Business as usual

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Tom D
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Business as usual

Hey Don and fellow BD processors
Things going well here. I am fortunate to hook up with a restaurant that changes oil regularly. They are my only source. Their oil is so nice I don't even titrate anymore. I use Don's tried and proven formula and it comes out great every time.
To 40 gal I add 7.5 gal meth and 3# potassium hydroxide (mixed) to Fab's open mixer. Separate and clean with 2.88# Magnesol and good to go.
Thanks Don for being a good instructor to a slow learner. I am getting close to the 2K mark for amount processed.
Tom

Old 01-23-2011, 07:37 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Good to hear Tom. Wait till you see my new generation 3 set-up.......I'm building solar collectors to do the pre-heat.........

Old 01-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Rushmore X
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
.I'm building solar collectors to do the pre-heat.........
We're thinking about doing the same, should save a few $ on the electric bill....

Old 01-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Tom D
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Good to hear Tom. Wait till you see my new generation 3 set-up.......I'm building solar collectors to do the pre-heat.........
Looking forward to seeing it. Did you ever get anywhere with the high voltage separation process?
I hate to admit it but I have given up separating methanol from my glycerin and BD. Too much pain in the butt. I will try again to refine it when I have more time. I would love to tear this on apart and build a new one but there is no time yet..
Keep in touch Don. Nice to hear from you.
Nice to see Rushmore is hanging in there.
Tom