Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2011, 09:41 PM
New User

05excursionred is starting off with a positive reputation.
BRAKE PADS FOR 05 EXCURSION HELP DECIDE

I HAVE A 2005 EX 6.0L 4X4 IT CAME WITH ART SLOTTED ROTORS MY FRONT BRAKE PADS ARE ALMOST IN NEED OF REPLACEMENT DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS AS TO WHICH PADS I SHOULD REPLACE THEM WITH.
CARBON METALLIC??? PERFORMANCE?? ALSO THOUGHT WHILE ITS IN I MAY GET THE REARS DONE AS WELL THEY ARE STOCK ROTORS.. THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 02-06-2011, 12:42 AM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Hawk LTS pads.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Post Fiend

X_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputation
I second Stewart...Hawk LTS the only way to go IMO.

Also...two other things.

1) WELCOME to FTE and the Ex forums!
2) Typing/posting etiquette says to not use all caps when posting because it means you are "shouting".

Joe
Big BS'r #19 and Slackmaster #30
Old 02-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Posting Guru

Forest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to beholdForest is a splendid one to behold
I third the Hawk LTS pads. Best all around performance. All those high performance carbon pads are really only good once warmed up. The LTS pads work well in all situations.

'05 Excursion Limited 4x4 6.0L PSD >171,000 miles
ARP Studs, SCT, Coolant filter, MBRP 4", Banks Techni-Cooler, Blue Spring, V/B w/RAS; Hellwig; Red Head; Bilsteins; Michelin M/S2 on 18"x8" 04 Ford wheels; Kenwood DNX9960 w/Rear Camera ; Propride 3P on Arctic Fox 32D
Old 02-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Senior User

boertje is starting off with a positive reputation.
4th the Hawk pads. Best thing I did to my X.
SOLD: '02 PSD Excursion LTD Ultimate 4X4 Mineral Gray, PSD badges, Banks Exhaust, AIS air filter, DP-Tuner, Fuel mods, V code (2C3Z-5310-HA, AKA 3C34-5310-ADA) and modified F code (6C34-5560-F aka 5C32-5560-FA) springs with Timbren rear overloads, Bilstein shocks, hellwig sway bar, Powerslot Cyro rotors with Hawk LTS pads. Original black CPS international part number 1825899C93.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Posting Guru

tdappleman is a name known to alltdappleman is a name known to alltdappleman is a name known to alltdappleman is a name known to alltdappleman is a name known to alltdappleman is a name known to all
Hawk! The only thing I would add would be the choice between LTS and Superduty pads. The Superduty pads are more aggressive, handle heat a bit better and will perform better if you drive in mountainous areas or where you may 'ride' the brakes. The downside is they will dust more and may squeal more. Otherwise the LTS pads do fantastic. I've had mine on for over a year now and would use them again in an instant.
ASE Certified Technician www.coastalfastlube.com
Old 02-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Senior User

Richard2212 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have used PFC pads from Autozone for several years. Improved Braking performance plus they last 50K+, no dust and are easy on the rotors.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Post Fiend

X_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard2212 View Post
I have used PFC pads from Autozone for several years. Improved Braking performance plus they last 50K+, no dust and are easy on the rotors.
I actually just tried the Autozone Duralast "Golds" on the rears of my other two vehicles (Mini Cooper and Grand Caravan)...they come with a lifetime warranty...

The reason the Hawk LTS pads get such a good review on here is because of the performance and large number of folks that have tried them and had success...not saying that they are the ONLY ones...but based on the performance reported on here (towing and non)...it is a "safe" choice...

When I do the rears on my Ex (prolly this spring)...I may look at the Duralast Golds for them since most of the braking is done with the fronts...it may be worth an experiment...
Big BS'r #19 and Slackmaster #30
Old 02-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Posting Guru

scottman70 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.scottman70 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
HAWK LTS by far!!!!

SOLD: 2004 Eddie Bauer 4x4 Excursion 6.0 Power Stroke
ARP Head Studs, Bulletproof EGR Cooler, Bulletproof/Liberator Oil Cooler, Rancho 9000XL's, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags,
Walker BTM Muffler, Fabtech dual steering stabilizers, Powerslot cryo treated Rotors.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Senior User

Richard2212 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Autozone Duralast are not PFC pads. PFC's for Excursion are 0756-20 / 0757-20 for front and rears. About $40. for Front and Rears - less than 1/2 the cost of duralast. I think Autozone is having a sellout on PFC's. I am going to check my local store and get a full set and save until I need them.

Just bought a backup set - front and rears for a total of $41. + tax.

I also converted my 5 flex brake lines to Russell SS and did the MC pushrod adjustment(found on the Forum under "brake upgrades" Search).
Old 02-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Posting Guru

gr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant future
I agree with the Hawk brand but I went with the SuperDuty instead of the LTS because of the loads I was towing. They do great with heavy loads. They do not squeal. They do have a little more dust. They also do great with an empty truck. They don't require a warm-up period before they will brake.

I also have them on my 2000 Durango (front only) with equally impressive results.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Scott
2000 Excursion XLT 4x4 V10 4.30, BTS tranny, 6.0L tranny cooler, Scan Gauge II, 285/75/16 BFG AT KOs, ProComp springs 22210 front and 22415 rear, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Powerslot slotted rotors w/ Hawk SuperDuty pads up front, Hawk SuperDuty pads on the rear stock rotors, Optima Red Top Battery, 05 headlights, F250 grill (In the 200k club now!)
Old 02-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
I don't think you'll go wrong with Hawks. I used EBC pads - Greenstuff (better braking, med dust) on Excursion and Yellowstuff (max braking, faster wear, more dust) on F350.

Previously, I had Performance Friction carbon-metallic pads on F350. They lasted a long time and ran smooth - but the EBC pads stop WAAAAY better.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:14 PM
New User

05excursionred is starting off with a positive reputation.
wow thanks to everyone that responded that was quick i am new to this site and appreciate all the info..... sounds like the hawk lts are the most popular...
Old 02-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Freshman User

Ummms is starting off with a positive reputation.
yeah, when I bought my Ex over summer it needed new rear brakes. . . so I Searched around on this fourm and Hawk pads are the preferred choice of most everyone on here.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:38 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
05, 075620, autozone, brake, brakes, excursion, ford, hawk, interchange, lts, pad, pads, performance, pfc, use