2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

ANZO Headlights and Taillights for 2017+ Super Duty

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 11:31 AM
09f250v10
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ANZO Headlights and Taillights for 2017+ Super Duty

I wanted to start a thread to see if anyone else knew about the headlights ANZO will be releasing soon for the 2017+ Superduty. I first saw them when I searched for 2017 Sema Superduty headlights, and the Power Automedia video popped up interviewing an Anzo (likely memorized a script) rep about the upcoming products. I will say that normally I do not care for aftermarket headlights due to most of them being too gawdy with the randomly placed led's, offset projectors, small (foglight sized) projectors, and over the top designs. And companies like Recon want 600-800ish dollars for lights like what I just described.
However, Anzo appears to be going in the direction of a cleaner, more sophisticated look with their lights and figured others on here could appreciate the new design as well. I emailed ANZO yesterday with no response in regards to release date, but noticed that today they updated their website with an advertisement showing that they are in production, to be released in spring of 2018. I am very interested seeing as how this route will likely be less than half of the price than the OEM led conversion while (in my personal opinion) looking just as good if not better than the factory leds. What I mean by that is the running light dual-C design is more appealing to me, and the fact that they are switchback. Also, the running lights are a bright, uniform glow, rather than being able to see individual led bulbs. As far as light performance, I have no doubt that the factory leds will still outperform, BUT, many have bought the comperable F-150 anzo headlights and installed select led bulbs in them with great light output/pattern results. I also like the fact that the housings are semi-gloss black, to get rid of some of the chrome. Figured I'd spread the word in case anyone hadn't heard about these yet.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:23 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
I was just looking at these today because AutoAnything has them at like $500 on sale, but they only showed pictures of the F150 lights (which look pretty awesome themselves).

Interested to see some more pics of them. I agree, the dual C's look a lot better imo.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:36 PM
itzwolf
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do think they look pretty nice with the dual C's but I am always weary of aftermarket housings because they are no where near OEM quality. Hazed over headlights that hold moisture drive me crazy..

Old 11-29-2017, 01:22 PM
09f250v10
Senior User
Originally Posted by itzwolf
I do think they look pretty nice with the dual C's but I am always weary of aftermarket housings because they are no where near OEM quality. Hazed over headlights that hold moisture drive me crazy..
From what I’ve researched, it seems like Anzo is really focused on proper ventilation, not that you couldn’t still have issues but I think that’s mainly an issue on the cheaper aftermarket stuff. As far as hazing, I agree that the lens on aftermarket lights generally aren’t as durable. Like you, both of these things always worry me about aftermarket lighting but like I did with my last set of aftermarket lights (which were much cheaper than Anzos) I will take black silicone and “double seal” where the lens and housing meet then clean off the excess with a wet rag. You can’t even tell any sealer was added if you do it right and it ensures that they won’t leak. I also held off on installing the Xpel headlight protection film on my factory halogen housings because I’ll be installing them on the Anzo lights when I get them. That will solve any potential hazing/peeling issue they may or may not have.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:06 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by 09f250v10
From what I’ve researched, it seems like Anzo is really focused on proper ventilation
I don't think that's right. You dont want any ventilation at all in your housings. They should be completely sealed so moisture doesnt have anyway to get in. Using some RTV or silicone is a great idea, although the point made about hazing is a good one, no way to tell if they will haze over time. You can always polish them and bring them back to new, but that just kicks the can down the road a little bit.

I'll wait a while and see what real world reviews turn out to be.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:12 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Here's another photo...they actually look quite a bit better than the OEM leds imo. Hmm...

Old 11-29-2017, 04:33 PM
09f250v10
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tricon
I don't think that's right. You dont want any ventilation at all in your housings. They should be completely sealed so moisture doesnt have anyway to get in. Using some RTV or silicone is a great idea, although the point made about hazing is a good one, no way to tell if they will haze over time. You can always polish them and bring them back to new, but that just kicks the can down the road a little bit.

I'll wait a while and see what real world reviews turn out to be.
I’ve had 3 sets of aftermarket headlights that I can remember, one on my 2009 F250 and the other two on Silverados, all three sets were vented on the back side with similar vents. They were all rubber tubing in the shape of an L, pointing downward. Not sure if that’s all that the vents consisted of or if there was a heat relief valve or what. I’m not an expert on housing designs so I am going purely off of what I’ve had in the past. I would think that headlights would be completely sealed like you said, but on the other hand I could see how temperature changes within the headlight from bulb heat could need to be vented also.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:41 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
I've only dealt with retrofitting OEM housing. I know that every OEM housing I've ever touched needed to be baked in an oven for about 10-15 minutes to get the seals to melt enough so you could pull them apart. They were all air tight. And I know that if you did a crap job resealing them you would see condensation inside at the first sign of water.

