1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zone Off-Road leveling kit w/pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Mr-Pipeline
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Zone Off-Road leveling kit w/pictures

Just completed the installation of the Zone Off-Road leveling kit on my 2000 F350 V10. The kit claims 2 ½ inches of lift. However, I guess my old gal was sagging with age as I gained about 4 inches of front end lift. The reason I choose this kit over all others was it comes with an adjustable track bar. Most leveling kits only come with a relocation bracket…you have to pay more money for a kit with an adjustable track bar. The price of this kit was almost cheap when compared to other brands kits. Let me know if you have any questions.

After

Before

Adjustable Track Bar

Mini-Pack to the rear

Mini-pack on the front side

Old 01-21-2011, 04:43 PM
V10ZILLA
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really nice set up. Your trucks look great. If you can, what are the current measurments front and rear. From the ground up to the center top of the wheel well.
Are you going to stay with the same size tires or go bigger. I like the look of it with just the kit and your current tire size.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Mr-Pipeline
Senior User
Originally Posted by V10ZILLA
Really nice set up. Your trucks look great. If you can, what are the current measurments front and rear. From the ground up to the center top of the wheel well.
Are you going to stay with the same size tires or go bigger. I like the look of it with just the kit and your current tire size.
Measures 43 inches both front and rear. I wasen't looking to make it completely level...was hoping for a little front rake, but it looks good. I might consider Firestone air bags in the rear if it sits too low in the rear when I tow. The tires are 285/75/16 I wasen't planning to go up in tires size because they are almost new. The truck is used mostly for weekend home depot trips and vacation so I tow often. I was thinking about changing the gearing to 4.30 or 4.56 to improve my towing. If I upgrade the gearing I'll probably go with 4.56 to allow for bigger tires when/if I upgrade. Thanks for the compliments!

Old 01-21-2011, 05:25 PM
V10ZILLA
Senior User
My F250 is stock height. If I remember correctly im at 40.50 in the front and 41.00 in the rear with 265/75r18. I was trying to compair the difference. I really like the height you gained I think mine would be the same if I got 285's put on when these stock tires go.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Mike F250 SD
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice sir

Old 01-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Jackemupjoe
Junior User
looks great, just wondering arent your rear u bolts the wrong way shouldn't the U part be at the bottom of your axle and where the nuts go and plate be up top?

Old 01-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Mr-Pipeline
Senior User
Originally Posted by Jackemupjoe
looks great, just wondering arent your rear u bolts the wrong way shouldn't the U part be at the bottom of your axle and where the nuts go and plate be up top?
No...the bottom shock mount is on the top bracket that held down by the U-bolts. It stock...but sure can change it if there's something better.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Jackemupjoe
Junior User
ok gotcha i cant believe the truck went up that much looks great

Old 01-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Mr-Pipeline
Senior User
ok gotcha i cant believe the truck went up that much looks great

Thanks, I wasn't looking for that much lift. I tow often and was expecting some forward rack when empty. Oh, still turned out great. Another bonus was the ride...my wife says the ride is smoother then stock. Also, the alignment required new camber adjusters...it really tightened up the steering. Off topic...do you have a close-up of your lights? I'm working on a custom bracket to install 4-50 series KC lights in the front bumper bolting up to the existing holes for the driving lights.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Jackemupjoe
Junior User
Not at the moment ill snap one in the morning and get it up here

Old 01-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Mr-Pipeline
Senior User
Not at the moment ill snap one in the morning and get it up here

Great, thank you!

Old 04-05-2011, 10:45 AM
knuckleheadnut
Senior User
Mr P- thanks for posting the photos of the 2-1/2" Zone kit. ordered mine today, $295.95 plus $42.71 ship, direct from the factory in MI. all parts made in America, including their shocks. the design of this kit is obviously well thought out. and the adjustable track bar is the heat. after speaking with the company rep (Mike) on the phone, it's easy for me to tell Zone is a top shelf outfit.

I don't know if my PSD is heavier than the V10, but as my truck sits now, it's 3.5" lower, measured from hub centers to wheel well lip. I'm hoping to get no more than 3" increase. But of course, that all depends on how fatigued our springs are when we start. If I get more, no prob. and you will probably see your spring pack sag a little over time. I tow a 9000 lb travel trailer, but it usually only pulls the hitch down an inch or so. We do have an option to air bags by increasing the rear block height to bring the hitch back up so we tow level, but then you have the rake again, just not so bad. and if you have a 2 piece rear axle like I do, the carrier bearing should be dropped 1/4" for each 1" lift in the rear blocks, assuming it's straight to begin with. not neccesary when running the bags.

Of course the air bags are adjustable to get the perfect level depending on payloads (ie Harley) in the bed. and if I towed often, with various loads, I would definitely run them. I had airlift bags on my old F350, and even with the min recommended pressure of 20 psi, they will stiffen up the ride when running unloaded. I'll post my results after install. Plan to run 385/75-17s (33.8X11.3) on 17X8 wheels with 4.5" backspace. should fly, i hope. we'll see.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:21 PM
ghanson
More Turbo
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That's a great looking lift! I've been looking for a good leveling kit and I'm now seriously considering that one.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:32 PM
knuckleheadnut
Senior User
g- I chose this kit to level my F350 b/c it's affordable, made in America, well designed, has excellent install directions and unmatched customer support. I exhaustively researched all types (shackles, drop brackets, springs, mini blocks, level kits, lift kits...) and ALL manufactures. In the end it was an easy choice! This kit may not provide the optimum in extreme offroad performance while running 39 inch gumbo mudders, but I am convinced it will provide exactly what I need at this point.

I don't have a group of friends who own and modify big trucks and there damn sure are no trust worthy shops I can find in central VA for sound, competent advice. Outlaw Motorsports in Culpepper being the possible exception.

Mr P offered the only input I could find on this forum about Zone's products that was useful. Not one single person answered his query last Oct, but he made his choice and I've made mine. Visit their website (it's the best of all the suspension manufacturers) and give them a call. They actually seem happy to talk to you, unlike most others who appearantly feel your wasting their time. Lastly, they ship factory direct and still offer the lowest prices you will find on their products, unlike the big box retailers who have to sell volume and largely know nothing about there products. I should have an update for you in a couple of weeks latest on my install and wheel/tire change, if you need more input.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:34 PM
MikeMcCasland
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've got the exact same kit on my truck. It's held up very well.

Quick Reply: Zone Off-Road leveling kit w/pictures