Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

Old 11-24-2014, 06:46 PM
How-Tos on this Topic

Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Senior User

Airslot is starting off with a positive reputation.
Stereo wiring harness colors

Can someone confirm if this is correct? Appears to be for Excursions at least 2000-02?

2000 Ford Excursion Car Stereo Wiring Schematic
Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Light Green/Violet
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Black/Pink
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Light Blue/Black
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange/Light Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue/White
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green/Orange
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): White/Light Green
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Gray/Light Blue
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Tan/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange/Red
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Pink

Old 02-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Senior User

Eric H has a good reputation on FTE.Eric H has a good reputation on FTE.
Not sure- I've always used a harness so I don't have to cut the stock wires.

Usually the12volt.com has accurate info- I'd check there.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Posting Guru

wallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud of
I think that info is from the 12volt forum.

Same info that I got form there. My stereo is due in on the 14th, so I can confirm a few days after for ya, that is if the weather cooperates. Hafta wire mine outside parked in the driveway.
2002 Excursion, 4x4, V-10, XLT, RS9000 shocks, true trac diff, 08 alum diff cover, interior light delete, 08 power fold/xtend mirrors, KM2 tires, 5 Star tuned, front cryo powerslots with hawk pads, XRF ball joints. 50" front mounted LED bar, 10" reverse light LED bar. Banks stainless long tube headers and exhaust kit., front seat heaters.
2011 Expedition, Ltd Max, 4x4. 30" LED light bar, flip key fob, 9 passenger, more to come.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Senior User

TXSailor has a good reputation on FTE.TXSailor has a good reputation on FTE.
Airslot - PM me and i will send you the factory wiring ofr the 2002. It is also posted in my gallery but you may not be able to read it.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Freshman User

ddorband is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSailor View Post

Ford Harness connector

Use

Pin
Color
ID

Lt Blu/Red

Illuination
BLK

Ground
Red/Blk

Ignition

blank
Org/Red

RR Speaker
Brn/Pnk

RR Speaker
Wht/Lt Grn

RF Speaker
Dk Grn/Org

RF Speaker
Lt Grn/Vio

Power
Blk/Pnl

Ignition
Blk/Lt Grn

Ground
Gry/Lt Blu

LR Speaker
Tan/Yel

LR Speaker
Org/Lt Grn

LF Speaker
Lt Blu/Wht

LF Speaker
Blk/Lt Grn

Ground

Just leave your RICP (Rear Console Control Panel) plugged in and you may be ok for the Rear speakers. Worse case is some jumpers in the connector of the RICP. Like I said, if you PM me with an e-mial address, I'll send you the wiring diagram.

BTW - The speaker wires are in the Passenger Front Foot well (Right side) and not the Drivers side.

As far as the Steering Wheel controls, Pin 14 of the 20 pin Ford connector ( that plugs into the back of the Ford CD/Radio) goes to the Steering Wheel Controls. It is a Lt Blue/Red wire. Connect it to Key 1 (Red wire or #9 on your radio diagram. You will probably have to ground the other radio Steering Wheel control wire ( #12 or Key 2). According to the manual on my radio (which showed up yesterday), these may need to be reversed to work.

I did power up my radio and check all the functions and everything works. Just need to mount it in the EX

Dw
TXSailor posted this on a different thread, it is what I used when I did my install of an aftermarket head unit a few weeks ago. I found that it matched my Ex (2002 7.3 Limited) perfectly. There is also an additional plug in the back of your stock head unit, my understanding is that is primarily for the rear audio controls, and steering wheel controls, which I do not believe you have in a 2000. My new head unit did not have the ability to have a separate rear zone, so all I used out of that harness was the Lt Blue/Red wire for the steering wheel controls.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:26 PM
New User

BigDirty is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question about radio install

Hi. Could you send me a picture of the wiring scheme for the steering controls? I have an 03 Ex and bought an aftermarket Chinese double din stereo. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:18 PM
New User

croper21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddorband View Post
TXSailor posted this on a different thread, it is what I used when I did my install of an aftermarket head unit a few weeks ago. I found that it matched my Ex (2002 7.3 Limited) perfectly. There is also an additional plug in the back of your stock head unit, my understanding is that is primarily for the rear audio controls, and steering wheel controls, which I do not believe you have in a 2000. My new head unit did not have the ability to have a separate rear zone, so all I used out of that harness was the Lt Blue/Red wire for the steering wheel controls.
can i get the wiring diagram for this please
Old 12-01-2013, 07:18 PM