Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: archtaan

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Senior User

naiku is starting off with a positive reputation.
Anyone have a Timesert / Calvan 38900

My truck blew a plug yesterday, first one it has blown, and I half wonder if it was my fault (I changed plugs a couple months ago). Anyway, since it is a common problem, I am thinking of going ahead now and installing inserts on all 8 cylinders.

But, having to pay $250+ for a tool I am going to use once, is kind of hard to swallow. I don't know anyone else with the same engine, in any Ford vehicle.

So, does anyone here have either the Timesert or Calvan 38900 tool that I could borrow? I would be willing to give a deposit, or even pay a fee to use the tool. That way all I need is to order 8 inserts and be done.

I am located near Winchester, but travel daily to Culpeper for work. Hoping someone can help with a tool.

Thanks.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
Check in the 97-2003 Forum axman has a thread "is this any good" with a couple of links. Good luck
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 02-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Senior User

naiku is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLR View Post
Check in the 97-2003 Forum axman has a thread "is this any good" with a couple of links. Good luck
Just read that thread, they have the tool he links to in stock at my local store. Worth a try I guess, especially as I need the truck back on the road as of yesterday.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:06 AM