Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what engine for boggin

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 06:14 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, that sounds good! I keep calling Nick trying to get my radiator back from him so I can take it and get it fixed but he won't call me back!!! Probably too busy with that blonde.... Last I talked to him he was having some troubles with his block heater, but haven't heard back since then. Also, for everyone's information I'm perfectly capable of rewiring the bish myself, but if the fat man offers for a case of beer or two, why not? :flipoff2:

Old 01-24-2011, 06:19 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
I wasn't implying I'd do it all myself. I was implying that since I do low voltage electrical work that I have all the tools to do it correctly and will help you fix your junk. Beer, meh, I'd rather do Captain!

Nick got his heater and glow plugs replaced, but now needs to replace the oil cooler as it's spewing oil all over the place. But hey, what do you expect from a 12 year old truck with over 300k miles on it.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:22 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
I knew you weren't doin it yourself, just saying I wouldn't mind some help. It's always easier running wires with another set of hands. I really need to get all the gauges I want and get some type of new dash board setup before we do all the wiring though.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:43 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
You have time. It's too dang cold outside right now. Get your monies together for whatever parts and guages and we'll plan for March. I need to make a new dash for the ranger too. Tired of looking at the factory dash!

Old 01-24-2011, 07:30 PM
fatdan460
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kjett
We need to get your wiring disaster fixed so you can reliably drive and mud your ho! I have the ranger at my house with the motor out again to prep it for the coming season. Once it's a little warmer you need to come down with some booze and wire and we'll re-wire the entire thing in an afternoon!
i'm really considering a racing wire harness for the bronco. i hate wiring and am no good at it, and the factory crap is everywhere.
Originally Posted by captain p4
I knew you weren't doin it yourself, just saying I wouldn't mind some help. It's always easier running wires with another set of hands. I really need to get all the gauges I want and get some type of new dash board setup before we do all the wiring though.
kind of just wanna get a 3 dash old school simple pod and be done with it, wish i had a bit of help from someone with a clue.
Originally Posted by kjett
You have time. It's too dang cold outside right now. Get your monies together for whatever parts and guages and we'll plan for March. I need to make a new dash for the ranger too. Tired of looking at the factory dash!
basically, i got my gauges put back in and the only factory one that works is the speedo, but none of the interior lights work, and being as all the fuses are good, i'm screwed because chasing electrical demons is not something i'm any damn good at. all i want is a few simple guages with lights, an ignition, heat for winter wheeling, and headlights/tail lights/blinkers/wipers. i figure a new simple race harness with blade fuses would be the best option for me to go, opinions????

Old 01-24-2011, 07:45 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by fatdan460
i'm really considering a racing wire harness for the bronco. i hate wiring and am no good at it, and the factory crap is everywhere.
Painless is the way to go. A little pricey but well worth it if you are not wiring savy.

kind of just wanna get a 3 dash old school simple pod and be done with it, wish i had a bit of help from someone with a clue.
I'm just going to strip out all the old factory dash and mountig suff left and fab up an aluminum box that will not only hold the guages and switches but will get the MSD7 box and other expensive elcetrical parts up and sort of hidden so it makes it easier to hose the cab out.

basically, i got my gauges put back in and the only factory one that works is the speedo, but none of the interior lights work, and being as all the fuses are good, i'm screwed because chasing electrical demons is not something i'm any damn good at. all i want is a few simple guages with lights, an ignition, heat for winter wheeling, and headlights/tail lights/blinkers/wipers. i figure a new simple race harness with blade fuses would be the best option for me to go, opinions????

If the guages are no good, get some of the cheapy mechanical Autometer guages and wire from there. Parallel all the guage lights together on the running light circuit and then for the sending unit, the mechanical would be better so you don't have to worry about the electonic senders crapping out on you down the road. As for the harness, look at Painless since you already know wiring isn't your thing.