Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2014 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Postmaster
2011 Ford F-350

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Airbags Installation VIDEO

Here's my experience installing Firestone Ride Rites and an Air Lift wireless on-board compressor system yesterday.

YouTube - 2011 Ford Super Duty Airbags Installation
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 01-23-2011, 07:31 PM
Senior User
2011 Ford F-350

Big-Sarge is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Awesome Epic...Thanks for another great video!........Mike
Old 01-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Senior User
2011 Ford F-250

gascan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Sarge View Post
Awesome Epic...Thanks for another great video!........Mike
Agreed!! Thanks!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Junior User
2011 Ford F-250

fldave is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hey Epic,

Great video, glad to see you posted this up, I'm actually about to order the same exact setup as you have there, which is the Firestone Air Bags and the airlift wireless, haven't seen any reviews on the firestone's wireless system.

Is the Firestone Air Kit the 2535 Kit?

Thanks,
Dave

2008 F150 KR 4x4, Mahogany - sold
Old 01-23-2011, 07:35 PM
2000 Ford Excursion

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
Great stuff, Epic!

Added to tech folder!

Currently truckless.
Most recently: 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 EcoBoost
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced
Old 01-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

Troy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to behold
Nice video of the installation...

2012 F250 Lariat CC FX4 3.55EL 6.7 PSD (Pulling Beast and all Stock)

2011 Edge Limited (Wifes)
Old 01-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Postmaster
2011 Ford F-350

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldave View Post
Hey Epic,

Great video, glad to see you posted this up, I'm actually about to order the same exact setup as you have there, which is the Firestone Air Bags and the airlift wireless, haven't seen any reviews on the firestone's wireless system.

Is the Firestone Air Kit the 2535 Kit?

Thanks,
Dave
Yes, they are the 2535. I got them from TruckAddOns.com for $233.44. They also price matched the Air Lift system for $375 shipped. They were the cheapest I found. Only problem was they shipped the order in two pieces. The Firestones were back-ordered for a week. Other than that, just fine. I had to order by phone call to get the low price. So retro...
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 01-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Postmaster
Garage is empty, add now

kper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant future
Another great install with another great video.
Thanks for taking the time to deal with the camera throughout your projects.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Postmaster
2011 Ford F-350

Quote:
Originally Posted by kper05 View Post
Another great install with another great video.
Thanks for taking the time to deal with the camera throughout your projects.
Appreciate that. The camera and the microphone is the worst part! Sometimes I have to edit out good stuff just because I'm grunting or making funny sounds. I sound just too much like an old fart sometimes. Getting the lighting right is a pain too. My camera doesn't see as well as the human eye so sometimes I think there's enough light and the shot turns out dark. These are the woes of an amateur...
Old 01-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Postmaster
Garage is empty, add now

kper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant future
At least you record.
I won't because auto related projects tend to take me longer than they should so no way I'll show how many times I mess up...haha.

Put me in a data center and I understand what to do no problem!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Postmaster
Garage is empty, add now

rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.
nice job...these are on my list
Old 01-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

BTyner41 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice job on the video Epic. We must have a different Firestone bag kit. Mine mount on the outside framerail over the leaf packs and yours appear to be mounted inside over the axle. Is this correct?
Line-X Bedliner
EZ Down Tailgate Assist
Rollbak G2 Bedcover
Old 01-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Postmaster
2011 Ford F-350

Right. I'm not sure but I think these are the standard offerings now from Firestone for the 2011's. They also work with the under-bed hitch setups like the Ford & B&W. Are yours new or have you had them a while?
Old 01-23-2011, 09:43 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

BTyner41 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick View Post
Right. I'm not sure but I think these are the standard offerings now from Firestone for the 2011's. They also work with the under-bed hitch setups like the Ford & B&W. Are yours new or have you had them a while?

I had them installed the beginning of November. They look like the same bags just different mounting locations. Maybe because I don't have the hitch prep?
Line-X Bedliner
EZ Down Tailgate Assist
Rollbak G2 Bedcover
Old 01-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Postmaster
2011 Ford F-350

Hmmm... November is pretty recent. These are part number 2535. Do you still have the invoice to check if that is the same as yours?
Old 01-23-2011, 09:47 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2011, 2535, air, airbag, bags, f250, firestone, ford, h13, hid, installation, lift, ride, rite, videoof, wireless