So, we could both be right, I don't think I'd want a vented housing, but they may very well be a one way valve? I really dont think there's enough heat generated in a light housing to need venting though. Most of that with radiate right through the front polycarbonate.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:12 PM
honda250xtitan
Cargo Master
Received 382 Likes on 255 Posts
I've only dealt with retrofitting OEM housing. I know that every OEM housing I've ever touched needed to be baked in an oven for about 10-15 minutes to get the seals to melt enough so you could pull them apart. They were all air tight. And I know that if you did a crap job resealing them you would see condensation inside at the first sign of water.

So, we could both be right, I don't think I'd want a vented housing, but they may very well be a one way valve? I really dont think there's enough heat generated in a light housing to need venting though. Most of that with radiate right through the front polycarbonate.
the few OEM sets i've retrofitted did have some sort of vent system, it was like a black tape. But it was a big deal to seal them up correctly when re assembling so idk

those Anzo's look dope. Is Anzo in a different league then "spyder" and the other eBay **** thats out there? baking these OEM lights and throwing some Morimoto parts in there would be fun, and for 500$ you can do some trick one off ****. It'd be "lit" as the kids say....See what I did there

Old 11-29-2017, 05:16 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by honda250xtitan
the few OEM sets i've retrofitted did have some sort of vent system, it was like a black tape. But it was a big deal to seal them up correctly when re assembling so idk

those Anzo's look dope. Is Anzo in a different league then "spyder" and the other eBay **** thats out there? baking these OEM lights and throwing some Morimoto parts in there would be fun, and for 500$ you can do some trick one off ****. It'd be "lit" as the kids say....See what I did there
I just looked at their website and realized they are only a few miles from my house haha. I should go check em out. They talk a good game, Spyders are pretty much the reason I've said I'd never use an aftermarket housing, but the double C LED DRLs look awesome, and I really couldnt see any easy way of DIY'ing that.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:36 PM
09f250v10
Senior User
Originally Posted by honda250xtitan

From my experience in owning a set of Spyder headlights for my 09(which were junk) and being around friends with Anzo headlights in their F150s, the Anzo’s appear to be in a different league for the better. I actually got really close to getting a set of the Anzo U-bar headlights for my 16 because they had good reviews and they were the only ones in the aftermarket that weren’t ghetto fabulous. As far as retrofitting them, I was finding multiple people on YouTube who retrofitted Anzos with Morimoto projectors and what not, mostly the F150 guys. It’s very do-able.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:41 PM
honda250xtitan
Cargo Master
Received 382 Likes on 255 Posts
I just looked at their website and realized they are only a few miles from my house haha. I should go check em out. They talk a good game, Spyders are pretty much the reason I've said I'd never use an aftermarket housing, but the double C LED DRLs look awesome, and I really couldnt see any easy way of DIY'ing that.
Yea I agree. Any of those LED strips are a PITA IMO. the double sided tape they come with isn't enough. Clear fishing line looks like garbage (it did on mine if you got close enough)

Originally Posted by 09f250v10
From my experience in owning a set of Spyder headlights for my 09(which were junk) and being around friends with Anzo headlights in their F150s, the Anzo’s appear to be in a different league for the better. I actually got really close to getting a set of the Anzo U-bar headlights for my 16 because they had good reviews and they were the only ones in the aftermarket that weren’t ghetto fabulous. As far as retrofitting them, I was finding multiple people on YouTube who retrofitted Anzos with Morimoto projectors and what not, most the F150 guys. It’s very do-able.
Lots of Titan guys buy "depo" OEM style lights and cook them and add some projectors. The eBay projectors for titans like spyder are the definition of ghetto fabulous....but lets face it, 90% of titans on the road are ghetto fabulous, especially 1st gens.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:57 PM
VoodooRob
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really like the design of these headlights, hopefully they come out with taillights too.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:59 PM
09f250v10
Senior User
Originally Posted by VoodooRob
Really like the design of these headlights, hopefully they come out with taillights too.
They are, I’ll try to get a picture of them. They look just as good as the headlights.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:39 PM
TufLuk13
Senior User
I have limited experience with Anzo lights and a little more with GoRecon lights. I haven't had much luck with any aftermarket headlights staying condensation free. My taillights from GoRecon have always been perfect. The one experience I had with Anzo was both the headlights and taillights had reflectors inside and would break and fall inside the housing after some use on a buddies truck.

Our OEM headlights I believe cost well over 2000 dollars. These after market lights are only 500 dollars for a reason. I would suggest retrofitting your OEM headlights. Precision Retrofits does a dual projector set up like pictured above. They can custom paint them any color to match your vehicle or give it a two tone. You keep your really nice headlights this way and get the custom look for not much more than these aftermarket Chinese built lights.

Just my opinion but wanted to provide other options for those looking to modify their lights.

Quick Reply: ANZO Headlights and Taillights for 2017+ Super Duty