Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 09:16 PM
1 Excursion camper
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yep, the switch on my master cylinder started to leak and the cruise no longer worked. the recall was done and no blown fuse! I replaced the switch and all has been good.

Old 03-28-2016, 05:47 PM
Aaron_Jones
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok so I ordered the servo control box for $18 and replaced my original one, and had no success. So I decided to look at the pressure switch again and I followed the wires and found a cut wire. I spiced the wire and behold I now have cruise control. This would have been evident if I would have trouble shot properly looking to see if I had voltage at the pressure switch connector. Thanks again everyone for your input and advice.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:46 AM
marshun
5th Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to bump an old thread. but i bought an excursion and the cruise control doesnt work.

i did the diagnostic test and it seems my master cylinder switch is broke.

i found this video

it links this switch for trucks
Amazon Amazon

was this what you guys ordered? i cant seem to find part numbers so i need help.

thanks

Old 04-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Dewyz1100
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My issue was with the OEM in-line fuse dongle...the contacts were corroded so badly that 90% of the time my cruise would not work...

I replaced the factory wiring harness connector and the mating one on the dongle...bam! Cruise works now all the time...

Old 04-10-2017, 09:51 AM
marshun
5th Wheeling
well the sensor came in and i changed it. no change. still no cruise control
old sensor had continuity and new one didnt.

where does the other side of the connector go to (pin out)? i'd like to check continuity in the wires

then i guess i'll look at the servo.

edit: i was wrong. the cruise control works now. i was thinking that an indicator light of some sort would show me that the cruise control was available. but it comes on only when the speed is set. so my problem was the switch on the master cylinder.

The following users liked this post:
Old 04-26-2017, 08:55 PM
Robinhood1972
New User
I have followed the directions for the self test. When I hold the Off button while turning on the switch the cruise control light blinks once. I then attempt to push the on button, nothing happens. No light flashes on the dashboard. I have attempted to push the other buttons in the order listed on the test, however, still no light flashes. My thought is that the cruise control switch is broken and needs to be replaced can anyone confirm?

My second question if this is a cruise control switch problem, as I suspect, does anyone know a place besides the dealer to purchase this switch?

Thanks

Old 04-27-2017, 08:00 AM
Jeff53
Senior User
Ebay

Here's a link: NEW OEM 1997-2004 F-150, F-250, F-350 Cruise Control Switches- Speed Control | eBay

Originally Posted by Robinhood1972
I have followed the directions for the self test. When I hold the Off button while turning on the switch the cruise control light blinks once. I then attempt to push the on button, nothing happens. No light flashes on the dashboard. I have attempted to push the other buttons in the order listed on the test, however, still no light flashes. My thought is that the cruise control switch is broken and needs to be replaced can anyone confirm?

My second question if this is a cruise control switch problem, as I suspect, does anyone know a place besides the dealer to purchase this switch?

Thanks

Old 05-03-2017, 01:07 PM
marshun
5th Wheeling
think link i put up has what i used. my cruise works now

Old 05-25-2017, 12:23 PM
robert_l_ross
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
I read through here and maybe I'm tired or something, but I didn't see reference to this scenario:

Driving to the airport cruise works fine. Coming back, I turn it on using the steering wheel switch, but when I press the set button, the cruise light blinks one quick blink and does not engage.

I haven't had a chance to do the on board diagnostic yet...anyone see this behavior (single blink when trying to set the cruise) and if so what was the problem?

Old 06-08-2017, 10:38 AM
robert_l_ross
Cargo Master
I did the little cruise control diagnostic (hold the Off button as you turn the key on, press the sequence, look for the cruise light to blink) however it didn't blink at all after the button press sequence.

Anyone know what the best place to start is? It has NOT had the cruise control recall fix done...start there, or with the pressure switch near the brake reservoir...or something else?

Old 07-08-2017, 06:24 PM
jspringator
Senior User
I get the initial flash when it goes into diagnostic mode, and a flash when I press on, but no flash on resume, or any of the other buttons on the right side. What does this mean?

All switch lights come on when the headlight is on.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:47 AM
jspringator
Senior User
I fixed it. In my case I had a weak connection in the brake application signal. Someone hacked into it for the brake controller and it had a weak connection. I removed the brake controler wire and soldered the original 2 wires back together. Seems to work. I need to rerun the diagnostic and see what it does.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:43 AM
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by robert_l_ross
I read through here and maybe I'm tired or something, but I didn't see reference to this scenario:

Driving to the airport cruise works fine. Coming back, I turn it on using the steering wheel switch, but when I press the set button, the cruise light blinks one quick blink and does not engage.

I haven't had a chance to do the on board diagnostic yet...anyone see this behavior (single blink when trying to set the cruise) and if so what was the problem?
Did you ever get your cruise working? Mine does the one quick blink also when attempting to set the cruise.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:32 AM
robert_l_ross
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by 460
Did you ever get your cruise working? Mine does the one quick blink also when attempting to set the cruise.
Started working again on it's own. Occasionally it will revert back and do the quick blink...then mysteriously it will recover again on it's own.

I HATE electrical issues...

Old 10-20-2017, 10:57 AM
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by robert_l_ross
Started working again on it's own. Occasionally it will revert back and do the quick blink...then mysteriously it will recover again on it's own.

I HATE electrical issues...
Thanks for the reply Intermittent problems like that are certainly annoying to figure out

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Not Working