48/60 Forum Tips, Tricks, How To's! - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

48/60 Forum Tips, Tricks, How To's!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2012, 11:48 PM
Posting Guru

edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.
car show oee_2013 edsf100
Click the image to open in full size.

When I made plans to build my 1956 Ford F-100 I immediately knew that I wanted to have it roll on a combination of 18-inch front wheels and 20-inch billet wheels for the rear. I wasn’t targeting the pro-street look, but wanted a minimum of a 20 x 10 inch rim for the rear, which a couple of buddies told me was impossible to do on an F-100. (Read More)

www.edsf100.com
Old 10-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Elder User

vntgtrk is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsf100 View Post

When I made plans to build my 1956 Ford F-100 I immediately knew that I wanted to have it roll on a combination of 18-inch front wheels and 20-inch billet wheels for the rear. I wasn’t targeting the pro-street look, but wanted a minimum of a 20 x 10 inch rim for the rear, which a couple of buddies told me was impossible to do on an F-100. (Read More)
Definitely cool. Too bad I'm one of the budget conscious (poor) truck builders here
Old 11-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Freshman User

Tbuilder is starting off with a positive reputation.
Original Paint

Can you help me find a thread somewhere that helps me with the orginal paint schemes for detail parts? I have done the research to understand the standard exterior colors, the yellow for the engine on my 56, etc. Now I am down into the finer details, for example: 1) are the inner fenders black or body colors, 2) what color should all of the clutch and brake linkages be painted, 3) what color should brakelines be painted or not at all, what about all of the clips for different things - black or body color, etc.

I just can't find these details enywhere.

Thanks for all of your help. Great site!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:33 PM
New User

Bunny Blue 52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Info for newbies

Thanks for the sites...
Old 11-29-2014, 09:25 PM
New User

Mcmannisjr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looking for pics on using mid 60 s mustang tank in rear frame rails of 48-50 f 100 have 49 ready to make clean swap even if I gotta do some frame mods. Thanks
Old 11-29-2014, 10:36 PM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has a spectacular reputation.ALBUQ F-1 has a spectacular reputation.ALBUQ F-1 has a spectacular reputation.ALBUQ F-1 has a spectacular reputation.ALBUQ F-1 has a spectacular reputation.ALBUQ F-1 has a spectacular reputation.ALBUQ F-1 has a spectacular reputation.ALBUQ F-1 has a spectacular reputation.ALBUQ F-1 has a spectacular reputation.ALBUQ F-1 has a spectacular reputation.ALBUQ F-1 has a spectacular reputation.
Welcome to the forum, McMannis! You need to do an Advanced Search to find specific info like that. NOT the big Search box at the middle/top of the page, click on the smaller Search in the blue bar and it will drop down a dialog box with the option to do an Advanced Search. Put in the topic you want to search for, and limit the search to this forum (see below.
Attached Images

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" -- Hanlon's Razor
Old 03-20-2015, 10:48 AM
Still Learnin'

petemcl has a great reputation on FTE.petemcl has a great reputation on FTE.petemcl has a great reputation on FTE.petemcl has a great reputation on FTE.petemcl has a great reputation on FTE.
Emergency brake (park brake) system - F2

While trying to piece my ebrake system back together (yes, I forgot to take pictures before disassembly) I used pictures from many different posts from many of you posted over quite a few years to get the answers that I needed for the entire system. My thanks to all of you who have posted. I couldn't have done this without you.

This post is an attempt to put it all together into one post. I hope that it helps not only those of you restoring F2s but F1s, F3s, etc. as I believe that most use variations of this same basic design.

Many of these parts are very hard to find.
Ford cars 1939-1948 use the same parts under a different number.

Ford Car cross reference - same parts as 1948-1951 Ford F2 Truck

1950 Ford F2 w/flathead V8 with 4R70W automatic transmission with overdrive
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit
Old 10-28-2015, 12:30 AM
FTE fan

underthebridgejim has a spectacular reputation.underthebridgejim has a spectacular reputation.underthebridgejim has a spectacular reputation.underthebridgejim has a spectacular reputation.underthebridgejim has a spectacular reputation.underthebridgejim has a spectacular reputation.underthebridgejim has a spectacular reputation.underthebridgejim has a spectacular reputation.underthebridgejim has a spectacular reputation.underthebridgejim has a spectacular reputation.underthebridgejim has a spectacular reputation.
Help installing cab support arms with new rubber snubber in place. http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/14...l#post15738116
Old 11-03-2015, 12:18 PM
Still Learnin'

petemcl has a great reputation on FTE.petemcl has a great reputation on FTE.petemcl has a great reputation on FTE.petemcl has a great reputation on FTE.petemcl has a great reputation on FTE.
Correction

Ross pointed out that I need to find a shouldered bolt to allow automatic equalization:

Thanks for spotting that Ross.

