Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Start the ball rolling

Old 02-06-2011, 01:50 PM
patmedic
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Start the ball rolling

HI
I hope I am not breaking any rules or stepping on toes but I am going to throw something out there. So far on FTE I have noticed a great deal of participation from the folks here in Colorado and I would like to meet you all sometime soon. So I know my Slick is not ready and the weather is not the best and we all have schedules but how about a quick cup of coffee or something sometime. I understand travelling and time restraints. So lets put or heads together and find a place and time and see if we can make this happen. So far I have seen ,correct me if I am wrong, people living more in the Northern western part of the State I don't mind the drive North so anywhere is fine for me. If any one else is game please chime in with your ideas and thoughts. Thanks in advance

Old 02-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Weekends are better for me.

If you have to reschedule your trip for parts, I might be up for a junkyard meet-n-greet.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:38 PM
patmedic
Senior User
Hypoid : ya I decide that this weekend might be better the weather Tuesday and Wednesday looks like is going to be bad. I will PM you with my numbers do the same and times I can call you tomorrow and see if we can do the junk run. Would be great. And anyone else who reads this and want to join the fun PM Me . Thanks

Old 02-08-2011, 05:53 PM
HeeHaw78
Senior User
how far are you from grand junction pat?

Old 02-08-2011, 06:22 PM
patmedic
Senior User
HeeHaw Just googled it I am some what close to 5 hrs away from you in Grand Juction gunna have to plan a road trip up your way when the weather is better. How is your project comming along did you get that bed trade done?

Old 02-08-2011, 11:06 PM
HeeHaw78
Senior User
well project seems to be on a halt at the moment as weather kept me from my new bed. the guy who has it does not want to get out in the cold to let me see it and buy it but its the only one i can find in my price range, so i hope that Wednesday is going to be at least a touch bit warmer. really all he has to do is just point it out to me and i can take it from there, i do have to remove it first though so that might be a bit of a chilly task but i can manage. and yeah road trip would be awesome, if i make it up that way sometime ill give you a shout.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:03 PM
RIKIL
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
up there in Divide huh? Not a far trek to CoS. You fish?

Old 02-09-2011, 09:48 PM
patmedic
Senior User
I work in Monument I am down in the Springs all the time. Used to do the old bobber fishing but really want to try fly fishing, I have bought most of the stuff but have not been yet. Need to find a teacher. You figure living up in Divide I am so close to fishing I should go every day.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by patmedic
And anyone else who reads this and want to join the fun PM Me . Thanks
Looks like my bud wants to do the junkyard also. He used to have a '64 with a 292, we should have that sheet metal off in a short time.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:56 AM
patmedic
Senior User
Hypoid sounds great looking forward to it . looking at those pics I might just about take the whole front clip and if that tailgate is still there and good. That is just about all the metal I need and I can get started on the body work. I call ya later tonight. Thanks again

Old 02-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
I shoulda took more pictures...

The truck is useable as it sits, definitely better than most. I think someone had it as a project.

We're headed out for dinner. Calling after 6:00 would be fine.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:05 PM
patmedic
Senior User
Well Hypoid and I are meeting at the Upull and pay off Zeno in Aurora at 10:00 hrs Saturday morning and a little lunch afterwards( better known as a bull session) somewhere in Aurora if anyone wants to join us. PM me and I will send you my contact info.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Pack a change of clothes, it's looking pretty soggy here.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:53 PM
patmedic
Senior User
Back from the salvage run

Well we , Hypoid and his friend Joe, my brother and myself did great at the yard in Aurora today. I got the tailgate , air cleaner and the front grille.I still need the inner aprons and front fenders. Not sure what all Hypoid got.

Taking the front grille off was entertaining with the clip nuts breaking and spinning loose. We got lucky the radiator support was so badly rusted that a little in the field modification exposed the nuts to put vise grips on. Thanks Hypoid , Joe and Bud, maybe we can have a bigger showing next time and do something different. If anyone has any ideas don't hesitate to post it I am game for it.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
I just got in, but I have to run off again. I have a hot date with an old, married broad.

My report will have to wait.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Start the ball rolling