Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (all engine sizes)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

EcoBoost (all engine sizes) 3.5L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6, 2.7 Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6, 2.3l/2.0L I4 EcoBoost Engines

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Junior User

81beast is starting off with a positive reputation.
F150 XLT Ecoboost at dealer TODAY

I went to the dealership today to get my girlfriend's car picked up from the service department. While we were there I asked the salesman if any EB F150s came in because I saw a semi load pulling in. At first he said no but before we left he said there was one, and only one. This was the only one scheduled for delivery that was not presold at this point. It was right off of the delivery truck when I drove it, so there was still protective plastic and foam stuck all over it. When we got back from our drive a salesman came running to take it to the wash as a potential buyer was on the way already.

Being my first drive with an Ecoboost, and the only one available, I wanted to make the most of it. It read "30 miles to empty" on the dash so I put 2 gallons in it at the nearest gas station, on my own dime, so that I would have some decent seat time. I was not overly impressed with the power output, though it definitely felt torquey compared to the 5.0 I drove 2 weeks before. It didn't feel like it was accelerating as quickly as it really was, probably because it was so much smoother than the F250 I've been driving. The power was flat feeling; came on fast and stayed on. 80 mph came quick and tire spin was not hard to achieve. For an exrra $750 I can't see why someone wouldn't take the option. The truck had 3.55LS axle, 4x4, Screw, XLT Chrome, bucket seats, etc.

I ordered the FX4 scab, luxury, max tow (4.10 axle), NAV, and sunroof 2 weeks ago. I think that the 4.10s are going to be to low with the stock height tires unless someone never unhooked their trailer from the truck or rarely did highway driving.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Very nice! So, I assume you ordered the EB in your truck too? From the sounds of your test-drive, the power is pretty linear and comes on strong and stays there. This is going to be one mean engine.

Thanks for the report.
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced / FTE Forum Guidelines

RIP Steve (Bricks) Price........Godspeed my good friend. RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:06 AM