Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Marketplace > Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys This is the place to check out offers from FTE sponsors. Non-sponsor vendors may not post here.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2011, 01:16 AM
New User

08stroker250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Arrow Spartan Tuning Update for January

Hey everyone. As some of you may already know, we have a rather large update to release this month. Matt and I have been talking tonight, and we felt it necessary to make a post regarding this update before we actually release it to the public. The rest of this post is Matt's....

We originally had our latest tuning database update scheduled for release this afternoon, but due to damaging some electronics used for testing over the weekend, we will need to postpone release until later into the week to get the new hardware in and the last parts of the update fully tested.

In light of this, I thought I'd use the next few days to give a more detailed description of the changes and updates to the calibrations we will be implementing, and get some input and consensus from our users on any other changes you guys would like to see. Our current update includes the following---

-Shift changes to all 250HP tunes (milder at part throttle and enhanced converter lock)
-Shift changes to all 275HP tunes (milder at part throttle and enhanced converter lock)
-Changes to all HP levels to correct late lock-up issues for 2010 and earlier trucks with 3.55 ratio gearing
-Addition of 300HP tuning for Job 1 trucks
-Correction for customers seeing periodic cold weather part throttle surging with 275HP tunes

Another update will shortly follow the one mentioned above to include---
-Updates to both engine and transmission files for ALL Spartan TCM calibrations
-Engine calibration changes to 250, 275, and 310HP files to address periodic rolling idle

Any input from our customers on any issues will be monitored closely, so feel free to throw it in here. Even if it isn't a technical problem and is just something you'd like to see (tuning related) post as you'd like.

Thanks,

Spartan Diesel Technologies
Old 01-24-2011, 07:22 AM
Senior User

seanjackmc is starting off with a positive reputation.
How about an Economy tune.
HAHAHA just kidding. Dont need to open that wound.
Cant wait for this update to come out. I was wondering if there will be seperate tunes for those of us with 3.55s or if the adjustments will be built in to the updated tunes? Im really hoping the updated 275 will run on my truck now. Ive had to always baby it when I want to get milage on highway trips. Under wot it falls on its face everytime.
Good work Spartan
STM

2011 F-350 CC Lariat FX4 20" 3.55 Black/Black Job 2
2011 Montana 3750FL 12,200 39'
Old 01-24-2011, 08:56 AM
Lead Foot User

Brandon D is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I always look forward to any updates you guys have as this thing only gets better with time. I just loaded the 300hp tune last week and am extremely impressed with its performance. The shifting is so much smoother than the 275 and the power is still there. I am looking forward to the cold weather surge being addressed in the 275 tune because that is still something that I experience when I am running it and really get on it. Thanks again to Matt, Jeff, Mick and all the guys down there for always trying to improve on a great product. I will admit that I was worried the 6.4l would take a back seat once you guys started working on the 6.7l tunes and I am happy to see that is not the case. This is still the best money I have EVER spent on a vehicle and have never regretted my purchase since the day I bought it. Cheers

2015 F350 CC/LB Platinum - On Order
2013 F150 FX4 Luxury Package w/Ecoboost - Totalled
2008 F350 CC FX4 6.4 PSD, Spartan, Modded - SOLD
2011 Armada 8 pass Platinum Edition - Stock
2012 CanAm Commander, 2014 SkiDoo Summit
Old 01-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Postmaster

slowmans is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.slowmans is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Funny how shifts are changing.... I guess it's due to all the complaints on various sites?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Postmaster

UGA33 has a great reputation on FTE.UGA33 has a great reputation on FTE.UGA33 has a great reputation on FTE.UGA33 has a great reputation on FTE.UGA33 has a great reputation on FTE.
Jeff, good to see you over here bud.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Senior User

Neil64 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Updates

Correct me if am mistaken, the DD needs to be updated to use any of the new tunes. Can you find a way around the DD update? The DD upgrade limits my choices today and in the future and having that flexibility was one of reasons I bought the DD.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:40 PM
New User

08stroker250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you want update to our tuning files, your tuner MUST have the V2 software. If you would prefer to run KEM tuning, don't update. Pretty simple....
Old 01-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Senior User

seanjackmc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
If you want update to our tuning files, your tuner MUST have the V2 software. If you would prefer to run KEM tuning, don't update. Pretty simple....
Would it be so bad, for people to be able to run all tunes on the dd? I guess the way I see it is if you (spartan, kem, eric, whoever) thinks your tunes are superior then you wouldnt care who could run your tunes and on what. Im a happy Spartan user but would love to try the kem 345 tune. If Spartan believed they have a tune better why would it matter If I ran or tried the 345? Then again maybe its limitations of the dd that causes the problem.
I wish you would all get together and put your brains into in and make a few really great tunes together. Obviously something went wrong with Spartan and Nutty and now we have division.
Anyway, Im happy with my Spartan setup just wish since I paid 2k I could have the option to run a kem tune and still get the update to fix the tunes I cant run from Spartan that I paid for. The 275 tune on my 2010 with 3.55 gears falls on its face everytime with wot. Seems silly to have paid an extra 300 bucks and not be able to run these tunes. I do wish spartan would have told me these tunes were not written for trucks with 3.55 gears.
Til the updated tunes Ill keep rocking my 250 and hope the update fixes it!
STM

2011 F-350 CC Lariat FX4 20" 3.55 Black/Black Job 2
2011 Montana 3750FL 12,200 39'
Old 01-28-2011, 04:48 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Marketplace > Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys

Tags
275, 345, 64, 67, diesel, ford, job, kem, powerstroke, spartan, tune, tuning, tunning, update, updates