Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2011, 11:34 AM
New User

JIM ROUSSEAU is starting off with a positive reputation.
EXHAUST SENSORS

Good morning all,

Check engine light came on yesterday and the dealer keep the truck overnight. They phoned this mornng and said one of the three exhaust sensors were bad. They are asking $400 to repair. I thought this item was under the 100,000 mile warranty. Is this correct? I was not able to check the warranty manual as it is in the glove box at the dealership.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jim
Old 01-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Senior User

Leonandlisa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My friend had his exhaust sensor replaced under warranty and he was past the 3yr/36,000 mile warranty, so it must have been covered under the 100,000 mile warranty. I don't have my manual with me either so I can't look it up.

2011 Keystone Fuzion 302 Toyhauler
Old 01-21-2011, 12:13 PM
New User

Thank you for your quick reply. The dealership phoned moments ago and the truck is ready. I'll be checking the warranty manual prior to paying for service. If not covered, I'll be phoning the area Ford rep. prior to paying as she gave me a hugh discount when I had to replace the radiator at 65,000 miles. I'll post the results later today.

Thanks again,

Jim
Old 01-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Senior User

fg250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
just last week there was a post on here about one of the three sensors not being covered under warranty. It sparked quite a debate, not sure if it's true or not, but now with your post it seems to be so.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Elder User

66stang351 is starting off with a positive reputation.
$400 seems extreme to replace a $65 sensor...
Mods: Billet grille/side vents, tailgate badging removed, Pioneer AVIC-D3 w/Bluetooth XM IPOD backup camera, B&W hitch w/trailer plug-in in bed, LineX, Access Tonneau, Smoked tail lights mirror signals cab lights and third brake light, train whistle, GearVendor, AFE CAT/DPF Delete pipe, Spartan tuned
Old 01-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Junior User

ISUsuperduty is starting off with a positive reputation.
They are not covered. I have a pretty cool service manager and we went through each category that he could put it under and there is nothing listed for the new part numbers. Ford swiched part numbers on the temp sensors around July/August of last year. The old part numbers were covered. The only way they are covered is 3/36,000 warranty. They are not expensive by themselves, but the service manager said that it can get expensive because they are known to break off in DPF, requiring them to remove the DPF and extract it. The rear sensor is the worst to get out.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:01 PM
New User

EGT Sensor #2 was replaced. Part No. 8C3Z 5J213 D.

The price quoted was $477, however the area customer service rep. allowed an After Warranty Adjustment (AWA). I ended up paying $100.

My Warranty manual clearly states the warranty was for 5 years/100,000 miles, however I was told this part was no longer covered.

This same customer service rep. gave me an AWA on a radiator a few months back so I chose not to argue abouth the $100 and paid it (and I have a feeling I'm going to need her again in the future).
Old 01-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Post Fiend

cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
its not covered. look up the post from about a week ago. I covered it pretty well there.
the covarge states engine emmision sensors, and dpf.
the egt done not effect fueling in the engine and is not an emmision sensor. its a temp sensro to prevent engine and dpf damage.
it screws in to the dpf and is not "part of" the unit.
mods arp,egr delete, tuned, 91 gallon RDS fuel tank.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:36 PM
New User

Cheezit, I attempted to locate the post regarding the sensor after fg250 mentioned it. I again just tried to locate it using the search. Do you recall the post title?

Thank you,

Jim
Old 01-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Post Fiend

cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
sorry I dont
Old 01-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Elder User

bnmccoy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bnmccoy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...not-crank.html

sucks; Ford is not doing the right thing.
(traded the 06 w/ 45Kmi. 10/1/07)
(traded the 04 w/ 56Kmi. 3/25/06) N5BUJ
Old 01-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnmccoy View Post
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...not-crank.html

sucks; Ford is not doing the right thing.
not tring to be rude but can you back that statement up with any kind of fact.
they did warranty them for a few years when they did not have to. they have not gone back and asked anyone to pay for those either.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Postmaster

rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.
from what cheezit has written, why should Ford have to warranty a temp sensor past the 3/36,000 warranty. Just doesn't make sense, sucks for us but really it is not emissions related then it is just another sensor
Old 01-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Senior User

Rudiak is starting off with a positive reputation.
Because it's part of the Powertrain and Powertrain Warranty is 100k.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiak View Post
Because it's part of the Powertrain and Powertrain Warranty is 100k.
once again can you provide a sorce of that data. powertrain is an engine/trans/ diff.
exhaust is not powertrain.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:15 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2008, 450, 5j213d, 64, 8c3z, 8c3z5j213d, exhaust, f250, ford, list, part, powerstroke, remove, sensor, sensors, warranty