Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Junior User

alandeon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Will Bakflip work with one section down with a 5th wheel?

Will Bakflip work with one section down with a 5th wheel?

I like the bakflip but don't like the idea of blocking my rear view with the cover completely open. Can I still tow with a 5th wheel while having the tonnuau down partially??

I'd also consider the rollback so I can lock it at different points without obstructing the view but wont be able to keep my large tool box in back since the space for the rolled up cover takes up that space.

I'll be ordering a 2011 F250 4X4 diesel CrewCab Shotbox with a slider 5th wheel hitch but still want some sort of storage but don't want the extra length of a longbox.

So, Will Bakflip work with one section down with a 5th wheel while driving?
Old 01-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Former Vendor

jmaimin is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
bakflip perfect for 5th wheels!

The BakFlip will work with one section down. It is perfect for 5th wheels. You do not need to block your window.

BakFliip Tonneau Cover : Truck Bed Covers : Folding Tonneau Covers : BakFlip.com

You can read customer feedback by becoming a fan on facebook:
BakFlip Tonneau Covers - Product/Service - Founded: 1988 | Facebook
Old 08-04-2012, 10:34 AM
New User

tru blue is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think you will find thes covers will work with one section closed only with a longbed. Won't work on my 05 250 shortbed.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Senior User

my996duc1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
looks like an old thread was revived here.... so I will post up since I have a combo including everything that was asked about.

See pic:
2011 F250 4x4 crewcab short bed with a 5th wheel hitch and the Bak Flip HD with one panel down.

It works perfectly.
Click the image to open in full size.
-
Click the image to open in full size.
2011 F250 6.7L CC SWB FX4 - Titan Tank/Bilstein Leveling kit & 5100 shocks/Ride Rite air bags/High idle mod/Viair & shocker horns/Anzo bed lights/BakFlip HD/Ready Lift 4" rear blocks/EZ-down/Husky 5th slider/Door seal mod/ Toyo Open Country AT 285/75R18

2012 Attitude FL28AKLG toyhauler (TRIPLE axle conversion)
2006 Trailbalzer SS / 2007 KTM 525 EXC supermoto / 1987 Suzuki Samurai tintop crawler
Old 08-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Freshman User

bertF250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Reps sent to my996duc1, nice and helpful post.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:22 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners

Tags
5th, ac, bakflip, box, comments, cover, covers, driving, fifthwheel, ford, hitch, hitches, tonneau, tool, wheel