Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

sync is awful

Old 01-21-2015, 07:47 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Lariat
Thanks for the phonebook cleanup tips, but am already doing the lastname/firstname bit. With regard to the volume, I have business requirements for dozens of contacts in my GMAIL and these automatically replicate to my smartphone, so doesn't help me. Thanks anyway, but I would take the view that this "safety" feature should have an off switch for business users.
You're welcome. If you're interested in catching the attention of Ford's Product Development Team members, they are always looking for new ideas from other owners at: https://social.ford.com/content/ford...home-page.html Log in and post your suggestions and feedback if you haven't already done so.

Originally Posted by PrinceValium
I myself am not all that impressed with the MyFordTouch system in regards to syncing to a phone particularly playing music. There are lots of little bugs and querks about it that make it very annoying to play music seemlessly. Just yesterday all of a sudden the volume on all my songs being played via usb were sort of muted. I checked tthe settings on the screen and the volume compensation was sttill set at 7. Unplugging it and plugging it back in yielded no change. (and no the songs themeselves were not bad recordings)

There have also been times when connecting my phone via usb it shows it is filing or categorizing the hone again for awhile and at times absolutely will not play music. So I have to go to my phone and highlight the music icon and start playing music from the phone. Well you would think you could then control it from the stering wheel and there are times when that is not the case.

I do not like using bluetooth to play music because it will immediately start playing music as soon as it detects your phone. (sometimes that is not bad but if you don't have it plugged in it will obviously drain your phone battery) Of course I have done a master reset on this system already and these issues still exist.

Other things like the ambient lighting constantly resetting itself to the blue default color is very annoying. It is like this system has hiccups all the time. I have honestly gottten intto the truck and thought I wonder what it will be today with Sync.
Which type of phone are you connecting, PrinceValium? I'd like to provide you with some tips!

Your dealership is in the best position to address the ambient lighting issue. The next time you're in for service, be sure to bring it to their attention.

Kim

Old 01-24-2015, 06:39 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Y
Which type of phone are you connecting, PrinceValium? I'd like to provide you with some tips!

Your dealership is in the best position to address the ambient lighting issue. The next time you're in for service, be sure to bring it to their attention.

Kim
I am using an iPhone 5.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:02 AM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry for this tangent, but after reading through this I realized Shotgunz hasn't been around in a while. Anybody know where Mr Charlie got to? Been over 2 years

Old 01-25-2015, 06:23 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PrinceValium
I am using an iPhone 5.
Make sure you're running the latest version of software. Log in at: SYNC Technology | SYNC Support | Ford.com to see if any updates are available.

Not all devices will automatically begin streaming music via Bluetooth when initially connected. This seems to be device dependent. If the music begins automatically playing from the iTunes app, try closing this app completely when you're done using it. I'm no iPhone pro, but I believe this is done by pressing the MENU button twice then swiping up on the iTunes app.

Also check the settings of your MyFord Touch system. Press the 2 gears at the bottom of your display, then press SETTINGS, then MEDIA PLAYER, then switch the AUTOPLAY setting to OFF.

You'll find more helpful troubleshooting tips listed at this page as well: Troubleshooting Tips for SYNC with MyFord Touch | MyFord Touch | Ford.com

Kim

Old 01-27-2015, 06:27 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Old 01-28-2015, 11:18 AM
SBV45
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have Sync on both my Explorer and my F-150. I did a master reset on both when I got them because both were previously owned vehicles.

Both work pretty good. I have Samsung android phones. Mine has been rooted and a custom ROM installed. Both phones work good in both vehicles.

I had to get an update from my dealer on the F-150 because of phone and GPS problems but works fine now. I like it for hands free. You need to speak clearly to it with no background noise. Otherwise it will give you a bunch of options none of which I want.
The map database for the GPS is outdated. $150 for the map update is pretty steep.

1/30/2015 I put some new tires on the truck yesterday and had the TCM updated for the new tire size. The My Ford Touch GPS showed me being about .5 mi off my actual location for the entire trip until I got home. Then the MyFord Touch GPS function showed me pretty close to my actual location. I will take it out today and compare the GPS with my hand-held GPS (DeLorme PN-60w SE) that I know to be accurate within 10'.

Last edited by SBV45; 01-30-2015 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Update