Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

January BS Thread - It's 2011, and Tom wants to go camping now!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 12:39 AM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
January BS Thread - It's 2011, and Tom wants to go camping now!!!

Happy New Year everyone!

It's been a blast talking to, and meeting a lot of you here! It was a great year of camping and GTG's. Here's to more great times, and hopefully more will join us!

Old 01-01-2011, 01:52 AM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

It was a great year getting to meet everyone!! Hope to meet more in the coming year!

Thanks for starting the new thread Dave and I love the title!! Lol

Old 01-01-2011, 08:21 AM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Troy! I hope you got some sleep last night. I'm sure towing to end and start the year was fun and all though! lol

I was thinking about a good title, and we were talking about camping so it fit! lol

Old 01-01-2011, 08:35 AM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Good morning and happy new year.

I sure hope the economy continues a turn around. It will make work a lot better and get a lot more people back to work.

Thanks for starting the new thread Dave. It is a great title

Old 01-01-2011, 08:55 AM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy New year everyone!
Welcome to 2011, hope everyone has a good one!

Old 01-01-2011, 09:14 AM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Good morning Dave, Jay and Scott!!

Yeah Dave I did get some sleep. After I posted that last night at 2 I went home and went to bed. I didn't get a call then till 6:30 this morning. I am caught up and back at home now and plan on keeping it that way. It is blowing real good out there and cant hardly see down the street.

Yeah Jay I hope the economy turns around as well and maybe the price of fuel could go down a little also!

Old 01-01-2011, 09:20 AM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
All the dinks in the media are predicting $4-5 a gallon gasoline over the next couple years. I suspect that they all play in the stock market as speculators. They are the ONLY reason fuel gets so high.

Glad you were able to get some sleep finally. We got a coating of ice and snow here but nothing bad.

Got a long way on the sled suspension last night. Today I have to shorten a couple shafts then I should be ready to put it in. I do still have to buy 4 idler/bogey wheels but I can put those in with the suspension installed

Old 01-01-2011, 09:21 AM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Oh, and good morning to you also Scott!

Old 01-01-2011, 09:54 AM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happy New Year!

I am at work today so enjoy your new year lounging at home. Thanks to all for the good times and hope we can have many more.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:56 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Happy New Year to all!

Old 01-01-2011, 10:48 AM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Happy new year Cory and Steve

Old 01-01-2011, 11:09 AM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by DieselCamper01
All the dinks in the media are predicting $4-5 a gallon gasoline over the next couple years. I suspect that they all play in the stock market as speculators. They are the ONLY reason fuel gets so high.

Glad you were able to get some sleep finally. We got a coating of ice and snow here but nothing bad.

Got a long way on the sled suspension last night. Today I have to shorten a couple shafts then I should be ready to put it in. I do still have to buy 4 idler/bogey wheels but I can put those in with the suspension installed
Yeah Jay it really sucks about the prices of fuel! Sounds like you are making good headway on your sled! So how is your furnace in the garage working is it still flaming up funny?

Originally Posted by HP junkie
Happy New Year!

I am at work today so enjoy your new year lounging at home. Thanks to all for the good times and hope we can have many more.
Hey Cory! Have fun at work!! Got any drunks drying out in there after last night?

Originally Posted by sddesigns
Happy New Year to all!
Happy New Year Steve!!

Old 01-01-2011, 12:40 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
I think it still is Troy but I will check the next time it kicks in. The weird thing is it only does it as it warms up the burner. Once it fully fires it does not do it.

Found out a bit ago that I don't have to shorten any of the mounting shafts so I am about ready to drill a few more holes and slide this puppy in.

And the furnace just fired. The flames rolled for a bit but it fires pretty quick so I don't think I need to worry much. Might just be the way this unit runs

Edit: It is a Modine

Old 01-01-2011, 12:44 PM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fordpower88

Hey Cory! Have fun at work!! Got any drunks drying out in there after last night?
Oh ya, you betcha! We are a little full. I think the tally from last night was around 26 intakes, give or take a few.

We still have a lot of left-overs from last night. It reaks of stale beer and stinky feet in booking. Well the day is almost over, then its nap time!

Old 01-01-2011, 01:34 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by DieselCamper01
I think it still is Troy but I will check the next time it kicks in. The weird thing is it only does it as it warms up the burner. Once it fully fires it does not do it.

Found out a bit ago that I don't have to shorten any of the mounting shafts so I am about ready to drill a few more holes and slide this puppy in.

And the furnace just fired. The flames rolled for a bit but it fires pretty quick so I don't think I need to worry much. Might just be the way this unit runs

Edit: It is a Modine
Thats cool you don't have to shorten the shafts! Yeah that is wierd about your furnace but if your still kickin I would say you are ok! LOL

Originally Posted by HP junkie
Oh ya, you betcha! We are a little full. I think the tally from last night was around 26 intakes, give or take a few.

We still have a lot of left-overs from last night. It reaks of stale beer and stinky feet in booking. Well the day is almost over, then its nap time!
Sounds like you were busy last night! The sound of that just has a smell that doesn't sound good!

Quick Reply: January BS Thread - It's 2011, and Tom wants to go camping now!!!