Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2011, 10:46 AM
New User

bjmbjm1998 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking Engine Misfire, PCM failure 2005 Escape

For those of you trying to figure out why your engine is misfiring. Engine running extremely poor!

The 2005 ford Escape 3.0 has problems from a Vendor. The Engine control module (called PCM) is located above the engine in the firewall (3 bunches of wires) has a HUGE failure rate. Usually happens over 50,000 miles.

Their is a TSB on this problem and Ford is replacing them for free. Conditions are it must be under 80,000 miles and not over 8 years from date sold.

If you have this issue call your ford dealer with your Vin number! Have him check the VIN in the computer. He will tell you if your covered.
Some dealers dont know this so you have to ASK!

Ford will replace all the coils (COP=Coil on plug) and replace and install the new software in the NEW PCM. Do not try to fix this yourself if your covered.

They will reprogram 2 keys when they do this because their is a chip in the keys to let the engine run.

I found out the hard way. Went to first dealer who didnt know this. He didnt have a clue what was wrong because he never ran the VIN. I Did research on line and went to a 2nd dealer. He ran my VIN # and repaired it for FREE. Parts had to come from Vendor and took several Days!

I hope this helps some owners out there.

My 2003 ford escape (i have 2-3.0 Limiteds) has 165,000 with only minor issues and runs strong!

Ford will be changing the Escape and using a Australian platform called the Conga (not sure of spelling). Masda Tribute will be discontinued soon. Mariner is all gone with the Mercury name put to sleep.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Elder User

tcesni is starting off with a positive reputation.
The 2012 Escape will merge with the European Kuga and both will be built off the latest Focus platform. Not sure about the Australian connection unless the Kuga is already being sold there. I'm pretty certain you can kiss the V6 option good-bye.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Posting Guru

wptski is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
The 2012 Escape will merge with the European Kuga and both will be built off the latest Focus platform. Not sure about the Australian connection unless the Kuga is already being sold there. I'm pretty certain you can kiss the V6 option good-bye.
Maybe not as this article came from the recent Detroit Auto Show with a reveal: Ford Vertrek Concept but does a 1.6L EcoBoost replace a 3.0L???

09 Ford Escape Limited, 3.0L, 4WD
Old 07-05-2012, 05:04 PM
New User

fordy24 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I called the dealership and they ran my vin and told me there were no outstanding recalls. Any thoughts on why? They were'nt very helpful
Old 07-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Post Fiend

projectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordy24 View Post
I called the dealership and they ran my vin and told me there were no outstanding recalls. Any thoughts on why? They were'nt very helpful
Probably because there weren't any open recalls in OASIS for your VIN. You can check it yourself at one of Ford's official websites.

I haven't a clue what the original poster from last year was referring to, but, from his description, it would not be a recall. TSBs don't change warranty terms. I have to conclude his reporting is either confused.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” - Mark Twain
Old 07-05-2012, 06:44 PM
New User

fordy24 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Interesting, I don't mean to argue but his isn't the only thread mentioning it. I'll do more research and get back here with a more official answer
Old 07-06-2012, 06:17 AM
Post Fiend

projectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to behold
TSB 10-18-10 might be what he was talking about, but he's confused about extra warranty coverage.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” - Mark Twain
Old 07-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Posting Guru

bmuhlbach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bmuhlbach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I read that the early 05's had the issues
Old 07-14-2012, 10:15 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid

Tags
2003, 2005, 40, california, dealer, ecm, engine, escape, fail, ford, misfire, misfires, mph, parts, pcm