

I made a pretty mean meatloaf over the weekend.. 1lb ground beef, 1/2 pound hot pork sausage, onion soup mix, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup crumbled ritz crackers, 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese.. and your choice of ketchup / steak sauce for a glaze..

Whooda thunk it? Me a meatloaf kinda guy.. hey atleast its low carb

- My Garage -

Old 03-01-2011, 07:22 AM
Diesel Junky
1953 Ford F-100

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoski View Post
Whooda thunk it? Me a meatloaf kinda guy.. hey atleast its low carb
Sounds good Joe, I love a good meatloaf

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

Old_Crow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sounds good. Next time add some chopped onions and maybe some mushroom slices too.
Owner, Vince's Vintage Vehicles. Restoration in the Ozarks.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Postmaster
2004 Ford F-250
My Garage

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
My wife makes two different casserole type dishes that I can't keep my hands off...

(A)Tater-Tot casarole...(from bottom to top) a 1Ib of hamburger, chopped onion (they can be omitted if you don't like onions) can of cream of mushroom, sliced cheese (pepperjack is great) and tater-tots. The original recipe called for raw meat...and you had to cook it for something like 45 minutes. We cook/brown the meat in a separate skillet...thus it's ready in 12-15 (how ever long the tots need)

(B)Chessey Chicken casserole...made with crush Doritos for a crust, sliced chicken breast, Rotel and cheddar cheese. I don't remember exactly how she puts it together...but I know EXACTLY how to take it apart. I'll try to remember to ask here for details...good stuff if your in the mood for TexMex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoski View Post
1lb ground beef, 1/2 pound hot pork sausage, onion soup mix, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup crumbled ritz crackers, 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese.. and your choice of ketchup / steak sauce for a glaze..
Interesting...going to have to try that one time to see how it works out. We usually mix half Ritz (generic brand) crackers and oatmeal when we have it at the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechmagcn View Post
Sounds good Joe, I love a good meatloaf
Who doesn't like meatloaf? Ranks up there with apple pie; the world would be lost without it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
Sounds good. Next time add some chopped onions and maybe some mushroom slices too.
Now there's an idea...mushrooms! We already put onions...against the wishes of the kids...into our meatloaf. Good stuff Maynard!
2004 F250 6.0L 2WD CC "Pavement Princess"
2007 Monaco Starwood SL 31BHD
2012 Focus SEL (Wife's ride)
Old 03-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Diesel Junky
1953 Ford F-100

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhilton View Post
We usually mix half Ritz (generic brand) crackers and oatmeal
I usually use seasoned bread crumbs in mine, or if I don't have those, some crutons crushed is the same.

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Diesel Junky
1953 Ford F-100

Tonights menu: Salmon fillets, seasoned with herb and spice blend. Asparagus, seasoned with pepper and garlic salt. Sweet corn on the cob, salted and buttered, wrapped in foil. All grilled to perfection.
Tomorrow: Grilled pork chops, mac-n-cheese and probably a can of beans.

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 03-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Postmaster
2004 Ford F-250
My Garage

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
Mmm, tater-tot casserole for dinner. If I only had my wife's upside-down cake for dinner I'd have it made.
2004 F250 6.0L 2WD CC "Pavement Princess"
2007 Monaco Starwood SL 31BHD
2012 Focus SEL (Wife's ride)
Old 03-30-2011, 05:05 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter

Tags
hungry, im, supper, whats