Old 02-09-2011, 06:13 PM
AstroFab
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
351w/C6/Speed Parts

Category: Engine - Complete Motors
Price: $1250
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (you may select multiples): Accord, CRX & pre '92 Civic, '92+ Civic/EL & Del Sol, '06+ Civic/CSX, Prelude, Fit, S2000, CL, TL & Vigor, Hybrids
Item Condition: TX
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped
Engine: Part suitable for gas truck

Got some parts I was going to install on my 351w, but I've decided to do a diesel conversion, so I'm selling everything related to the 351w.

Selling everything as a package deal. Might part it out, but looking to unload everything at once first...

1983 351w, complete running truck engine. Non-roller. Bone Stock, Complete as can be, as pulled from truck. Has blown head gasket or cracked head. Runs great, but water leaks into one of the cylinders, and the coolant is foamy while running. Doesn't run hot, oil pressure is good, no smoke. 77k miles. Includes All accessories, AC/Power Steering/Smog/Alternator/Water Pump, all pullies, belts, everything will be included. This is a great engine to put some better heads on and make some power. Still in the truck, hear it run. I'll cut the driveshaft in half when I remove it, and you can have the front half for the yoke/u-joint if you'd like.

C6, 3spd Automatic Transmission. Needs seals front & rear as it drips when parked at an angle. Shifts great, 77k, still in truck (same vehicle as above).

Go-Fast parts included, but not installed:
Edelbrock Performer Aluminum Intake Manifold. Used, Great condition. Needs a run through a blast cabinet. (costs $200 new)
Holley 650cfm Carburetor, Used, Great condition. Should probably have a rebuild kit installed prior to using. (costs $350 new)
HEI Distributor, No-Name Brand. Very easy 1-wire hookup. NEW IN BOX. (costs $175 new)
Comp Cams Xtreme Energy Cam & Lifter Set, NEW IN BOX. (costs $180 new)
Comp Cams Double Roller Timing Chain, NEW IN BOX. (costs $35 new)
Dynomax Shorty Headers, used, in great shape. For Fox-Body Mustang, but will work on the truck with custom exhaust. (costs $175 new)
Fabricated Aluminum Valve Covers, NEW IN BOX. (costs $130 new)
(That's $1,245.00 worth of speed parts, and you don't have to pay shipping or taxes!)

Might be some other parts I'm forgetting. I bought all of these parts over a year ago, but have been to busy to install them, then found out about the cracked head/blown gasket issue. I was hunting for some D0OE or GT40P heads, but never found the right pair of heads, so I decided to go with a diesel conversion. Come out, see all the parts, hear the engine run, hell take it around the block.

If I pull the engine/trans, it's $1250.00 for everything listed above. That's like buying all the parts new, and getting a free complete 351w and C6!
If YOU pull the engine/trans, it's $1000 for everything listed above. Save yourself $250. I'll supply air/electricity, you supply tools/crane/labor/etc.

No pictures. If you've read this far, you know what the parts look like. Serious inquires only, don't waste my time. I've tried to be as descriptive as I can, but if you have any questions, please PM me. No, I won't take pictures. I don't even have a camera.

Everything is located at my shop in San Marcos, TX, about a mile from I-35.

**Might consider trade for 94-97 5.9 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine, or a complete Chevy LS 5.3/6.0 Engine**