Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Postmaster

bulla has a very good reputation on FTE.bulla has a very good reputation on FTE.bulla has a very good reputation on FTE.
Drag up tank? (pics welcome)

I'm thinking of building my own drag up tank but I'm looking for something different. Anyone have any ideas? Even if you have pics of your own tank post em. And finally what are you thoughts of a drag up tank, messy, extra weight, problems with dot. Is it worth it? I always wanted one for filling my tractor or for road trips. Let me know what you think.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:36 AM
Postmaster

bulla has a very good reputation on FTE.bulla has a very good reputation on FTE.bulla has a very good reputation on FTE.
Bump! Anyone have anything for me?
Old 01-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Molon Labe

Franko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud of
sunstatefranko
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulla View Post
Bump! Anyone have anything for me?
I have a 5 gal, and two 2 gal diesel cans in the bed of my truck. I can send you a pic if you like.......lol
Old 01-28-2011, 07:17 AM
Postmaster

Not exactley the look I was going for!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:21 AM
Posting Guru

89LX306 has a good reputation on FTE.89LX306 has a good reputation on FTE.89LX306 has a good reputation on FTE.
I have a RDS aux. tank/toolbox combo in my truck. Works great. Gravity fed to my factory fill line. If you build one be sure you baffle it or it will slosh like crazy.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
X2 on the baffles. My VO tank is 200 gals and only baffled side-to-side. At 1/2 tank, it rocks pretty good if i stop fast.

I think a tank/toolbox combo is great. Incorporate the pump/filter/hose into the toolbox for a cleeeean look. Gravity feed to stock tank would be nice, but pump ain't so bad.

Make sure tank stays in bed in the event you have to drive over a Kia. Strong tabs/brackets are a good idea. Also recommend a coating for steel tank interior - Red Kote is good stuff...

I think 'legal' max is 110gals for DOT...
Old 01-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Hook it, I'll pull it.

miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Not sure what a drag up tank is, but here is what I have. Like you don't know already. lol

Click the image to open in full size.
RICK, PAA MEMBER #4
2001, F-350, DRW. CC. LWB, 4X4, LARIAT,
MODS: 6637 W/Pete's cover, BTS-TRANS, DP-TUNER LIVE, MBRP 4" SS, Isspro 3 gauge kit, TN-BB turbo, Bellowed up pipes, HPX, TRU-COOL cooler, SS Stage II injectors, and the Chris-fifty.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:19 AM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_feed View Post
Not sure what a drag up tank is, but here is what I have. Like you don't know already. lol

They call it a 'drag up' tank cause when ya quit (aka. drag up) you always make sure that tank is full... (of 'their' fuel!)
Old 01-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Posting Guru

Ziggy. has a great reputation on FTE.Ziggy. has a great reputation on FTE.Ziggy. has a great reputation on FTE.Ziggy. has a great reputation on FTE.
I have a 44gal tank out of an excursion mounted where my spare tire use to be. Gives me a total of 73 gal and a practical range of about 1000-1200 mi running empty down the highway and back and forth to work.
2002 F-250 SCSB 4x4 6spd, full custom air ride on 38'' Nittos, hyd steer assist, forged rods, 250/100, GQSSB turbo, Stage 1 cam, Tuned by Matt, 6637, CPR+ Reg Rreturn,140v IDM, South Bend DD 3600, Excursion aux fuel tank, ATI dampner, 26925 springs, SmithBro pushrods, 08 Seats, Big intercooler, CCV, Hutch & Harpoon, and alot more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdecker88 View Post
Can't is not in Cory's vocabulary he's like Chuck Norris with a wrench
Old 01-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Post Fiend

big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy. View Post
I have a 44gal tank out of an excursion mounted where my spare tire use to be. Gives me a total of 73 gal and a practical range of about 1000-1200 mi running empty down the highway and back and forth to work.
I was just going to let Bulla know about that mod Cory, its a good one and I still didn't do it to mine, lol. Rick's tank is the shizzle also..
Mike's 03 [FONT=Verdana]F-250 7.3 CC SB XLT 4x4 Auto and just joined the 229,000 miles and counting. [FONT=Comic Sans MS]PAA#26 Wife's: Whoops, I mean an 08 (Explorer) Eddie B. 4.0 v6 4x4 109,000
Old 01-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Posting Guru

Ziggy. has a great reputation on FTE.Ziggy. has a great reputation on FTE.Ziggy. has a great reputation on FTE.Ziggy. has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by big poppa View Post
I was just going to let Bulla know about that mod Cory, its a good one and I still didn't do it to mine, lol. Rick's tank is the shizzle also..
Lol you'll get around to it pop. I like the capacity of the ex tank, its as big as you can possibly go in that location, and the ex tank has the 1/4'' thick gaurd around bottom and sides, which I have used quite a bit lol.

Bulla you can also use some of the tanks like out of some broncos and other vehicles as well, I've heard of some going that route.
2002 F-250 SCSB 4x4 6spd, full custom air ride on 38'' Nittos, hyd steer assist, forged rods, 250/100, GQSSB turbo, Stage 1 cam, Tuned by Matt, 6637, CPR+ Reg Rreturn,140v IDM, South Bend DD 3600, Excursion aux fuel tank, ATI dampner, 26925 springs, SmithBro pushrods, 08 Seats, Big intercooler, CCV, Hutch & Harpoon, and alot more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdecker88 View Post
Can't is not in Cory's vocabulary he's like Chuck Norris with a wrench
Old 01-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Hook it, I'll pull it.

miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason View Post
They call it a 'drag up' tank cause when ya quit (aka. drag up) you always make sure that tank is full... (of 'their' fuel!)
Darn, If I drag up, I will be have to take the diesel from me.
RICK, PAA MEMBER #4
2001, F-350, DRW. CC. LWB, 4X4, LARIAT,
MODS: 6637 W/Pete's cover, BTS-TRANS, DP-TUNER LIVE, MBRP 4" SS, Isspro 3 gauge kit, TN-BB turbo, Bellowed up pipes, HPX, TRU-COOL cooler, SS Stage II injectors, and the Chris-fifty.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Posting Guru

qbenplaya00 has a good reputation on FTE.qbenplaya00 has a good reputation on FTE.
just my 2cents... why dont you get a Fuel Cell? its like having 2 gas tanks.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Postmaster

Rick did you go take that pic this morning just for me? I'm big sure why they call it that or at least that's what I've heard it called. Aux. Tank would be acceptable I guess.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Post Fiend

Kwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputation
http://www.facebook.com/http://facebook.com/Kwikkordead#!/Kwikkordead
I have a Transfer Flow 98 gallon tank that transfers fuel to the 38 gallon main tank on an as needed basis.

2000 VW Passat 1.8t Tiptronic. ZZOOOOOMMMM!!!
You cannot explain or explain away the power of God.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:55 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
97, aux, bradenton, building, deisel, diesel, drag, dragup, draguptank, f250, formal, fuel, tank, tanks, turcks, wwwdiesel