Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Feb. BS thread

Old 02-24-2011, 02:23 PM
davidkstyler
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by racerchick21
I agree, going to and coming from sucks if you get in the traffic around the track. We stay there so that's not an issue, just one big tailgate party and great week of racing. There are about 30 of us who go down together. We go to the dirt track Wednesday and Thursday nights and then the super speedway. Fun fun for race fans. I guess it wouldn't be if you're not lol.
The friends that we went with had a camper and afterwards we BBQ'ed on the parking lot. It was still not easy getting out later in the evening. We also could not believe the number of people who thought that they had a right to use the bathroom in the camper! Once was enough.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:12 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Really?? eeewww- I've never had that happen, maybe since we're in the RV lot and everyone has their own. We don't leave until Monday so we miss all the traffic. Well some people's idea of fun is always someone elses idea of torture lol.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:22 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning Nevada!

Happy TGIF!

Old 02-26-2011, 10:48 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning everyone : )

Have a happy & safe weekend!

I have to work Sun & Mon afternoon, but atleast I get to party today! (son's 12th B-day)

Old 02-26-2011, 11:12 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by davidkstyler
The friends that we went with had a camper and afterwards we BBQ'ed on the parking lot. It was still not easy getting out later in the evening. We also could not believe the number of people who thought that they had a right to use the bathroom in the camper! Once was enough.

When we went last year to NHRA in Las Vegas, there was a guy that was so drunk, he couldn't find his camper/motorhome. He was going around from camper to camper trying to find his & walking in on people eatting, sleeping, etc. Most people that go to the races lock their campers luckily. The guy didn't take anything from anyone, I think he just wanted to find his camper & go to bed. We forgot to lock our door when we went to bed & about 2am this guy walked in & just stood there looking around to see if he recognised anyting. My 10 y/o daughter woke up (scared) & asked him who he was. He apologized & stumbled out. We ofcourse immediately locked the door after that! I guess he was caught by security later & taken to jail.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:27 PM
davidkstyler
Elder User
Originally Posted by 67 Olfthfl
Morning everyone : )

Have a happy & safe weekend!

I have to work Sun & Mon afternoon, but atleast I get to party today! (son's 12th B-day)
Happy Birthday, it's also our grandson's eighth birthday!

Old 02-26-2011, 02:12 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Cool...it was my birthday yesterday (25th)

Happy birthday to him!

So, who thinks it will actually snow in Vegas today/tonight/tomorrow? I don't think so, but my co-workers think it's going to happen. Bahhh...

Ya, all kinds of weird things happen at those types of events (NHRA/NASCAR/etc). The cool thing is, I actually got assigned to shoot the NASCAR races this next weekend. I can't wait! Been waiting 3 years to be assigned to shoot them and finally got the assignment. Last year I got to shoot both NHRA races at LVMS.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:48 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

My son thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. : )

Happy Birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday everyone with February birthdays,
happy birthday to you!

Figured I'd cover everyone at once. LOL!

Old 02-26-2011, 04:14 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

[quote=R1_Demon;10022182] So, who thinks it will actually snow in Vegas today/tonight/tomorrow? I don't think so, but my co-workers think it's going to happen.

Hmm... anything could happen! Ya never know when it comes to Nevada weather...it seems like it changes every every 20 mins. LOL!

Old 02-26-2011, 04:17 PM
davidkstyler
Elder User
Originally Posted by R1_Demon
Cool...it was my birthday yesterday (25th)

Happy birthday to him!

So, who thinks it will actually snow in Vegas today/tonight/tomorrow? I don't think so, but my co-workers think it's going to happen. Bahhh...

Ya, all kinds of weird things happen at those types of events (NHRA/NASCAR/etc). The cool thing is, I actually got assigned to shoot the NASCAR races this next weekend. I can't wait! Been waiting 3 years to be assigned to shoot them and finally got the assignment. Last year I got to shoot both NHRA races at LVMS.
...and my brothers birthday on the 27th. The mountains are white, if it keeps on raining tonight there may be a thin layer here in the morning.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:47 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Birthday to everyone with Birthdays. Matt best wishes with shooting NASCAR this year.
I have seen snow in Las Vegas. I have seen as much as 6" in Red Rock. I thought I had a picture from Hwy 160 that I could easily post but it looks like it is on a jump drive.

Craig

Old 02-26-2011, 10:18 PM
davidkstyler
Elder User
Originally Posted by kermmydog
Happy Birthday to everyone with Birthdays. Matt best wishes with shooting NASCAR this year.
I have seen snow in Las Vegas. I have seen as much as 6" in Red Rock. I thought I had a picture from Hwy 160 that I could easily post but it looks like it is on a jump drive.

Craig
Here's one from west Vegas, and please don't give me a hard time about it! I've lived in Wyoming, experienced -35 F and shoveled 2 feet of new snow to get the car out . And that 2 feet I dug out filled back in again by the time I got home from work.

This was not yesterday, the news did say that there were a few flakes coming down this morning.

Attached Images  
Old 02-27-2011, 02:11 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Hi everyone,
Hope your having a great afternoon! I have to go to work shortly.

Oh no...Oh no!
Do i really have to go? LOL!

Old 02-27-2011, 05:39 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Happy Sunday! Happy birthday to everyone!

What a great race, can't wait until next weekend! R_1 where will you be shooting from?

Old 02-27-2011, 08:30 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by davidkstyler
Here's one from west Vegas, and please don't give me a hard time about it! I've lived in Wyoming, experienced -35 F and shoveled 2 feet of new snow to get the car out . And that 2 feet I dug out filled back in again by the time I got home from work.

This was not yesterday, the news did say that there were a few flakes coming down this morning.
That is a great picture David. If there is going to be snow in Las Vegas the west side is where you will see it, as a rule.
I remember when it would rain in Las Vegas & not that much that the roads under I-15 would flood with up to 8 feet of water. That is one reason the D.I. is above ground.
One of the guys on the Arizona board just took a job back in Wyoming. We were talking about COLD. Boy, Wyoming can get cold. I knew some folks from Lander/Riverton area. They knew COLD & SNOW. Water pipes freezing that are 2-3 feet in the ground. Northern Nevada, Elko, & Wells can get cold also. The coldest I can remember living in was around -28 below zero, & that was in Nevada. But it never lasts more than a week.

Craig

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Feb. BS thread