6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

2008/2011 Center console swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:32 PM
KREECH
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008/2011 Center console swap

My 2008 center jump seat/console broke. Part of the hinge snapped off the lid and the pivot rattles and squeaks. It's terrible.

I'm in the market for a 2008 floor center console for tan camel leather interior. I like storage. They occasionally pop up on ebay and cost a fortune. So if I'm going to spend a fortune, I might as well get the best bang for my buck.

I start googling, and I see the 2011 center consoles. They have six cupholders. 6 is greater than 4. Gray looks good up against tan. I'm starting to like these things.

I stole this pic from another thread.

The million dollar question is are they a direct replacement? They butt up to the dash and probably require brackets to bolt to the floor. I probably have an equal chance at snagging a 2011 console as I do a 2008, but people customize/wreck/make bad decisions all the time.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:16 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,414 Likes on 1,009 Posts
A few of talked about the swap but no one has done it yet that I know of...let me know if you do I'd be interested is how it turns out.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:08 AM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
You would be better off sticking with an 08 console at this point. I have yet to see any of the '11 consoles used, and from what I have read on other sites from people who have priced out the parts for an '11 console, the parts alone are like $1,500-$1,700.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:22 PM
pitchblack777
New User
SWAP

KREECH,

I have an 08 F450 with Tan/Camel interior and center console. I'm wanting to swap my console for a jump-seat since I have a family of six. How much do you think it would be to fix yours?

Old 03-21-2011, 07:58 PM
whporwil
Senior User
I bought mine on Ebay for a 100 bucks but it had a plastic top that would match your dash and I did have to buy the mounting brackets from my dealer. My new truck has leather with the console and has more up keep than my old one. You can also find the jump seat on Ebay for not much money, but there costly to ship.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:50 PM
HD87Sportster
Freshman User
I'd be interested in seeing how this turns out as well. I've got the 08, Camel leather interior with the jump seat & fold down console, storage, useless cupholder thingy. Kinda started looking on ebay for a Camel / Tan console. From what I can see, deeper storage and maybe (???) useful cup-holders.
Looks better too!

Sportster
...movin an groovin

Old 03-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Ian123
Posting Guru
I will never understand why people buy a lariat and get a bench seat in the front instead of the center console. It makes it look like a work truck not a luxury one, unless of course you happen to have 6 people in your family.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:09 AM
whporwil
Senior User
Originally Posted by Ian123
I will never understand why people buy a lariat and get a bench seat in the front instead of the center console. It makes it look like a work truck not a luxury one, unless of course you happen to have 6 people in your family.

Mine has the console but there have been times when I wish it had a bench so 3 couples could travel together. Personally I would rather not have leather but that's the way the truck was sitting on the lot.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:19 AM
pitchblack777
New User
HD87Sportster,

If you want the center console for your jump seat I'll swap you. My console is in mint condition. There are two very nice cup holders, a huge storage and internal removable tray. I agree it is a lot nicer than the jumpseat but safety is first and kids are only getting bigger. I had to do the same swap on my 03 F250 so that I had enough room for my wife and four kids when we pull the RV... Just let me know sir.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:20 AM
HD87Sportster
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Ian123
For me - it was the way the truck sat on the lot. That and they met my price point. Just like my bikes - when they're in my garage, I'll customize and modify. The truck was damn close to what I wanted overall so I jumped on it. If I can pick up a good semi-used console on ebay for a couple hundred, cool.

Sportster
...but that's just me

Old 03-23-2011, 11:27 PM
KREECH
Freshman User
Here's an update.

Gave up on the 2011 dream. However, I searched eBay and found a mislabeled center console for cheap. It was for a "Super Dty" and not labeled for an F250 or F350. Take my advice, give up on finding a tan leather one. The charcoal top looks great because it matches the dash and the armrests in the Lariat (and the sides are tan as well). The top is rubberized so I can rest my blackberry on there while driving. Another piece of advice, get a console that has the cup holders on the back. It's a must have for a crew cab.

Install was super easy. New brackets pop right in. There's a plug for the power hiding under your carpet. I didn't even take my front seats completely out. Sorry, no pics of the install. You don't need to see what lurks beneath the seats of a work truck.

Height is similar. It sits further forward in the cab so that the back seat seems roomier. There is more space between the seat and the console, so if you were in a state like Texas you could put your Sig Sauer P220 in a holster and wedge it comfortably by your side.

And my jump seat is up for grabs. You pay for the box and shipping and I get space in my garage back. The lid has a plastic hinge that is broken but still functional. No scuffs, tears, or stains. You may have seen better, but you've never seen free'er.

And to conclude, I have 8 cupholders, 4 power outlets, and 5 seats.

/Winning

Old 03-24-2011, 03:06 PM
whporwil
Senior User
I forgot, if you happen to have a manual transmission you can't use the console.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:25 PM
HD87Sportster
Freshman User
I'm good there, auto on the tree. Both my wife and I commented on how a deeper center console would be VERY nice to store "stuff" (KelTecs, Walther's, etc) No more stuff slippin tween the bottom of the arm rest and the top of the seat too.

Sportster
...on the hunt

Old 04-26-2011, 09:38 PM
HD87Sportster
Freshman User
Originally Posted by pitchblack777
HD87Sportster,

If you want the center console for your jump seat I'll swap you. My console is in mint condition. There are two very nice cup holders, a huge storage and internal removable tray. I agree it is a lot nicer than the jumpseat but safety is first and kids are only getting bigger. I had to do the same swap on my 03 F250 so that I had enough room for my wife and four kids when we pull the RV... Just let me know sir.
I'd be interested in takin a look at swappin it out.
Shoot me a message and I'll post some pics of my jump seat if you haven't moved on it.

Sportster
...resurrecting an old thread

Old 06-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Superdutylover85
New User
I have a tan camel jumpseat, does anyone want to swap for a center console piece?

Quick Reply: 2008/2011 Center console swap