6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Crankcase Vent Seperator Re-Route

Old 02-16-2011, 08:13 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 02-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Brian Uhlenhake
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jaybread
I have some elephant repellant if you want to buy some, it really works!
Jaybread,

You can keep your elephant repellant...obviously you are having fun taking pot shots from the bush.

I am just stating and doing what my objective real life experience is telling me to do (note: grew up on a dairy farm with "hands on" experience with lots of various equipment, mechanical engineering degree with focus on internal combustion engines, engine research and development experience with a major diesel & gaseous engine company in machine development/application & truck emissions development, field service engineer for said company in the large diesel idustry out in the field with customers who make a living with my company's product {industrial, epg, truck, marine, petroleum and gas compression}, I've been a engine service engineer and sales account manager for said engines "in the arena", and past experience with my own diesel engine trucks.

My mod may only provide marginal gains in performance in the long run, you don't have to follow what I've done and I'm not telling you to do so. It makes me satisfied and I shared it.

I'll keep posting status of my mod and if others believe in it and feel confident about it they can apply it at their own free will. You can continue to "speculate" without objective backup and quite frankly my dear I don't really care.

Nice things about these forums is you can honestly share tips, advice, or how to's. Bad things about forums like this is "paper never rejects ink" i.e. everyone one can post their opinion.

later...

Old 02-17-2011, 08:29 AM
jaybread
Senior User
Yes-It's frustrating that other people prefer to act on fact and not on someone elses resume.
Thanks for granting me permission to see the world differently---oh wait a minute---a bunch of dead guys already did that a few hundred years ago.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:01 PM
Jenksie13
Cross-Country

oily substance leaking from the piping from the intercooler to the turbo

Would this leaking fluid be from the oil condensation on the inside of the turbo piping?

Old 06-17-2015, 05:04 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,405 Likes on 1,001 Posts
I would look at the other end and take it off and see how much is there.

How many miles on the truck?

Ever clean the motor off?

Old 11-30-2015, 10:21 PM
JetExpress_6.7
Senior User
So I did the DIY CCV delete over the log weekend and now I have a check engine light... Codes P04E3 and P04DB. One is basically ccv circuit over voltage and the other is ccv disconnected. Any thoughts? I'm sure it has to do with the "sensor" on the intake side of the hose. I tried it with the sensor unplugged and that's what gave me the over voltage CEL, and with it plugged in which just gave me the ccv disconnected CEL.

I'm currently just driving around with it plugged into the sensor and the hose just tucked in under the hood. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Edit: Forgot to mention its a 2014

Old 07-18-2017, 12:03 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,318 Likes on 4,586 Posts
Jet Express, how did you ever make out with that?

Old 07-22-2017, 12:05 AM
JetExpress_6.7
Senior User
Originally Posted by Overkill2
Jet Express, how did you ever make out with that?
Hey overkill, it's been a while since I posted that! Forgot to come back and update.

What I've got above is still true, unplugging the pigtail from the sensor makes the circuit go over voltage and physically disconnecting the hose from the intake with the sensor still plugged in causes it to detect that it's not connected. So basically I verified the cel for that works haha

What I ended up doing is to leave the hose plugged in to the intake but disconnecting it from the separator box and plugging that end. Here a link to a thread on the .org that explains a bit better and has pictures.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7-performance-parts-discussion/1055010-ccv-delete-check-engine-light.html

Old 07-22-2017, 07:56 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,318 Likes on 4,586 Posts
Thanks for the link, JetExpress. I know it was an old thread and I didn't know if you were going to respond or not. So with the separator plugged off like that, you've had no problems? I was just curious...

I have used a product called the "Condensator" before back when I had my 96 F350 with the 5.8 Windsor and a 88 4Runner 2.4 I4. It was placed inline between the PCV valve and the intake to collect the oil and let any unburned gas through. It was amazing to see all the oil and whatever else it was kept out of my engines by being collected in the container. The 4Runner was a 5 speed manual. I can't remember which gears, but when I put the Condensator on between the PCV valve and the intake, I was able to take off ramps from the Expressway in a higher gear rather than downshifting like a normally had to.

The original Condensator site is down I believe but the link is a Canadian guy who still sells the original product. A guy named Elmer Bush, if my memory serves me right, invented this to collect all the oil fumes in a container and prevent them from going into the intake in a CCV system. It functions the same as these breathers here. There is also more info here. I've talked with him via email also...he is working on the set up for the 6.7s.

A company called World NCI bought the rights for the Condensator and this is the unit that I am thinking of buying for my truck here. I've been emailing with the company recently. I'm going to place it on the driver's side close to the hose so I can keep the hoses short. There's really no other areas to mount it...space is tight under the hood with our 6.7s.

This unit will collect all the crap we want to keep out of our intakes and turbos. The engine won't throw a code and the hose stays intact for us guys still under warranty.

Before anyone on here accuses me of being a "paid shill," I'm just presenting this as FYI. Look into it, ask me about it, use it or don't use it. I don't make money from this...I don't work for these companies...I'm not doing this for me. This is for information only. This is for the guys who are open to new things and look into things like me.

I just want to keep all that crap from going into my intake, turbo and engine. I want to stay legal to avoid any warranty issues or any issues on the road somewhere with a law enforcement officer. I will keep you guys updated.

Last edited by Overkill2; 07-22-2017 at 10:41 AM. Reason: add to post
Old 07-24-2017, 12:17 PM
JetExpress_6.7
Senior User
Just a clarification, the stock separator box is not plugged off, only the line going to the intake is plugged. The separator box has 1" vinyl hose ran down to the frame rail and open to atmosphere. If you were to plug the box, you would encounter catastrophic results including a CEL for crankcase over-pressure

Old 10-22-2023, 02:36 PM
sbeamer
Cross-Country
Is the

Crankcase Vent Seperator the plastic box on the top drivers side next to the fuel filter ?

Old 10-22-2023, 03:04 PM
Boaterguy
Laughing Gas
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by sbeamer
Is the

Crankcase Vent Seperator the plastic box on the top drivers side next to the fuel filter ?

Yes, yes it is.