1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Got a funny story to tell you guys (with Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 05:32 PM
76f350spercamprspeal
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Got a funny story to tell you guys (with Pictures)

OK, so on January 22nd, 2011 I was at a local car show.
I was done taking my picture's for the day. (I took 705)
So I was talking to a guy whom was 66 years old, and we kind of hit it off. He had a '71 Thunderbird. So we started talking about Ford's. I told him the first year Ford trucks were designated F-series was '48. (F-1, F-2, F-3) And that they weren't designated as F-100 until '53. My friend, who we will call John, asked this guy (in his 50s) who came there in a red '68 Chevelle if what I was sayin' is true. That guy said "no, I had a '47 F-100" so I said, You must have been mistaken. He said you can't tell me, I owned it. So then he said "them are fightin' words, I ought to beat your ***" I never said a thing to him after that, I talked to his friend and his friend said he isn't normally like that and that he got injured at work and was in pain. How the hell can this 50 year old say what he did, he wasn't the original owner, and these truck's were built many years before that punk was even born.
Here are some picture's I took at that show.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:56 PM
john smith jr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice truck, Dumb guy

Old 02-01-2011, 06:16 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,781 Likes on 1,822 Posts
Nice pics

The world is full of morons, the trick is to not let them get under your skin.

I drove a 57 similar to that back when I was about 20 (4 door post, 3 on the tree). I had more than one guy come up and tell how he had bought one brand new back in '54....and argue when I said it was a 57. I finally learned to just go along with them

sometimes you just have to laugh
Bobby

Old 02-01-2011, 06:25 PM
76f350spercamprspeal
Hotshot
Thank you guy's.
The '54 is a completely different body style than the '55-'57s.
I uploaded those to Facebook, so they look kind of blotchy and weird...

Old 02-01-2011, 06:41 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
BUGS

Dude i thought i had a bug on my laptop. Then i thought it got in my laptop. YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR AVITAR !!!!! Nice pics.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:54 PM
49m47
Mountain Pass
First, I'm on your side. I have a ball when people tell me that Mercury never made a pickup truck. Fortunately no one has argued with me once I explain the history.
Just for fun I typed in 1947 f100 into google search. All kinds of info and pic's of what people are calling "F100's". I guess there is a lot of confusion out there. Maybe I shouldnt refer to it as confusion but as "Lack of education"

Old 02-01-2011, 06:59 PM
76f350spercamprspeal
Hotshot
You can't educate someone who doesn't want to learn and believes otherwise, whether it be true or not...

Old 02-01-2011, 07:50 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
I don't know bout fightin' words, but I sure want to squarsh the bug!

Old 02-01-2011, 08:31 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
I was at a car show during the winter about 25 years ago. It was held at an indoor venue in downtown Milwaukee. I was with my cousin and as we entered the building I passed a guy about 5' nothing with a tall cowboy hat on arguing with a exhibitor with a '65 Chevelle. The runt was arguing with the guy that the Chevelle was a '66 because he knew what a '65 looked like and it was no '65. The runt was talking very loud and finally the Chevelle owner said, "Yeah, you're right." just to get rid of the guy.

We were there for an hour or so and I was looking at a scrap book another car owner had of the restoration of his car when I hear a guy yell, "Leave me alone!", "Get the h**l away from me!". I turn around and it's the runt but this time he's talking to two of Milwaukee's finest. I might add these weren't the two smallest cops on the force. The officers tried to explain to the guy that they had numerous complaints about him pestering exhibitors and spilling beer on cars. Runt says, "It wasn't me". The cops answer that he fit the descriptions given to them of the offender. The Runt says, " I know how to drink, I drink slow and easy. Other people don't know how to drink slow and easy." The officers warn him again and he says, "If you don't get away from me I gonna kick your a$$es." I look at my cousin and he says, "What?". I said Runt just got himself night accommodations courtesy of the City of Milwaukee. One of the officers asks the guy, "Are you threatening body harm on us?". Runt answers, "Damn right, I'll kick both of your a$$es". One cop backs against the wall and the other leaves. Runts starts telling the remaining cop that his partner knew better because he left and he knew what was good for him and if the remaining cop was as smart as his partner he'd leave too. The cop just said, "Hey, I'm just watching the crowd. I'm not bothering you."

