Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Clutch, Transmission, Differential, Axle & Transfer Case
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Clutch, Transmission, Differential, Axle & Transfer Case SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Freshman User

blockzilla is starting off with a positive reputation.
4r100 check ***** in valve body

99' f-350 7.3 diesel .......Ok yesterday I pulled up to the store -- left truck running in park.. came back out put it in drive .. nothing .. like its in neutral... but it did have low gear so drove it home slowly in low... fluid level good. Never had any problems before .. then all at once ??? pulled the pan today dropped the valve body .. found one of the 3 feed bolts a tad loose ( finger loose) .. tightened it back up ... now heres the problem . after dropping the accumulater plate i only had 7 ---5/16" Checkballs on the floor in the fluid puddle and all the info i can find on the web shows 8 .. but I cant find info on the 99' model .. anybody got the info on how many I should have ?? and location. I have found some pics showing 8 .. If i'm suppose to have 8 then I'm screwed.. if 7 which one do I leave out ? any one of you tranny guys have a spare 5/16" ball you could send me if I need an 8th one ? thanks ... gonna have to walk to work if I cant get this fixed quick...
Old 01-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Senior User

shark13 is starting off with a positive reputation.
5/16" seems kinda large. In any case I have a few extra checkballs from a recent rebuild but they are 7/32". If you can use one I'd be happy to send it to you.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Freshman User

checkballs

they definately are 5/16" ... they measure .312 .. the holes that they cover are very large also . the smallest ***** this tranny uses is 1/4" . I'm afraid the 7/32 ball would fall thru the hole . but thanks for the offer...
Old 01-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Gear Head

jk080 has a very good reputation on FTE.jk080 has a very good reputation on FTE.jk080 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Here ya go this should be what you need.

Name:  4r100 check ball 2.JPG
Views: 4393
Size:  93.3 KB

Name:  4r100 check ball.JPG
Views: 2377
Size:  85.8 KB

Master Certified Transmission Rebuilder of 27 years of all Makes and Models
Transmission Shop Owner and Operator
Old 01-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Freshman User

thanks alot man thats great - now it looks like I gotta find me a .312 ball check ..... no ford dealers for 40 miles in any direction..gonna have to see what I can do after work tommorrow to try and get to one....
Old 01-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Freshman User

Thanks everyone for the responses and photos.. I'll be reassembling today .. crossing my fingers
Old 01-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Freshman User

update . Tightened forward clutch feed screw - put valve body back in ..and went from no drive at all to drives like a new one...
Old 01-25-2011, 10:26 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Clutch, Transmission, Differential, Axle & Transfer Case

Tags
4r100, air, ball, balls, blockzilla, bodie, body, check, exhaust, ford, location, temperature, test, transmission, valve