1950 Ford F2 w/flathead V8 with 4R70W automatic transmission with overdrive
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit
Old 11-26-2015, 08:44 PM
Senior User

chad77 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
countersink trick - sheet metal

So I bought an altmans easy latch kit for my 56'. They have done a good job with the latch for sure. But its not clean enough for MY liking.

I didn't want to cap my door with another piece of sheet metal, that they supply, to hold the latch in place.

I plan on filling the factory holes and cutting my own holes etc in it afterwords.

I wanted to counter sink the bolts in my door like they came with the easy latch/plate. Tried searching for a punch or die locally, but no luck.

So I made one. Cost me nothing to make really. I have attached a picture. It's just a countersunk bolt with a big nut, a washer, and a nut that threads onto the bolt. The nut, washer, and big nut are welded together to keep the bolt centered in the hole when tightened.

Took a couple trial runs before I got an even punch, but it works great!
Old 02-22-2016, 03:09 PM
Postmaster

Col Flashman has a very good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a very good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a very good reputation on FTE.
There was an Articles here on F.T.E. that showed how to Upgrade ones brakes to a Mid-Late '60s Mustang Dual Master Brake Cylinder & w/ the change that happened at the F.T.E. site I can no longer find it. Also, I saved it to my Gallery using a Screen Shot & my Gallery no longer exists. Any way to retrieve thatas well would be greatly appreciated.
There was also an Article about doing the Up Grade using an Early '70s F-150 Master Brake Cylinder as well, which I also can no longer find.
These are all for my '58 Mercury M-100 truck.
Please I could really use someones help here in locating these articles, thank'ee.
Blue '58 Mercury M-100 Panel 223 I-6 w/ M-O-M
Black 1893 Henry Ford Quadra-Cycle (replica)
My Replies Are Not Meant In An Offensive Way.... Ever, They Are Merely.... Straight Answers or Comments
Old 02-22-2016, 05:35 PM
Posting Legend

56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Ford Truck Enthusiasts User Gallery

Here is the link to your galleries, real good to see you back on here..

56 pickup build thread
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/13...ld-thread.html
Old 02-22-2016, 07:16 PM
Postmaster

Col Flashman has a very good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a very good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a very good reputation on FTE.
Thank'ee kindly & I hope this finds you Hale & Hearty.
19 months of sleeping in my wife, Nancy's, Hospital & Facility rooms since she was diagnosed w/ A.L.S. on 4 Aug., 2014 & became immobile 1 Oct., 2014.
Barely hanging on by our finger nails financially as well & very close to losing everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56panelford View Post
Ford Truck Enthusiasts User Gallery

Here is the link to your galleries, real good to see you back on here..
Blue '58 Mercury M-100 Panel 223 I-6 w/ M-O-M
Black 1893 Henry Ford Quadra-Cycle (replica)
My Replies Are Not Meant In An Offensive Way.... Ever, They Are Merely.... Straight Answers or Comments
Old 05-16-2016, 06:33 AM
Postmaster

topmoo has much to be proud oftopmoo has much to be proud oftopmoo has much to be proud oftopmoo has much to be proud oftopmoo has much to be proud oftopmoo has much to be proud oftopmoo has much to be proud oftopmoo has much to be proud oftopmoo has much to be proud oftopmoo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Flashman View Post
Thank'ee kindly & I hope this finds you Hale & Hearty.
19 months of sleeping in my wife, Nancy's, Hospital & Facility rooms since she was diagnosed w/ A.L.S. on 4 Aug., 2014 & became immobile 1 Oct., 2014.
Barely hanging on by our finger nails financially as well & very close to losing everything.
So sorry to hear that, ALS is such a terrible and non curable condition. One of my best friends, a Doctor (a pediatrician), was just diagnosed with ALS. He is having to quit his practice and prepare for the worst. A very sad situation for anyone, and for the loved ones around them. Bless you and your wife.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:43 PM
Senior User

52 USCG Panel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Col Flashman, I too wish to express my sincerest sympathy to you and your wife. We believe that our lives are in God's hands and we often times take His blessings and positive outcomes for granted, but because of evil in our fallen world, bad things can and do happen to good people. In life's darkest moments, we can, however, take comfort in knowing that God is ultimately in control. Our life here in this world is always very brief and may at times be filled with great pain and sorrow. In every trying circumstance, we can be absolutely certain that because of God's grace, heaven is our real home and the trials of our temporal lives will be completely forgotten. May God grant you peace and strength as you face these difficult days.