Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2011, 10:10 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Gary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud of
Meet/greet in Skiatook?

Hello. Let me intro myself: I've been a member of FTE since July as that's when I bought an '82 F150 which needed a LOT of work. I've been active in that forum and have just asked to join this chapter as of today.

I've come to know some of you, such as Rogue Wolf, Uncle Meat, and Okiepc1 via posting back and forth. So, it occurred to me that I'd like to meet those of you I've been chatting with. Given that I'm planning a meet/greet at my shop(see link below to my web site) in early March - when the weather gets much better, I hope. Since I've been conversing w/the '80-'86 forum members, that's the main target. However, this isn't exclusive so any of you would be more than welcome.

As the date hasn't been selected, I'd like to hear from you as to what interest you'd have in doing this as well as what days might be most convenient for you.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Posting Guru

jwtimme is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
there are several people on here that live in the owasso area, I live in sapulpa. As long as I don't have a race on that weekend I would like to come to a meet and greet. My truck is a 72 hope that dosent matter. Its somewhat nice looking when I get it cleaned up. I have been driving ti the past few days and it looks like hell. Nothing a good bath wont take care of. Let us know when you set a date.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:55 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Gary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud of
jwtimme - I'll count you as coming, but understand that could change when we pick a date. Do you know when your races are? Day of the week?

As for your '72, that doesn't matter at all. In fact, I'm kinda partial to that year as that was my first truck. Bought a new '72 F250 Explorer w/a 390 and C6. Oddly enough, my 2nd truck, the '82 I now have, is an Explorer package as well.

Anyway, thanks for your response. I'm trying to get a handle on how many might could come and what days are best for them. Hopefully anyone else that is interested will chime in as well to help with the planning.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Post Fiend

Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
Small world. I'm in Sapulpa too......
I'm guessing that's your red mustang on the shelf behind Earl's (J&E) parts counter?
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
1995 Mazda B2300 (undercover Ford)
Old 02-12-2011, 05:30 AM
Posting Guru

March 5 is my chassis certification day for the race car then Races are April 2-3 and 23.

Rogue Yes that would be my mustang behind the counter at what used to be Earl's. I hated to see him get out I ordered most my rebuild stuff from him, but I hope to see more of him at the track now that he donsen't work on satudays.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Post Fiend

Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
What? Earl left the business? Must be a newer development, as it hasn't been that long since I went it and saw him...

Gary, still no dates released for autocross. The season usually starts in early April, but occasionally they will try to squeeze in a March date, sometimes with rather frigid results......
Hopefully, the schedual will be published soon.
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
Old 02-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Posting Guru

Yea he closed his doors back on December 11. I have not talked to him since chrismas but I think he is just cooling his heels for right now. I'm shure he has been tinkering with his car and I'm shure that he has a few more honey doo since he has some time on his hands.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Post Fiend

Wow, 2 months ago, and I never noticed. The bad thing is, I live very close to the store.... I just tend to go a different way most of the time. How the heck did I miss that when paying my water bill???????
Has it really been more than 2 months since I bought the ATF I just added today?? Guess I won't be getting the pan gasket/filter and ATF for my C6 from there, afterall.......

This news is almost as unexpected as hearing about Toly's accident.
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
Old 02-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Post Fiend

Looks like March 27th and April 16/17 are out for me. Still no official schedual, but I was told by a highly informed source that these dates are most likely going to be autocross dates.
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
Old 02-14-2011, 09:29 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

RW & JW - Well, it sounds like either March 12th or the 19th would fit the schedules for both of you. Right?

Anyone else have a conflict? Anyone else out there? Hello?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis View Post
RW & JW - Well, it sounds like either March 12th or the 19th would fit the schedules for both of you. Right?

Anyone else have a conflict? Anyone else out there? Hello?
As far as I know, those dates would work for me. Mother Nature might have different plans, though......
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
Old 02-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Posting Guru

those dates look good to me. Hopefully some more people will see this.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Hiya Gary. Thanks for the invite. Count me in, if both my bosses let me go?....lol. If my wife doesn't have any conflicting things goin on, and if my job doesn't keep me tied up on that weekend.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 02-16-2011, 08:56 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Cigarxtc - Sounds good.

All - At this point there are 4 that have confirmed: Rogue Wulff; Uncle Meat; jwtimme; and cigarxtc. While I don't need exact numbers, I do need to plan ahead to some extent, so please let me know if you are interested. And, if you know people who may have missed this but would be interested, please let them know.

At this point I'm thinking we'll start around 1:00 on either the 12th or 19th and go however long we want to. I'll have Cokes, Sprite, water, coffee, etc. And, we can run the trucks in and put them on the lift to look them over. And, if you have short jobs to do on them while on the lift, such as an oil change, maybe we could do that as well.

So, beyond the four, if you are interested please let me know. And, if one of those dates works better for you let me know that as well.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Posting Guru

Gary did you ever decide on the date yet.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:20 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter

Tags
gary, lewis, oklahoma, tulsa