A few minutes later I see 3-4 rather larger officers coming through the crown, surround Runt and slam him on the ground, cuff and shackle him and haul him out the nearest exit. I'm pretty sure I could hear his head smack onto the ground.

It was awesome!!

Old 02-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
I was at a car show during the winter about 25 years ago. It was held at an indoor venue in downtown Milwaukee. I was with my cousin and as we entered the building I passed a guy about 5' nothing with a tall cowboy hat on arguing with a exhibitor with a '65 Chevelle. The runt was arguing with the guy that the Chevelle was a '66 because he knew what a '65 looked like and it was no '65. The runt was talking very loud and finally the Chevelle owner said, "Yeah, you're right." just to get rid of the guy.

We were there for an hour or so and I was looking at a scrap book another car owner had of the restoration of his car when I hear a guy yell, "Leave me alone!", "Get the h**l away from me!". I turn around and it's the runt but this time he's talking to two of Milwaukee's finest. I might add these weren't the two smallest cops on the force. The officers tried to explain to the guy that they had numerous complaints about him pestering exhibitors and spilling beer on cars. Runt says, "It wasn't me". The cops answer that he fit the descriptions given to them of the offender. The Runt says, " I know how to drink, I drink slow and easy. Other people don't know how to drink slow and easy." The officers warn him again and he says, "If you don't get away from me I gonna kick your a$$es." I look at my cousin and he says, "What?". I said Runt just got himself night accommodations courtesy of the City of Milwaukee. One of the officers asks the guy, "Are you threatening body harm on us?". Runt answers, "Damn right, I'll kick both of your a$$es". One cop backs against the wall and the other leaves. Runts starts telling the remaining cop that his partner knew better because he left and he knew what was good for him and if the remaining cop was as smart as his partner he'd leave too. The cop just said, "Hey, I'm just watching the crowd. I'm not bothering you."

A few minutes later I see 3-4 rather larger officers coming through the crown, surround Runt and slam him on the ground, cuff and shackle him and haul him out the nearest exit. I'm pretty sure I could hear his head smack onto the ground.

It was awesome!!
I bet he got a brain injury like the guy (runt) down below.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
My wife nicolle drives a 2009 ford fusion,
I have been meaning to add the proper sized lettering on the back of the car so it says..."CON"FUSION
I wonder how long it would take for someone to swear that ford is making a car and its called confusion! I simple change is all it takes somtimes.
have ya ever seen a V8 logo on the side and "not" just above or below"
I like some of the stuff like that but it has to look factoryish.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
I couldn't tell you how many times I've had some old guy try to argue with me about my trucks. Just the other day, I had a guy try his very best to tell me that my 50 had the wrong bed because it had the raised panel. He kept saying that the 48-50's had a flat panel bed and the 51-52's had raised panels. He wouldn't back down when I told him he had it backwards. I refuse to match wits with an unarmed person.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
bet that guy owned a yugo too! not to offend anyone...

Old 02-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
we all make mistakes...I traded my 73 mach1 for a 78 pinto cause I couldn't afford the gas...
that was back when I was in the NAVY...tough times for me...
I rode a motorcycle 45 miles each way ,during the winter before that, up to february, I slid newspapers in my jeans for insulation, it was rough!
but yeah mustang for pinto

Old 02-01-2011, 11:12 PM
fifty-two_f1
Fleet Mechanic
well i get a lot of idiots that try to tell me about my truck, because I am 17 and all, and teens do not know anything about cars. We are too busy with video games and girls...... "they did not make an overhead 6 in 52 all they had back then were flatheads"

Quick Reply: Got a funny story to tell you guys (with Pictures)